Replies

• bnaile
    bnaile Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's what it's all about, Brother.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic and congratulations to you!!

children can be a great motivator for weight loss, i know my niece and nephew motivate me because i want to be able to run around and play with them instead of sitting on a bench and telling them "no not this time"
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What great choices you are making!! You should be proud!!
  • Thanks for sharing. I agree with you that weight loss it is not always about looking good and feeling good but is a lifestyle change. I know if I were at a healthy weight I would have totally taken the kids to the beach more but not being there we went there once or twice which is shame for Floridians . I’m working on making changes to my lifestyle so that it will not happen this year.
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    def a life perspective moment! congrats on your NSV! its amazing the impact these little people have on our lives!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Those are the momemts! Congratulations, and here is to many more days at the park with your son!
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Awwww.... ^^
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Aw! I know the feeling. I was playing with my son for the first time in years. Climbing, going in the loops, sliding down the slides. Just the simple things like this, matter the most. xo great job
  • 18emeralds
    18emeralds Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congraulations!! How exciting. Definitely a tear jerker.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I know how you feel - yesterday I took 2 of my grandchildren over to their park. We played football, I jogged for a few yards (haven't quite got the hang of getting my feet back off the ground yet LOL) I shot a few hoops and chased them around the park.

This time last year, I would have sat on the bench and watched them...........

We are getting our lives back, and giving others memories that will last forever.
  • stephstar15
    Options
    Such a great story. Thanks for sharing! I am going to give my kids great big hugs when I see them this afternoon!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, good for you!!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Very Awesome!
  • kerrphy_2011
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait until I can share moments like that with my husband and children.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself that much of a sensitive guy but today I had a nice NSV that made me a bit teary eyed.

I have a soon to be 2 year old and we finally took him to the park next to our new place and ... I was running around with him, jumping, laying down in front of him and letting him run me over with his bubble lawn mower, going down slides with him, climbing on the jungle gym, jumping from the jungle gym.

My wife pointed out that 120 lbs ago I would not have been able to even fit through one of the things I was climbing up too..

Kind of hit me like a bag of bricks when I realized how much we didn't do a little over a year ago and if I would have continued to do what I was doing I would have ruined my sons life and my wife's life... Either by having them pick up my bad habits or simply missing my son growing up...

This isn't always about looking good and feeling good about weight loss, this is a lifestyle change. This changes your life, your behavior and it can impact your entire family. It was cool.
    these are the kinds of stories and experiences people who haven't had to live both lifestyles will never understand! and hopefully your son will never have to understand how it feels, either. all the hard work, temptations, and investments to your health are so worth it, and these stories make it so worth it
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You are a very special daddy. Thanks for posting this.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I got 4 kids 12, 8, 7 and 4 and my 3 youngest ones wants to have a back ride from me once in a while. Either going up or down the stairs. I'm always glad that I can do it cause seeing those smile from their face and hearing them laugh is priceless.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've had that same exact realization and it brought me to tears as well!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic nsv!! So happy for you!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awww that is very touching!! Congrats on your weight loss and your new life!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!