Who hates running?!

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. I love being outdoors and I'm in good shape, but whenever I try to run I feel incredibly sick (like on the verge of vomiting) for the rest of the day. That's ok though-- there are enough exercises that I enjoy doing instead.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running. But for some reason I decided I wanted to start, so I did C25K, and I'm in my final week. Sunday I ran 2.67 miles in 28 minutes. NEVER thought I could do that 8 weeks ago! AND, I like it. There are times during the run that I don't. But I feel like I can take on the world afterwards! I listen to an audiobook while I'm doing it. Love it!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    If you hate it don't do it. There's plenty of other exercise you can be doing. I love running, but if I didn't, I simply wouldn't run.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why do you hate running?

Actually I used to hate it! Now im really getting into it. I did my first 5k last year just to challenge myself, now I'm signed up for a 10k.

Try kickboxing at a real boxing club! Its a brutal work out.. You'll never sweat so hard in your life.

what's not to hate? You have to wear tennis shoes, I have to strap down my boobs with duct tape and tight bras so my boobies don't bounce all over the place (ok, not duct tape, but you get the point) people drive by you and see your red, sweaty face and giggling body, you run and run and run and end up where you started.... IDK I just hate it

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you hate things because you don't like how you look doing them, then you're probably not going to like doing much of anything. Any good workout is going to make you sweaty and gross, probably red in the face, probably make your body jiggle, and you're going to have to deal with your boobs pretty much regardless.

Not sure what to tell you here. Sounds like you need to come to terms with where you are physically then bite the bullet to change it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    rollerblading feels like a fullbody workout- jus' sayin!
  • bigsargswife
    Options
    Why do you hate running?

Actually I used to hate it! Now im really getting into it. I did my first 5k last year just to challenge myself, now I'm signed up for a 10k.

Try kickboxing at a real boxing club! Its a brutal work out.. You'll never sweat so hard in your life.

what's not to hate? You have to wear tennis shoes, I have to strap down my boobs with duct tape and tight bras so my boobies don't bounce all over the place (ok, not duct tape, but you get the point) people drive by you and see your red, sweaty face and giggling body, you run and run and run and end up where you started.... IDK I just hate it
    Bwahahaha! That's so me!! I do hate running too. I like zumba and more aerobic classes like that though. AND, my life is now officially changed by the bra I found. I'm a 38DD and have serious jiggle issues. The bra is a (try not to laugh) Shock Absorber bra and it's fantastic!!! Here's their official website, I use the running high impact bra for everything and mine was cheaper on amazon. Good luck!
    http://www.shockabsorberusa.com/
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I'm not particularly fond of it, but I do it anyway. It's really hard, but It's a good calorie burn, and I hate the feeling that I *can't* do something, so when I find something really challenging I push myself to do it even if I don't like it.

this is where my problem lies. I HATE running, so I don't want to do it, and I don't make myself because my mind hates it too...

Then find something else to do. Go for a bike ride. Try a few home workout DVDs. etc.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Hate running and I'm in the military where we need to run for our Physical Test.

Love running and in the military! The military made me love it from hating it... after getting me fit on brutal runs, as soon as I could run because I WANTED to at my own pace and knowing I could do decent runs, made me love it...

What makes you hate it?
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    If you hate it don't do it. There's plenty of other exercise you can be doing. I love running, but if I didn't, I simply wouldn't run.

This. Don't make it harder than it has to be.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Why do you hate running?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you hate things because you don't like how you look doing them, then you're probably not going to like doing much of anything. Any good workout is going to make you sweaty and gross, probably red in the face, probably make your body jiggle, and you're going to have to deal with your boobs pretty much regardless.

Not sure what to tell you here. Sounds like you need to come to terms with where you are physically then bite the bullet to change it.

pretty sure I was clearly joking... more or less, those things are annoying. I really don't care what people think of me running down the street, because, well, they aren't...
  • bigsargswife
    Options
    Oh I hate running. My shins are apparently not built for that activity. Knees, ankles and feet do fine, but my shins... I can barely walk the next day. I LOVE the elliptical, and biking. Step classes are fun, and Zumba looks fun, but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.
    Bring a girlfriend and DO IT! It's a blast. And it really doesn't matter if you can't dance (like me) because no one is watching; they're all working hard too! :)
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    As Calvin Coolidge once said, "I do not choose to run."

But then again, I've never been in good enough shape to do it. I have friends who have done 13.1-mile half marathons, but I get winded after running .1 mile. On the other hand, I have WALKED half marathons with no problem.

Maybe after I get closer to my target weight, I'll give running a try.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Why do you hate running?

pretty sure I was clearly joking... more or less, those things are annoying. I really don't care what people think of me running down the street, because, well, they aren't...

ok, sorry... missed the joke.

That's good that you don't care. Not everyone is that way... some people can't deal with being sweaty or not looking cute all the time.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

ok, sorry... missed the joke.

That's good that you don't care. Not everyone is that way... some people can't deal with being sweaty or not looking cute all the time.

<<mostly tom boy :drinker:
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I love to run! but if you don't enjoy it don't do it. plenty of other cardio options besides running....

cycling
    rowing
    swimming
    team sports
    elliptical
    tennis
    rollerblading
    and on and on...
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    Aerobics classes, biking, swimming, hiking, circuit training drills...

I hate running, too. I was on a dance team for 3 years in college, and we ran a mile 5 days a week before practice or our morning workouts, and it never seemed to get easier for me. Aside from the first 30 seconds and 5 seconds in the middle when we passed some amazing smelling tea olive bushes on campus, I spent the whole time fantasizing about getting hit by a car so I could stop.

I try to go for a jog every once and a while with my husband because every once and a while he tries to do a turbokick workout with me, but I hate it.
  • usmc42290
    Options
    stair climbing/ stair stepper, eliptical highest incline, bike ride, treadmill highest incline, swimming.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I hate running just to run. It's no problem when playing basketball, soccer or other sports. Not to do 5K's or anything.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I hate running just to run. It's no problem when playing basketball, soccer or other sports. Not to do 5K's or anything.

See? and I'm the same way. I will run forever chasing and playing with my kids, but when I'm doing it for fitness, I overthink it and HATE it.
  • MrsEb79
    MrsEb79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Elliptical trainer? Boot camp class? Zumba? Spinning?