Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi have questions to ask x
    I started upping my cals on Jan 1st .. I eat between 1500 and 1700
    I'm 43 and do formal exercise 3 times per week ... I'm a nurse and generally burn 1900-2000 on my working days (3 days a week) ... On my exercise days I usually burn around 2000 ..
    You all seem to do A lot of exercise .. Like every day.. I just o do 3 a week ... I mix up HITTs and runs ..!! And thos in sone weight training 2-3 times a week too. Sometimes ill do 4 but it depends on my children and my work
    So I'm 43... 5'1" .. And 141lbs...
    Does 1500-1700 cals per day seem right ..??
    In Jan I lost nearly 4lbs .. I don't know about feb yet as I'm weighing on last day of each month but I don't think iv lost too .much this
    Month.

My tdee is 1900 and I minus 20%... My fitbit weekly stats also show that on average I burn 1900 which includes my 3 formal exercises .!
    I want to get it right as I only need to lose 7-10kbs x
    I really want to eat like this as I like eating lol x

No 20% is too much deficit when you have only 6lbs to lose. You need to only have a 10% cut. So yes go by what your fitbit says is 1900 - 10% = 1710.

Blimey .... Ok ill give it a go... Scary
    Thanks for the reply x
    I weighed today and I gave lost nothing in feb and my waist size is the only thing to Change by 0.3 of an inch x
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and do formal exercise 3 times per week ... I'm a nurse and generally burn 1900-2000 on my working days (3 days a week) ... On my exercise days I usually burn around 2000 ..
    You all seem to do A lot of exercise .. Like every day.. I just o do 3 a week ... I mix up HITTs and runs ..!! And thos in sone weight training 2-3 times a week too. Sometimes ill do 4 but it depends on my children and my work
    In Jan I lost nearly 4lbs .. I don't know about feb yet as I'm weighing on last day of each month but I don't think iv lost too .much this
    Month.

My tdee is 1900 and I minus 20%... My fitbit weekly stats also show that on average I burn 1900 which includes my 3 formal exercises .!

No 20% is too much deficit when you have only 6lbs to lose. You need to only have a 10% cut. So yes go by what your fitbit says is 1900 - 10% = 1710.

Thanks for the reply x
    I weighed today and I gave lost nothing in feb and my waist size is the only thing to Change by 0.3 of an inch x

You are doing a lot more activity that I think you realise plus you don't have a sedentary job.
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Month.

Thanks for the reply x

You are doing a lot more activity that I think you realise plus you don't have a sedentary job.

I have set my cals on my MFP to 1700 :-) ill see how I get on x
  • mgbur01
    mgbur01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Feel free to add me... I currently am eating at about 2100/day and I love it! Would love more friends on the same track to keep each other motivated!
  • sugarmonster80
    Options
    bump
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I try to net at 1500 per day, as such I usually eat between 2000 and 2200 per day. Some days more, some days less, depending on exercise and hunger...
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Question for you guys, are you having 1800 net cals, or 1800 cals not including exercise cals?

Personally, that's what I eat and doesn't include exercise. I take the TDEE approach so don't add any calorie burn from exercise.

I eat between 1700-1900 a day but occasionally also have high calorie weekends so it likely averages out to more. I'm 38, 5'5" (ish) and maintaining in the 113-115 range. I lift 3 times a week and do cardio 2 other times a week - one of those usually being a HIIT session.
  • lissaloue
    lissaloue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eating between 1800-1900 & feel fantastic! :happy: Losing inches, gaining muscle & confidence..... super amounts of energy to keep up with my boys!!
  • twinmummi
    twinmummi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently eating between 1600-1900 cals a day and feel fantastic. How anyone can function on 1200 is unimaginable! I love having lots of energy to work out and I love food!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm at goal now and trying 1900 for a while but aiming for higher.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is BACK !! hehe... awesome read for anyone scared to up their calories
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump. Need to read this properly later.
  • Kitty582
    Kitty582 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    I was at 1310 net and stopped losing 3 months ago. Tried a full diet break for 3 weeks close to TDEE. Set my MFP goal to 0.5 pounds a week and ate half of my exercise calories back. I only ate half of my exercise calories because I don't have a HRM, and don't entirely trust the calorie burns the machines at the gym give.

According to MFP I should have lost 0.5 a pound a month, which didn't happen. However, I am happy I didn't gain weight during the diet break. The last two days I have started restricting to 1310 net again, and am down 0.5 kg.

It's early days, but if the diet break has succeeded in re-establishing my metabolism to normal levels, I will incorporate it every 3 months until I reach goal.
  • lozzieemayjenkins
    lozzieemayjenkins Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the website and these fitness boards. How do I find the original post - is there an article or something that explains that upping calories leads to more weight loss if combined with more exercise? I'm confused by the various posts. And what does bump mean and do?? Sorry for my ignorance. :)

Nope, it isn't ignorance at all. I know it sounds backwards, but if you are doing excessive workouts, then your body NEEDS extra fuel to survive. I was starting at eating only 1400 calories and working out 3 days/week. I have increased my calories. I eat atleast 1900 calories and more on days where I am working out more (depending on what I am doing that day). Follow the formula that has been provided and multiple it by 80-85% depending on how much of a weight loss you want. It really does work!!!!

Where is the formula? I've scrolled through but can't seem to find it..
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later - I eat over 1800 cals a day, would love to read from other women who do this.
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    For about 2 months I have based my calories on my TDEE and my fitbit. I am 5'11'' and I burn 2500 calories on a light active day and I burn upwards of 3400 calories on my active days. So my calories range from 1800-2900! I am losing inches and weight slowly, but not gaining! its ok to eat people!! and it feels so much better!

I do an 30-60 of cardio 5-6 days a week in the form of running (I do lots of marathons) and Turbofire
    I do 30 min Jillian Michaels Body Revolution 4 days a week.

Have lost about 4-6 pounds and around 5 inches.