What to put in my coffee.....

Options

Replies

• JustLena75
    Options
    I still use regular sugar. Just not a ton. I also make my own creamer out of milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and caramel syrup. Much better than the store bought liquid stuff.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I used to have just black coffee when I was on 1200 cals and drank it all day, Now I've lowered my amount to two/three on a bad day cups and enjoy it with milk and two sweeteners - I use hermistas (I think - sounds like a haemorrhoid cream) but with the milk, tastes just great!

But if you don't like the taste of coffee - why drink it? :flowerforyou:
  • monicaroozo
    Options
    Sorry - I know this doesn't answer your question to a no-calorie sweetener (but hoping it may be helpful to others who may be trying to sub out calories for milk and sugar without using artificial sweeteners).

I have swapped out my normal combo of milk and sugar to soy milk alone. Soy milk has the same calories as milk, but its sweeter in flavor so I do not need to add any sugar or artificial sweeteners.
  • BlueIdyll
    BlueIdyll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Truvia. Love the stuff, and it tastes better (to me at least) than any other sweeteners out there.
  • optional1
    optional1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    RAW SUGAR 1tsp i beleive artificial anything kills your metabolism. 1%milk 1/3 to 1c. coffee
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I buy sugar free syrups for my coffee at Walmart. They are splenda sweetened, so it adds sweetness to it, and since it is flavored it eliminates my need for flavored creamer.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein powder...

:O
  • Carmelos63
    Carmelos63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I stick to splenda taste just like sugar with no after taste. I also add a splash of fat free/sugar free Delight coffee cream for a total of 25 calories per cup. Since I cut back on most if my likes I try and enjoy a good cup of coffee and this works for me without giving up taste or consuming allot of calories.
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do Splenda as well. I don't like the "blue" or "pink" sweeteners, but I do like Splenda. I like it better than regular sugar in my coffee, actually.

Also a spash of an extract will add some flavor. Vanilla, coconut, mint, you can find it in LOTS of different flavors. Just don't add too much or it might make your coffee bitter.

Spenda did have sweetner + coffee flavors a while ago. Vanilla, hazelnut, mocha. But I don't know if they still make those or not.
  • Clhumpal
    Clhumpal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It only took me almost 37 years, but I just recently started drinking my coffee black - it helps me sip, not guzzle it, too - so I drink much less of it - my one travel mug lasts me all AM :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I add peppermint essential oil... ahhhh. :flowerforyou:
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    I put in a little skim milk and some sugar-free syrup, usually vanilla or hazelnut.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black but add a little cinnamon. It tastes AND smells delightful :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the taste of coffee, green tea has caffeine too and has lots of antioxidants...

Me personally? I can drink coffee and tea sans sweeteners, but if I choose to add creamer to my coffee, I put the real stuff in. The fat free creamers are gross IMO. One tablespoon of coffeemate liquid creamer is pretty low on the calorie count and tastes so much better than the sugar free/low fat stuff.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia in the raw and really like it.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use one packet of splenda between two cups of coffee. I'm down from 2 packets per cup.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black but add a little cinnamon. It tastes AND smells delightful :)

Plus the cinnamon is great for regulating your blood sugar :)
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use splenda, cinnamon and just a splash of skim milk!:wink:
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Stevia. It's a plant leaf extract, rather than a pure chemical like Equal/Splenda. Get a good one at your local health supermaket, though (I like NuNaturals). Truvia and Purvia are made by Coke/Pepsi and contain additional ingredients.
  • amknapp82
    amknapp82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my coffee black, but lately I have been adding 2 to 3 tblsp of Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream to my first a.m. cup and it is soooo delicious! I usually have a Caramel Drizzle Keurig K-cup with this and it tastes so good, for a total of about 12.5 Calories. It is a great little A.M. treat for me...