have YOU LOST WEIGHT with eating carbs still?

Options

Replies

• JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have reduced is the amount of FAT and SALT.
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs every day. Whole wheat breads and pastas and brown rice and of course oatmeal (favorite!) are always in my house. Recently, lots of wheat bran also. I've been doing just fine. :wink:
    Me too, Everyday several times a day. Everything in moderation.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I don't eat any fruit or veg or anything healthy. I basically live off carbs and i've lost 23 lbs so far.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Of course I have. Once I hit 135g of protein and 75g of fat I eat as many carbs as I please up to my TDEE.

I even eat *gasp* COOKIES. I guess technically they are only 1/3 white carbs because there are two brown parts and one white part in an Oreo, right?

ETA: when you "drop a quick 10 pounds cutting carbs" it's largely water weight since carbs cause you to retain some water but water =/= fat
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs everyday. I do try my hardest to be under my limit, but sometimes still go over as I love carbs. Just like everything else, you need to try and choose healthier items and eat in moderation, but it can be done :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    not sure what your overall stats are, but man I love carbs! I eat a large amount daily, and am still losing, ignore the ticker, will update it after lent is over. large as in 150-250ish everyday
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Of course I have :)

You know, carbs are not fat-seeking missile cells that latch onto fat and keep it stuck in your body for hours and hours and years and years, all the while laughing maniacally.

Carbs are not the devil. Sugar is not evil. Red meat is not horrible. Alcohol won't kill your 6 pack. Everything in moderation.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I flat out ignore my carbs...and I'm still losing weight. I'm not sure if that helps, but there you go.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    that makes total sense :o)
  • stephiejones
    Options
    Since Lent started 7 days ago today, I have given up bread and rice and pop for my own beliefs, I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist but on the norm for me I usually eat any and everything I want just stay under my carbs...I was so shocked to see 1.5 in gone in that short of time just cutting those things out. In April after Lent I will go back to eating whatever I want just small portions.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Of course :)

I love carbs! I even have white pasta / rice and white or 50/50 bread - not a fan of wholemeal at all.
    I have around 200g total every day, more if I exercise and mainly in the form of cereal, pasta and rice. I also have other carbs such as biscuits, cakes, sweets, etc etc **in moderation**

I haven't had any trouble losing weight this way.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Yes, carbs with nearly every meal. I hate carb bashers.....pass me the bread! : ) x
  • HenryCT
    HenryCT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of carbs. I am over halfway to my goal. Carbs are fuel and our bodies requires them.

I lost the first 20 pounds eating a lot of carbs, but then hit a wall for over a year. I then went to paleo (low carb) and lost another 20 fairly easily. Carbs = insulin = hard to burn fat + easy to store fat.

Also, carbs are good. Just eat the normal amount (150g per day or less), not the standard American amount (200-400g per day). No carb bashing here, just eat real carbs, not the processed ones (bread, grains, cereal, oatmeal, sugars)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I bake my own bread, so HELLS YEAH! Bring on the carbs! I try to stick to the whole grains.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 lbs without giving up grains. I do stick to whole grains as much as possible, but I eat them every day.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    These last pounds are the hardest to loose, I know. BUT I don't believe in the slightest that the only way to loose it is by cutting out all carbs. I've been on low carb diets before; I have lost about 40 pounds, plateaued, got sickening board and gained it all back. THIS time I have eaten everything and had more success then I imagined I could and i am not board. Its all about LIFESTYLE change. Stay at it (with a healthy balanced diet), it will come off and stay off. Best of luck!

8380885.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I've done it both ways. Can be done.
    What he said. Right now I'm not allowing myself bread, potatoes, and refined sugar for 6 days a week. I'm on week two, but hid the scale for fear of obsession.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I want carbs... I crave them. I am currently trying to restrict them and am PISSY. A lot! I will try to continue to watch them, but maybe not as much as right now ;)

I don't want my diet to be low carb as I know I would not be able to keep it up forever...
  • HenryCT
    HenryCT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways. Can be done.
    What he said. Right now I'm not allowing myself bread, potatoes, and refined sugar for 6 days a week. I'm on week two, but hid the scale for fear of obsession.

I think the key is eliminating PROCESSED carbs. Everyone thinks that low carb means NO CARB. What it really SHOULD mean is that you eat all the carbs you want, just natural ones: Fruit, vegetables, nuts. The processed carbs (breads, crackers, chips, beans, rice) aren't really foods we evolved to handle in larger quantities.

So if you eat a normal human diet you will be around 100g of carbs per day. This isn't low ... it's normal. Eating beans and rice and bread and chips puts you at 200-400g of carb per day, and the processed carbs are the worst for your body. It can't handle that much, so it pumps out insulin, and the result is difficulty losing weight.

The people who lose weight and say they eat a lot of carbs probably eat around 100-150g per day by default as they are eating healthy carb sources and the right quantities.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm carbs.