What to put in my coffee.....

Replies

• blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Have you tried the liquid flavored stevias? I have several flavors and love them all. Fave in coffee is hazelnut or vanilla.
  • Poor Mans Cappacino..add a packet of diet hot chocolate mix. The mix adds 35 calories to the drink but it is delicious!:drinker:
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Truvia.
    Best. Ish. Ever.
  • I just use Equal and soy milk. :drinker:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    You might also try changing your coffee brew to a lighter or sweeter roast. i've been ordering from Coffee Fool (google them) for about 4 years now. Their coffee is so tasty, I don't need sweeteners.
  • blue aguave sweetner has some calories but low glycemic index. fabulous in coffee!! I get mine at trader joes!! good luck:love::laugh:
  • I use fat free creamer in my coffee. dark no sugar, but I like my green tea sweet! There is a liquid sweetner they sell at Walmart called Torani. Comes in a bunch of SUGAR FREE flavors. It's delightful. Target has their own brand (IMO not as good) Make sure you get the sugar free because the regular comes with a TON of calories
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    I used to drink coffee with cream and sugar, but now I only do a little half and half. It's actually wayyy better without any sugar. :)
  • incendia3
    incendia3 Posts: 57 Member
    Coffee should taste like coffee. But if you must ruin it, then I also suggest Truvia.
  • I occasionally add a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil! Adds a little flavor and a ton of health benefits! :)
  • Mamaincali
    Mamaincali Posts: 65 Member
    I am having this same problem. I can't stand the taste of coffee but like the caffeine in the morning. I drink 2 cups and that is 245 calories worth of creamer. Its a lot. I've tried cutting down on creamer, making my own creamer, truvia, milk, soy milk and almond milk, hot cocoa. Its all so gross! I am out of solutions so I am weaning myself off coffee now. Once I get to a certain point I will just switch to tea. That I can do with Truvia. Oh and I've done the 5 hour shots and energy drinks. I can drink either of them and then go take a nap.
  • I do half coffee/half milk - the milk is sweet enough for me, while the coffee helps wake me up. And it helps me get a little closer to my calcium goal for the day!
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    whiskey, it adds calories but after about 10 minutes who cares!!!

I'm guessing my boss would care! LOL :drinker:

i just asked if it was ok, and the answer was yes as long as you share.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Truvia. Love the stuff, and it tastes better (to me at least) than any other sweeteners out there.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    I like splenda, doesn't leave an after taste. Since I don't drink much coffee. maybe 4 ounces in the am but I count it as 6 anyway. I use regular sugar because I don't use much. Just enough to sweeten it and get my day started. I'm not a really big coffee drinker. I'm off and on with it! Right now, I'm on with it because for some reason, it suppresses my apetite!

It suppresses my appetite too!
  • Classicbdw
    Classicbdw Posts: 6 Member
    I use splenda and have 6-8 cups a day
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    soy milk...soooyyy milk.
  • da vinci's sugar free syrups are delicious and you can get them in various flavors like b52, strawberry, white chocolate, khalua,, raspberry, etc. You can also use them on sugar free/fat free ice cream for a treat and even some of them are good just on ice (we have a snow cone machine and my husband likes the watermelon flavor with that). You can find them at various stores but to get all the flavors (they have 80plus) you have to buy them online. I don't usually buy them from their site due to expensive shipping but here is that info http://www.davincisyrups.com/Default.aspx
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    I use Z-sweet. I have to buy it on the Internet now since the local store that carried it here quit. But I love it. Zero calories and tastes like sugar.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I mix vanilla protein powder with a half cup of milk and either add 2 packets of splenda or a table spoon of sugar. This works for about 3 cups of coffee. An entire table spoon of sugar is only 48 calories.