Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Oh wow this was bumped. I saw my last post on this page was in June. I was trying to make 1900 my maintenance. Laughable. I'm now eating 2000 calories, but I'm gaining weight (on purpose-clean bulking). It's pretty pathetic to be gaining on 2000.
  • CarolineHayden
    CarolineHayden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is thread is why I need to constantly remind myself that eating less won't make me lose weight any faster. I struggle with this all of the time, when what I really need to do is stop eating too many processed foods and make more time for physical activity. Eating enough calories fuels your body for crushing workouts, and prevents binge eating later. Thank you for this reminder!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • DanielleMontross
    Options
    Eating 2410 net a day and losing about a pound a week. Ridiculously easy to do. I kept trying to cut to 1200, 1400, etc but now I realize that if I take it really slow I can maintain this for more than a week.
  • jademarriott94
    jademarriott94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1600-2600. (Preferably try and stay below 2000) but depending on how much exercise and if I want a treat it will be 2600.

I've been there with the whole starving thing and eating under 1000 ect. I got so tiny, lack of energy, mood swings, unhealthy relationship with food and with my own body.

Now I am 9 st 11lbs and working on getting down to 9st 5lbs. I have been much lighter before and piled on the pounds back to 11st. LESSON LEARNT.

Realistically are you wanting to go your whole life starving and unhappy? That's what I figured out. Why would I want to not be able to have that bar of chocolate as a treat because I loveeee chocolate.

I look healthier and am fitter now, just have a few extra pounds to go (for my own piece of mind) and am still losing weight slowly for the amount of eating o am doing compared to the last time I tried to lose weight!

Keep going and good luck X
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 Right now maintaining at about 2100 calories on non exercise days, on exercise days I eat back all my calories....but I do tend to underestimate calories burned. I'm also nursing a little bit, so there's that too.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    This needs a bump up. BUMP
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5'10 and currently 270 .. I'm around 1800 (sometimes more if I have a long walk) and have lost over 75 pounds. I was close to 350. I don't exercise regularly. Here is a recent side by side. y42u1qgkpmoh.jpeg
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I started (again) at the end of December at 199. I ate 2000 cals plus exercise cals until I hit 185. In February. Now I am at 1850 plus some exercise cals. I checked in at 174.8 last week, but I won't be dropping my calories again unless I hit a major stall. I have lost several inches overall. I was just staying in my calorie goal and doing cardio until last month, now I've started lifting again as well.

I lost from 231-145 a few years ago, but I starved myself at 1350 and clearly it was not sustainable for me. This time I'm meeting my goals and staying there.
  • Ellen8189
    Ellen8189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tabinmaine wrote: »
    I would love to hear from women who eat 1800 calories or more a day, know your story and how much weight loss you have had. Pics would be awesome. I have just upped my calorie intake , done starving myself !!

Would love some encouragement or pics of your progress ..... show us how eating your calories work !! :smile:

I've never posted before but I was so excited to see this thread I had to hahaha. The idea of eating 1300 calories/day every single day makes me want to die.

I lost 26 lbs at 1800/day (went over pretty frequently honestly). That took from August 1 to thanksgiving weekend of 2015. Been maintaining since, bouncing around my calorie goal from 2200-2800/day to see what works. Currently at 2500/day and I think I might be losing super slow at this level - I will up my intake if that's the case.

For reference, I'm 26, 5'9", 130. Super active.
  • jenlivingstone915
    jenlivingstone915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenlivingstone915
    jenlivingstone915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories this week as I couldn't stick to the 1340 that mfp had given me, and I thought at least if I up them I'll stick and possibly maintain while I get my head sorted, so I upped them to 1500 (still low I know!) and in reality I've been hitting more 1650-2000, and I weighed myself this morning.... It's been my biggest loss! After reading all of these posts, everything is starting to (finally!) make sense!!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat on average between 1500-1800 calories on week days, and estimated 2000-2500 on weekends (I log loosely on weekends) SW: 174 I
    in June 2015. CW: 143. It can be done :)
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I lost around 40 lbs in exactly 160 days (end of last October to end of March) eating at least 2000 calories a day (was allowed between 1900 down to 1650ish and ate almost all of my fitbit calories). I'm pretty tall (5'11) and I guess pretty active compared to most people, but I'm in my goal range now (150-155 lbs) and should be able to maintain eating around 2500/2600 a day. So far so good we will see what happens over time...
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Not even in my dreams.. Lol.. 5 foot nothing, not a chance.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    littlemili wrote: »
    I eat 2000-2500 a day (5'1, 105lbs). It's yummy. Seems like I am maintaining.

I was thinking this thread would not include someone as short as me! What were you eating to lose and at what rate did you lose?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aw man. I joined this thread when I was bulking :( No way I'm cutting on 1800. Enjoy ladies!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    pbprincess, congrats on meeting your goals at the higher eating level. And I <3<3 you profile meme.
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and 125 pounds currently. I was at 1200 cal and stalled out, no loss and no energy. Upped my calories and I now eat at least 1800 a day, about 1400 net. I lose about half a pound a week most weeks, and if not losing weight then my inches still go down.

Hi, I'm 5 feet also and trying to get to 125 (current is 140). I upped my calories in the last few weeks from 1200 to 1400 and have lost 5 lbs. Just curious, are you working out and how often? Do you watch your macros especially carbs quite closely? how many carbs are you having a day?