What to put in my coffee.....

Replies

• truvia is a good sugar substitute..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Put high quality beans and proper preparation into your coffee and you will never again think of ruining it with sweetener or creamer.
  • I agree. I heard Truvia is the best:)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    stevia drops. super sweet. and it's from a plant (my bro has it in his backyard, the sweetest green i have EVER tasted)
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    I'd say go without the sweetener if possible. I drink my coffee w organic skim milk (I also use Newmans Own Organic coffee). I like the taste of the coffee and the milk doesn't make it too thick. It may be hard at first, I used to love white sugar and French vanilla creamer in mine. Once I made the switch, I will never go back!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    I heat up almond milk (I'm allergic to milk) and then add a scoop of cheap instant coffee, a scoop of cocoa powder, and a bit of stevia. Use a whisk to make it all frothy/foamy and you have heaven in a cup.
    303708_10150367455573833_637923832_9922003_1178958_n.jpg
  • incendia3
    incendia3 Posts: 57 Member
    Put high quality beans and proper preparation into your coffee and you will never again think of ruining it with sweetener or creamer.

This. Definitely.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member

Completely agree! A coffee bean grinder is a great kitchen investment!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I use sweet & lo, I've tried splenda & found it gives me a funny aftertaste.

My afternoon coffee is an espresso straight up but I like my "regular" coffee sweetened and a little milk.
  • Causin
    Causin Posts: 6 Member
    I use the product "Stevia in the Raw" & a tbsp of sugar free Coffee Mate creamer, I was a huge sugar in coffee person too, this has actually worked really well for me and I don't notice any after taste.
  • jennieolds442
    jennieolds442 Posts: 5 Member
    cant help u w/ no calories but ..... I use sugar free French vanilla coffee creamer . I drink about 3 cups in the morning w/ about
    1 - 2 teaspoons of creamer in each cup. The creamer is 15 calories per TABLESPOON.
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    i went thru the same issue a month ago when i started MFP..i was a cream and sugar kinda girl everyday all day at work !
    after some reading on the artificial sweetners and the health risks associated i switched to honey..a great source of potassium :)
    and tryed soy milk ..skim milk..wasnt a big fan..and then i found coconut milk for coffee..basically coconut cream..only 5cals a tablespoon :) and very tasty! its seems to be lightly sweetened also so less honey is needed..i highly reccomend trying it :)
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    I was going to say New England Coffee Company Chocolate Cappuccino Coffee - for me I don't need to add sugar to this, just a little milk. Link: http://www.newenglandcoffee.com/coffee/flavors/chocolate-cappuccino/ But I get it at Shop-Rite.

However, now that I've seen this I may have to reconsider. This sounds delicious!
    I heat up almond milk (I'm allergic to milk) and then add a scoop of cheap instant coffee, a scoop of cocoa powder, and a bit of stevia. Use a whisk to make it all frothy/foamy and you have heaven in a cup.
    303708_10150367455573833_637923832_9922003_1178958_n.jpg

Also, I have been adding skim miik to my morning coffee forever, but now I'm hearing (Dr. Oz?) that adding a little cream (1T) is better in the morning because the fat in it gets things burning. (My standard breakfast is a protein shake with cinnamon, fiber and 1T flax added, so basically very little fat.) Anyone else heard of this? Thoughts?
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    If you don't drink coffee because you like the taste, have you consitered trying some type of caffinated tea?

Oh and there are so many different kinds of tea! Caffeine content goes black > green > white. No caffeine in herbal/rooibos.

I usually drink a really dark, smoky black coffee. But sometimes I combine it with Cinnamon Dolce syrup from Starbucks and steamed skim milk for 100 cal....you're probably looking for something less than 100 cal. ^_^
  • rdpollard
    rdpollard Posts: 8 Member
    A little coconut milk does it for me. No further sweetening required. Give it a try.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Baileys. It's the only way I'll drink coffee!
    10036 Posts: 51 Member

Nom!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

Mmm! This is the only "cream" I will allow in my coffee. Baileys & Espresso... good morning drink when on vacation :smokin:
  • I didn't read all the replies, and you said you don't like stevia. Did you use liquid stevia, and have you tried the vanilla liquid stevia? I don't find it leaves an aftertaste, but that's just me...
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Drink it with soy milk. Naturally sweetens it! (make sure its soy milk that's not high in sugar, though. Like Silk or Vitasoy)