peanut butter- yay or nay ?

Options
in moderation of course

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what people say about this because this is a weakness of mine! I'm absolutely addicted to PB!
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what people say about this because this is a weakness of mine! I'm absolutely addicted to PB!

i read so much about it,how it's actually good for weight loss ( if you eat it in moderation ) so i was thinking about eating it 2 times a week for maybe 1-2 tsp
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter's a great way to boost your calorie intake if you find it hard to get them all. Even though it is quite high in calories it's filling and yummy too!
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of it because I love it and because it boosts my fat intake for the day.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Powdered peanut butter is awesome. I like Just Great Stuff since I can get it locally, but a lot of people buy PB2.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to love P.b.
    It' s has a decent amount of sugar and salt which makes it tasty and addictive. It's hard to stop at a little.....
    (I'll probably cop a bit of flack, so I'll go now!)
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!! :)

We use the Smucker's All Natural and I LOVE that stuff! I feel with it being all natural, I don't have to feel *as guilty* when I eat it. ;)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yay...it has good fats and can be a good source of protein, unless you eat a LOT of it everyday. i actually have some everyday, and use the JIF to go cups. if i have a jar around, i can eat it out of the jar! if i am out, i use pb2! :) i've tried stopping pb, and ended up overindulging one night.
  • joellensullivan
    joellensullivan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is much better for you! It's pretty delicious too. Tastes similar to peanut butter, but has a distinct almond flavor. It's amazing when you're cutting carbs!!!
  • NikkiP80
    Options
    Love it! I eat it about once a week, but I love the organic peanut butter that's just made of nuts. It's much better than the more generic stuff and is packed full of protein and good fats.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to love P.b.
    It' s has a decent amount of sugar and salt which makes it tasty and addictive. It's hard to stop at a little.....
    (I'll probably cop a bit of flack, so I'll go now!)

I agree, if you can find all natural pb may be better but what i do is blend up peanuts with a drizzle of oil to make pb then use it for a satay sauce.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    in moderation, it provides good and healthy fats :D
    especially if you get the no added sugar/salt crunchy kind
    alternatively just eating nuts is even better!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter on an apple just about every day and find it is a great tool for loosing weight. Yes, it has lots of calories so measuring is important, but the protein and fat (combined with the natural sugar and fiber in the apple) are very satiating.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is much better for you! It's pretty delicious too. Tastes similar to peanut butter, but has a distinct almond flavor. It's amazing when you're cutting carbs!!!

^^This. The only drawback to almond butter is.....it can run between 5x to 10x the cost of peanut butter depending on brands.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter can be healthy, but only if you get the natural kinds... not the Jif or Skippy we grew up with. Those have lots of bad stuff in them. Currently I'm obsessed with Jif Natural which is low sodium and no artificial stuff. So yummy and good for me! I feel like I'm having a treat but really I'm doing something good for me too!!! Read the labels... not all PB's are made alike.... fair warning for every product, I suppose. Just do your homework before you buy.. and then, ENJOY!
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    Peanut butter is really good for you as long as it's healthier brands (I know MaraNatha is one..) & not regular brands like Jif, Peter Pan, etc. (granted Jif & others are okay in moderation just like most other foods!)
    PB contains healthy fats which your body needs, so go ahead & eat it haha :)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    definite yay! It's one of my main staples
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    im totally & completely addicted to peanut butter.
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    Organic REAL peanut butter... with nothing added... as in: smash the peanuts, put them in a jar, put jar in fridge. ;-) A tablespoon a few times a week is allll good.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every single day.

And I usually eat it with some dark chocolate. Every day.