5ft 1' people come here.

Options

Replies

• vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Can I ask your daily net calories? I'm also 5'1" and 106 lbs but can't seem to figure out the right maintenance amount of calories. 1450 is definately too high
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and currently 154 (had my fourth baby 4 months ago and started MFP last week). My weight has fluctuated a lot since high school (I am 36 now). When I graduated I weighed about 115. Gained 10 lbs my first year of college, then lost and got down to 99. Gained some weight back and was 105-110 for the remainder of college. I was happy at that weight. I weighed 118 when I got married at age 24. Since having kids my lowest weight has been 122 (about a year after having my 2nd child). I have gained and lost and weighed 150 when I got pregnant with #4. Ideally I would like to be under 120 but I don't know how realistic that is at this point in my life. My initial goal is 125 and I will go from there.
  • ashncox55
    ashncox55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh? Im 5ft 1' and weigh 165.6 llbs at home and 171 llbs by the doctor scales.

5"2 last Thursday I weighed 160 at home and 164 at the doctor. I weigh myself three times before I go with that number..lol I had this question last time because I weighed 166 at home and at the doctor 170 flat. I hate that they use their numbers..lol But I weight first thing in the morning after I shower. So last week when I had my second appointment I weighed myself my way and the doctors way and it was 160 & 164 fully dressed :)
  • Spliceintuit
    Spliceintuit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". My highest weight was 137 last year. My current weight is 119 lbs. I want to get down to 105 to 110 lbs by the summer.
  • LWolford84
    LWolford84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started at 150 over a year ago, hung around the 135 mark for a couple months, and I am down to the 128-131 range. I was hoping to get down to 125 but it will not be end of the world if it doesn't have happen. I have been cardio ( primarily running) and recently restarted weight training again. Since I have been working out so much, I had increased my calories to 1600 and would eat back only if I feel like I need to. Since I increased my calories, my energy level has improved, my effort during weigh training has improved, and I am in a better mood.
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and 113 lbs. I range from 111 - 114 lbs; my goal is to be healthy and accountable for what I eat (I love to eat)!.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Can I ask your daily net calories? I'm also 5'1" and 106 lbs but can't seem to figure out the right maintenance amount of calories. 1450 is definately too high
    I'm 105 and I eat over 2000 a day. Usually nearer 2500. You're probably eating too little. I gained weight on 1200 calories because my body was starved - now I'm on 2000 minimum my weight seems stable enough.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5ft exactly
    SW-180
    Cw- 156
    Gw-120
    I still most def need to fix my eating habits to make my scale move a bit faster though :frown:
  • mint0429
    Options
    I'm 5'1 weighing 150 lbs ant to lose 30pounds or more
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" too :) My goal is to take off body fat while keeping the muscle I have. Don't want to be skinny (I like my curves)...just a little more trim.

SW: 138
    CW: 134
    GW: 127
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5' 1.5" here -Starting wgt-156; CW-153; GW-125 for now & will re-evaluate if and when I get there. :smile:
  • lellagella
    lellagella Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'1 and 164 pounds, am aiming for 120 lbs
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate between 110 (absolute lowest--usually only happens if I'm SUPER stressed) to 120 (usually my post-holidays weight). Most of the time I'm 115-116.
  • iSteakers
    Options
    I think even if everyone is the same height they will carry the weight differently. That has been part of my struggle with trying to figure out what my goal weight should be. I have lowered it a few times as I've gotten close and can tell I still need to lose more to get rid of the fat.

I'm 5'1
    SW: 215
    CW: 138
    GW: 125
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    5'1 and weight 131.6
  • SarahJane0691
    SarahJane0691 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft 1" and I weigh 189lbs down from 210lbs ....

I eat 1200 calories a day and tend to eat back my exercise calories around 4 days a week, and then don't bother the other 3 and have steadily lost 1.5lbs a week. Maybe you would be better getting your fat % checked out and go by that instead? I think thats more important than aiming for a specific weight . :)
  • sglider12
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and am 139lbs. I was 145.... I want to get to 125-130.
  • a11y00ps
    a11y00ps Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2" Army says I'm supposed to weigh 144 for my age of 40+/- 1 I fluctuate since the 6th grade between 135 and 180. Depending on my hormonal levels and the monthly cycle. I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome and a healthy diet and exercise is highly recommended to prevent the onset of Adult Type 2 Diabetes. I can exercise and diet all day long but still pack on the pounds. It was not until I added in the sleep factor and the resting periods how that fixed most if not some of the issues I have been having. I am still trying to find the right balance between the 3 to make it work. I know that not many of us can spend 6 hours a day in the gym (like I did while I was deployed) where I got down from 235 after my son was born to 147. So since I have been back I have maintained that until I had a change in duty station where I developed fibromyalgia due to the stressors good and bad from the change in environment I was in. Since then I have been able to maintain 163lbs but I go back home and eat like I am supposed to with 6 small meals a day or 3 large meals I have gone back up to 180 fighting the fat so to speak for the 18 years in service because of my short stature. This tool has helped me to realize that though I may be eating it is the nutritional content of that food that is important. The fats and carbs are also included even though they are not the most important.

My goal is to get back down to around 140lbs. Even though I would like to compete in MMA it is not hard if training is the only thing I have to do.
  • Patty1030
    Patty1030 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'2

SW: 184 (1 week after I had my 2nd baby in July 2011)
    CW: 154
    GW: 125

Currently on 1200 calorie since i started MFP in Nov. 2011. I have my off days but try to stick to my calories most days. I gave up red meat and bread/carbs for lent so I am hoping it will help witht the weight loss a little.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    height 5'1

starting weight 157 lbs
    current weight 151.8 lbs
    goal weight 120 lbs or 115 lbs ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!