Anyone with 100lbs or more to lose?

Options

Replies

• droyal229
    droyal229 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My fiance and I both have at least 100 lbs we'd like to lose. We've just started calculating points, now if only we can stay under the point total and get some consistent exercise in there I think we'd be off to a good start! But that's easier said than done unfortunately ={
  • lucylvr88
    lucylvr88 Posts: 1
    Options
    to be at my perfectly healthy weight i should really lost about 170....but if i can lost 100 i will be exstatic. Good luck girl!
  • tamlynne32
    tamlynne32 Posts: 38
    Options
    I have well over 100 lbs to lose so if anyone is in my shoes please add me!! I really need to find friends in the state I am in to work on this with!
  • tamlynne32
    tamlynne32 Posts: 38
    Options
    to be at my perfectly healthy weight i should really lost about 170....but if i can lost 100 i will be exstatic. Good luck girl!

Sounds like you are where I am! Everything for the healthy BMI says I need to lose around 160-170 lbs. I honestly don't ever see that happening but I would be soooo happy with losing 100!!
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 100 plus pounds to lose and I'm just starting to use this site., though I joined it in June. Like you I am looking to find friends here that have around the same amount to lose and need support and motivation. Feel free to add me

Cathy in Nova Scotia
  • lorischw
    lorischw Posts: 1
    Options
    Here I am! Let's talk-I have 100 pounds to lose-we'll be besties in no time.
  • keywestlady123
    Options
    My weight was 499 lb ago I am now 260 want to go down to 160, and I am doing this for me! The one thing that I have learned that is give all your clothes that is to big for you away what every you do don't kept the big clothes! For every 5lbs that you loose do something nice for your self. :smile:
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I have about 200 pounds to lose....but I'll be happy just to shed half my body weight.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    x
  • MrJamsieboi
    Options
    My target is about 150lbs but if I can lose 100lbs that would be amazing.
  • hunnstephen
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, along with anybody else who wants an extra accountability buddy! I just started using this software as well and I have about 225lbs to lose.
  • skimbrough28
    skimbrough28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me to that list
  • Jenn1671
    Jenn1671 Posts: 3
    Options
    Love if you all want to add me. I am new and having wls soon and would like some people to lose with :smile:
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to join our 500cal burn a day challenge please follow the link below. Even if its under 500 as long as your moving thats our aim.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689303-day-1-of-our-weightloss-challenge
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Bathing Suit Shopping

When I was a child in the 1950s, the bathing suit for the mature figure was-boned, trussed and reinforced, not so much sewn as engineered. They were built to hold back and uplift, and they did a good job. Today's stretch fabrics are designed for the prepubescent girl with a figure carved from a potato chip.

The mature woman has a choice, she can either go up front to the maternity department and try on a floral suit with a skirt, coming away looking like a hippopotamus that escaped from Disney's Fantasia, or she can wander around every run-of-the-mill department store trying to make a sensible choice from what amounts to a designer range of fluorescent rubber bands.

What choice did I have? I wandered around, made my sensible choice and entered the chamber of horrors known as the fitting room. The first thing I noticed was the extraordinary tensile strength of the stretch material. The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe,
    by NASA to launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added bonus that if you manage to actually lever yourself into one, you would be protected from shark attacks. Any shark taking a swipe at your passing midriff would immediately suffer whiplash.

I fought my way into the bathing suit, but as I twanged the shoulder strap in place I gasped in horror, my boobs had disappeared!

Eventually, I found one boob cowering under my left armpit. It took a while to find the other. At last I located it flattened beside my seventh rib.

The problem is that modern bathing suits have no bra cups. The mature woman is now meant to wear her boobs spread across her chest like a speed bump. I realigned my speed bump and lurched toward the mirror to take a full view assessment.

The bathing suit fit all right, but unfortunately it only fitted those bits of me willing to stay inside it. The rest of me oozed out rebelliously from top, bottom and sides. I looked like a lump of Playdoh wearing undersized cling wrap.

As I tried to work out where all those extra bits had come from, the prepubescent sales girl popped her head through the curtain, "Oh, there you are," she said, admiring the bathing suit.

I replied that I wasn't so sure and asked what else she had to show me. I tried on a cream crinkled one that made me look like a lump of masking tape, and a floral two-piece that gave the appearance of an oversized napkin in a serving ring.

I struggled into a pair of leopard-skin bathers with ragged frills and came out looking like Tarzan's Jane, pregnant with triplets and having a rough day.

I tried on a black number with a midriff fringe and looked like a jellyfish in mourning.

I tried on a bright pink pair with such a high cut leg I thought I would have to wax my eyebrows to wear them.

Finally, I found a suit that fit, it was a two-piece affair with a shorts-style bottom and a loose blouse-type top. It was cheap, comfortable, and bulge-friendly, so I bought it. My ridiculous search had a successful outcome, I figured.

When I got it home, I found a label that read, "Material might become transparent in water."

So, if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this year and I'm there too, I'll be the one in cut-off jeans and a T-shirt!

You'd better be laughing or rolling on the floor by this time. Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain, with or without a stylish bathing suit!
  • kuehnerj
    Options
    Add me to this group...I'd LOVE to get this off of me. :wink:
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My first overall goal is to lose 100 lbs, then I might decide to lose more or stay there depending on how I feel when I get there. Since starting to use MFP three weeks ago I have successfully lost 9 lbs. Once I get some of this fat off I am also looking at building more muscle, and eventually taking up running. Anyone can feel free to add me if they would like!
  • mynulife
    mynulife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have more than 100lbs to lose - I have done the on again off again thing for years and I am now at my highest weight ever! I am actually getting scared that I won't be able to stop the scale from going up - it's so hard to make the changes I need to make but I see my 11 year old son gaining and I have to STOP the cycle - I can't let him go through what I have - feel free to add me - I am also going to the 100+ group - hoping this will be the time I stick with it! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!
  • joycebrett
    joycebrett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    any of you can add me too!! I need to lose over 100lbs-around 125 to start! i would love to help support any of yall on this journey!
  • jennym1999
    jennym1999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started MFP a few days ago, and I'm in the same boat. I have over 100 lbs to lose, and could use all the support and motivation I can get! Anyone, please feel free to add me and we can do this together!