Down 12 pds!! South Beach Diet Rocks!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    We should start an actual support thread for low carb people. Instead of just taking over this success thread!! :laugh: We could be Carb Conscious Peeps :tongue: Or Low Carbers. Or Carb Counters of America :wink: I must have had too many carbs for dinner - I'm getting a little loopy . . .
  • sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found these postings on the SB diet.. I am on day 8 and it is getting easier..I really fought this initially, but my boyfriend was 4 days ahead of me and he was doing great. Now I am really enjoying my meat and veggie menus....Has any one heard of people developing gall stones with this diet..?? My sister has been on it a couple months and is having this new problem. pam
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    We should start an actual support thread for low carb people. Instead of just taking over this success thread!! :laugh: We could be Carb Conscious Peeps :tongue: Or Low Carbers. Or Carb Counters of America :wink: I must have had too many carbs for dinner - I'm getting a little loopy . . .

sounds good to me we need to move to the motivation/support group section.....
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    that sounds good. Can the SBD dieters be included? Pick out a leader and take it from there. I am a diabectic and have never really learn all about carbs. I am on insulin. I need to learn more about This plan you are all on. Do you count calories or just keep up with your carbs?

This thread has really been Rocking these last few days. There are a bunch of you guys watching your carbs.

Caliecat
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If someone starts a new thread don't forget to let me know :bigsmile:

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks MtGirl. I have stay away from the full fat stuff so long I do need to catch up. Now I can have blue cheese dressing which is my faverite if I don't over do it. Thanks again. Potion control.

caliecat

I am surprised that your Doctor says to have low fat stuff.

The diabetic endocrinologist that I see says that diabetics should not have low fat stuff because of the added sugar in the low fat products. And, full fat stuff will keep you ffull and more satisfied longer.

That is why he put me on Atkins.

Just some things to ponder on.

My doctor has told me nothing but get on a diet and lose some weight.
    Not how.
    Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    that sounds good. Can the SBD dieters be included? Pick out a leader and take it from there. I am a diabectic and have never really learn all about carbs. I am on insulin. I need to learn more about This plan you are all on. Do you count calories or just keep up with your carbs?

This thread has really been Rocking these last few days. There are a bunch of you guys watching your carbs.

Caliecat

Of course SBD can be included!!! SBD is a controlled carb lifestyle just as Atkins, Protein Power, Sugar Busters, CAD, make up your own low carb plan, etc.............

I will be the lead and start the group!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds great. you will make a great one. Leave a link here So we will know where to go.
    Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    leanlioness....did you lose all your weight on adkins. it was intesting reading what you endro told you about full/low fat items. i saw one once and he told me since my doctor says i am controlled i didn't need to see him for anything. didn't like him, but, he is who insurance pays for. will have to see if there is another one they will pay for. i asked him for some tests and he said what do you want tested for? if i knew i wouldn't be asking. he said my reg. gp is doing just fine for me. i am finding counting calories i am not losing as fast or as much as i did when i counted carbs.

Yes, my endo is very much an organic and natural eater, along with the fact that he likes the Atkins Plan because it promotes the natural eating, not low fat.

He said that low fat items have NO place in a diabetics eating plan because of all the added sugar and additives and preservatives.

Why not have full fat plain yogurt with fresh berries or other fruit, versus having a carton of low fat yogurt that is full of added sugar, high fructose corn syrup and other junk............

I would rather have the full fat stuff that has more flavor, because of the fat and protein in it, will keep me full and satisfied much, much longer than the low fat stuff.

Hopefully by June, I will be down a clothing size or 2 and will be off all medications too!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I lost 3lbs this morning. 2 lbs that I had gained last week and another 1 lb. So that make me very Happy. on the SBD. its just been 5 days since I have started the SBD but next week I will have a full week, Happy eating all. I also went all day without fake sugar. except 1 pkg Stevia in my yogurt.
    Caliecat

Tell me how your day went---
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey I am still around here. and enjoying my food. The weigh seems to be just fallen of.
    Calicat
  • sparkyspal
    Options
    WOW! Day 14 on the SB diet. The most difficult thing for me was not having that "crunch" sensation that you get from the dreaded potato chip.. I thought that I had solved that problem by having non-salted peanuts...noooooooooooooooooooo, thank God for this food tracker on this site. I kept wondering why I would be so good for so many days..and end up not losing any weight...PEANUTS!
    So I am off to buy some chick peas today and try roasting them to see if that will satisfy my need for that "crunch". I thought I would miss sugar and chocolate..but those chips and bread were the most craved..I don't miss the bread.but like I said..I missed that "crunch" and carrots and other raw vegetables just didn't do it..

Pam
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    WOW! Day 14 on the SB diet. The most difficult thing for me was not having that "crunch" sensation that you get from the dreaded potato chip.. I thought that I had solved that problem by having non-salted peanuts...noooooooooooooooooooo, thank God for this food tracker on this site. I kept wondering why I would be so good for so many days..and end up not losing any weight...PEANUTS!
    So I am off to buy some chick peas today and try roasting them to see if that will satisfy my need for that "crunch". I thought I would miss sugar and chocolate..but those chips and bread were the most craved..I don't miss the bread.but like I said..I missed that "crunch" and carrots and other raw vegetables just didn't do it..

Pam

This is ninth day on SBD And I have not had a problem with it, My tummy feels so much better and smaller.
    Caliecat
  • sparkyspal
    Options
    This is ninth day on SBD And I have not had a problem with it, My tummy feels so much better and smaller.
    Caliecat
    [/quote]
    I have to admit that this diet is working.. I took some new measurements this morning and down a bit
    You are doing great and I hope you lots of success:drinker:

Pam
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Pam~~~~~~~~

still have the cruncy's I hope not. I have to weight every morning and night for my heart conditions and it has stay the same for 4 mornings. tomorrow is my WI and hope it moves tonight.So that my ticker will move. It will moved but I want more.

Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Pam~~~~~~~
    I had a 2 lb lost this morning makes 15 lbs since Dec'8
    I am on my way. I did eat a bowl of Strwberries last night. Oh so sweet and juciy. should have waited till Monday but could not wait any longer.

I go into the hospital for Leg surgery Wed. so I don't know how I will manage my diet then. but I will find a way.

Calie