junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    PB and Ezekiel bread...favorite meal of the day
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    Peanut Butter is my weakness, but I have been trying to limit it because of the high calories. I still treat myself to some from time to time but honestly to curb my PB craving I buy granola bars with peabut butter. At 140 calories they are a great mid afternoon snack that also give me fiber and keeps me fullfilled until dinner.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yay of course. Its a great source of protein and its yummy
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yay, Smart Balance Peanut Butter with flax oil is wonderful. Only 48 calories for 1/2 tablespoon.

Jiff is only 190 for 2 whole tablespoons, or 47.5 for 1/2 tbls
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You can take my chocolate. I'll give up potato chips, sugary drinks, fast food, and cut back on beer, but you can take my peanut butter away when you pry it away from my corpse. I love the stuff.

My favorite brand is Adams no-salt added PB. The ingredients list reads like this: Ingredients, Peanuts.

I also recently bought a jar of "Better 'N PB", which is a reduced fat, reduced - calorie peanut butter. Turns out, it's too sweet and has a lot of additives, so I won't be buying that again. I need to find someplace here in Denver with PB2 or another defatted PB to try.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Huge YAY!!!! for me! I :heart: PB! I use Adams Natural (creamy!)... nothing but peanuts and some salt. I eat it, usually a Tbs at a time, with an apple, or when making a sandwich. A little goes a long way. :tongue: Yummy...
  • NikitaC2
    Options
    A WORLD WITHOUT PEANUT BUTTER IS NOT A WORLD WORTH LIVING IN. :noway: #TrueStory. :indifferent:
  • yolandawilson
    yolandawilson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i am too its good for you in moderation try some on a gram cracker sprinkle with hunny wonderful quick protin snack
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You can take my chocolate. I'll give up potato chips, sugary drinks, fast food, and cut back on beer, but you can take my peanut butter away when you pry it away from my corpse. I love the stuff.

My favorite brand is Adams no-salt added PB. The ingredients list reads like this: Ingredients, Peanuts.

I also recently bought a jar of "Better 'N PB", which is a reduced fat, reduced - calorie peanut butter. Turns out, it's too sweet and has a lot of additives, so I won't be buying that again. I need to find someplace here in Denver with PB2 or another defatted PB to try.

Yeah - I ordered Better'n Peanut Butter on-line. Not thrilled with it. The texture is okay. Kinda "gooey." But the flavor was really lacking. PB2 is the opposite. The flavor is great, but the texture is lacking. I'll take "bad" texture anytime. Love my PB2.

Better'n Peanut Butter is made with peanut flour & PB2 is made with peanuts with the fat is pressed out. I'll stay away from "peanut flour."
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Whole earth crunchy peanut butter is great! definatly yay

Non of that highly processed carbage tho
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    Absolutely love pb!
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    With honey. I use that as one of my refueling days
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    180 calories ?!?!?!?! I'll walk around the block

PB is the manna of the gods
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    I have found that if I melt 1 TBLS of PB in the microwave for 1 minute, and then eat it with a sliced apple, it makes the PB last a little longer. And if its a treat day, you can add a TBLS of Nutella and you are golden!

P.S. I use the natural PB.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My husband will eat peanut butter on or in anything. I like peanut butter but not quite like him.
    Last week I bought Almond butter (Brand: Barney Butter) it'a organic and such....anyways, I am freakin' addicted to that stuff! My husband is too, Yesterday, when we went to the grocery store, he wandered away to go find more because it's almost gone! In 1 week! Uff da!
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    Natural PB is my favorite too. A couple of recipes/ideas from that show Hungry Girl on Food Network: Toast a whole grain waffle and put a T of pb on it and a T of sugar free fruit spread. Yum! Also you can make a grilled pb & banana sandwich: 1 T pb, with banana slices (1/2 of banana), grill with 1 T Brummel & Brown (spray pan with cooking spray). Also, reduced fat has same amt of calories as the full fat pb, so go for the real thing!
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Buy a big tub of dry roasted peanuts. Throw a couple cups of the peanuts in your food processor for a few minutes and you have homemade peanut butter. I like to add a little bit of honey to it too. I like the taste and it makes it a little smoother too. Keep it in Jar in the fridge. Now you know exactly what is in your peanut butter. You never know you might even save money making it yourself.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat it several times a week on either a bagel thin or a waffle. I only use 1 TBSP as a serving though.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    2-4 tbsp a day everyday = my moderation.