400 Calories in 4 Minutes - WDYT?

Options

Replies

• heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i could eat 400 calories in 4 minutes, lol.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    No way. I do that for 40 minutes when I do Insanity and then I'm just getting 400-500 calories.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There is no way you could burn 400 calories in 4 minutes. I do HIIT workouts and in 15 minutes I burn around 200 calories, it is true though that you're metabolism keeps burning calories at a higher rate over the next 24-36 hours after a HIIT workout. The afterburn is probably what they are referring to.

I agree... I did a HIIT myself last eve, and burned about 220 in 16 mins...and was kicking my booty.... 400 in 4 mins sounds pretty impossible!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If your wearing the right outfit.

GG-G620_0112-352x450.jpg
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My only guess is that you burn that 400 calories during and AFTER the workout. It appears to be HIIT which claims that you burn more calories after your done-sometimes up to 24 hours after the workout. But of course, this is all speculation.

That is where the "burns as much as a run" claim comes from. Because with running your body stops burning once you stop running.
  • asunnysnowman
    asunnysnowman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Figured. I looked it up and a couple websites were like "No, scientifically proven!"

I kept thinking.. ****.. the elliptical is the fastest way I burn calories and so far the max I've gotten is like 15/min.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Do you think it can be true?
    103371753916833097_5lTL6mKf_f.jpg

I thought you meant EATING 400 Calories in 4 minutes! LOL...I was gonna say HECK YEA, heck 1200 in 4 min (3 Donuts...) LMAO
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I can eat 400 in half that :D
  • eedossa
    eedossa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do one of those Tabeta types workout every morning, but only because I find it helps me stay focused during the day. I still do a "regular" workout after work.
  • lordbyron46
    lordbyron46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    absolute nonsense !!!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have read recently about HIIT (High- Intensity- Interval-Training).

This seems to be one of the most efficient cardio workouts possible. The literature I read was relating to a study where the participants did 1 min @ 100% heart rate followed by a 1 min rest x 10 sets (20 min total workout).

Not certain about the calories burned. But apparently, this method of exercise was equivalent to about 1 hour of bike riding.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Shouldn't it say 400 calories in 3:50 seconds? According to the wording the last 10 seconds are rest.
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There is no way you could burn 400 calories in 4 minutes. I do HIIT workouts and in 15 minutes I burn around 200 calories, it is true though that you're metabolism keeps burning calories at a higher rate over the next 24-36 hours after a HIIT workout. The afterburn is probably what they are referring to.

AGREE!!! I do HIIT workouts too
  • ygrad2001
    Options
    No but it is a good quick workout and gets your heart rate up! I love it!
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the research on this however....if all you have is 4 minutes, then DO the workout!! It's better than nothing!!!
  • roseemb
    roseemb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i could eat 400 calories in 4 minutes, lol.
    It would not even take more more than 1 minute to take care of 400 cals :)

But therein lies the monster which is weight loss!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    that would probably be about 40-50 calories for me...
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    No way!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I will do it anyway.. whether it be 40 or 400 calories.. its fast and to the point. Everyone has a spare 4 minutes. :)
  • CassandraMcA
    Options
    This is one of Mike Changs six pack shorcuts routines- he has TONS of videos on youtube and these short workouts are INTENSE, sweat more doing these than on the eliptical for 30 minutes. Worth checking out for sure- his 4 minutes "corkscrew & figure 8 ab" routine is killer...