Replies

• Ptyson4
    Ptyson4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What does "BUMP" mean?
  • CaseyKay1980
    CaseyKay1980 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is what I needed too!! It is so easy to turn back to bad habit eating!

My starting weight today, 3/3, is 215.2
    My goal weight is 210

3/10 214
    3/17 215 (dang it!!)
    3/24
    3/31
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well, I had another weekend of poor food choices and no exercise. This time, it was more because I was rushing, and not planning enough. Between the girls' dance rehearsal on Friday night, their dance recital on Saturday, and church, swimming lessons and my brother-in-law's birthday on Sunday, I ended up totally off-track on my eating plan.

So this week is another week of 'undoing the weekend damage'. I've had lots of water already today, and went for a walk at lunch time. It's getting close to the end of the month, so I really need to be careful if I want to get my gym money back!!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hey! Where is everyone? Yoo-hoo!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Awww, sorry DMG , we were all hiding !!!

How is the week going getting back on the wagon?? I have the exact same issue at weekends, I do things at weekends, catch up with family and friends and generally it involves me not cooking for myself, having wine and generally being out of my routine, I then spend the next 5 working days undoing it.

This weekend on Saturday night I was out with some friends at a salsa club as it was her 40th and had tapas and a bottle of wine. Sunday was Mothers' Day in the UK so I baked for my mum (jaffa cake by the way is a UK biscuit/cake smaller than the palm of your hand which is sponge, with orange jelly in the top middle and top covered with chocolate, my version was a loaf cake of the same - my brother loved it!!). Then we went out for a 3 course meal, with wine, then I had a bit of my lemon buns I'd made to check they were okay before inflicting them on people!!! I don't think I went horrendously over on either day, but it's extra cals I didn't need. So you're definitely not alone with that!

I've got a yummy meal in my slow cooker right now ready for my friend coming round for dinner, creamy chicken and mushroom and only 250 cals, put some rice with it and I'm done - can't wait!! I love being in control, but I still want to live and not get obsessive. It's a hard balance to achieve.

:flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    March 1st: 206.3
    March 6th: 208.8
    March 13th: 209.6
    March 20th: 209.6 :)
    March 27:
    March 31st:
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need some more accountability! I hope I can do it though, this month is very busy at work, so there's not much time for exercise.

CW 145.2
    GW 140.0

3/4-144.4
    3/11-oops!
    3/18-143.2
    3/25

Thanks! I needed this. :)

143.2! In the right direction!
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    My update after week 3 on March 2012 Challenge:

Weight at start of challenge: 166
    CW: 162
    GW: 161

3/1: 166
    3/7: 165 (-1)
    3/14:163 (-2)
    3/21: 162 (-1)
    3/29:

4 down, 1 to go :wink:

Delighted this morning when I weighed myself to see that I had lost a pound! I wasn't very hopeful as I didn't have a great weekend. I didn't do too badly food wise (and even got a session in in the gym) but I'm afraid that I probably had more drinks than I should have (I blame St. Patrick!)!

Still haven't started the weight training - I'm reading about it though so that is step 1! Maybe next week (or the week afraid) I will take the leap and make a start. I don't know why I am so reluctant to do it especially when I know the benefits it could bring!!!!

I had a few NSV's in the past week (well in the last two days really):
    - I ran my first 10 minute mile (there is no way I would have being able to do that 10 weeks ago!).
    - I ran my fastest 5k time (31 mins 29 seconds)(10 weeks ago it took me 45 minutes to do 5k)
    - I am wearing a pair of trousers today that I bought 2.5 years ago! These trousers never fitted me, they wouldn't even tie on me then (I was out shopping with my 5 month old and in a hurry so grabbed them thinking they would fit as the looked big enough but they were way smaller than they looked), but today they fit! They are a little snug on the hips and the top of my thighs (but not too snug that they are uncomfortable) but they tie on me (something they have never done before). They are also two sizes smaller than the size I was wearing 10 weeks ago!!!!

:smile:
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    My update after week 3 on March 2012 Challenge:

Weight at start of challenge: 166
    CW: 162
    GW: 161

3/1: 166
    3/7: 165 (-1)
    3/14:163 (-2)
    3/21: 162 (-1)
    3/29:

4 down, 1 to go :wink:

Delighted this morning when I weighed myself to see that I had lost a pound! I wasn't very hopeful as I didn't have a great weekend. I didn't do too badly food wise (and even got a session in in the gym) but I'm afraid that I probably had more drinks than I should have (I blame St. Patrick!)!

Still haven't started the weight training - I'm reading about it though so that is step 1! Maybe next week (or the week afraid) I will take the leap and make a start. I don't know why I am so reluctant to do it especially when I know the benefits it could bring!!!!

I had a few NSV's in the past week (well in the last two days really):
    - I ran my first 10 minute mile (there is no way I would have being able to do that 10 weeks ago!).
    - I ran my fastest 5k time (31 mins 29 seconds)(10 weeks ago it took me 45 minutes to do 5k)
    - I am wearing a pair of trousers today that I bought 2.5 years ago! These trousers never fitted me, they wouldn't even tie on me then (I was out shopping with my 5 month old and in a hurry so grabbed them thinking they would fit as the looked big enough but they were way smaller than they looked), but today they fit! They are a little snug on the hips and the top of my thighs (but not too snug that they are uncomfortable) but they tie on me (something they have never done before). They are also two sizes smaller than the size I was wearing 10 weeks ago!!!!

:smile:

Wow, that's fantastic Belle - well done!! I can't wait to get back into my size 14 trousers (UK size, not sure how that translates to US sizes), I'm hoping the kettlebells will help with getting there soon. My waist feels more defined, and my arms too, so it's a start! My weigh in is Saturday morning, but you know when you're being good it's so hard to resist having a sneaky mid-week peek on the scales - but I am trying as I don't weigh in ever more than once a week...

You've achieved so much in 10 weeks - hope I can do the same :-)
  • getthere120
    Options
    CW: 143.5
    GW: 137 by end of March, 132 by end of April, 127 by end of may, 125 by 4th of JULYYYY!

3/7 - 143.5 lbs
    3/14 - 142.0 lbs
    3/21 - 142.0
    3/28
    4/4

bummer. i blame st. patricks day.. better be extra diligent this week. maybe it can be a two pound week.
  • belle_74
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic Belle - well done!! I can't wait to get back into my size 14 trousers (UK size, not sure how that translates to US sizes), I'm hoping the kettlebells will help with getting there soon. My waist feels more defined, and my arms too, so it's a start! My weigh in is Saturday morning, but you know when you're being good it's so hard to resist having a sneaky mid-week peek on the scales - but I am trying as I don't weigh in ever more than once a week...

Thanks! I'm sure you will do just as well as I did. At least you can feel a difference already in your arms and waist - I don't look any more toned than I did 10 weeks ago, just slimmer (if that makes any sense!). Are you still getting a chance to cycle to work? I know what you mean about the sneaky weigh ins. At the beginning I weighed myself everyday but the novelty of that wore off when the numbers weren't moving for a few days in a row. At least when you weigh yourself once a week you don't have to 'deal with' the fluctuations etc.
  • belle_74
    Options
    CW: 143.5
    GW: 137 by end of March, 132 by end of April, 127 by end of may, 125 by 4th of JULYYYY!

3/7 - 143.5 lbs
    3/14 - 142.0 lbs
    3/21 - 142.0
    3/28
    4/4

bummer. i blame st. patricks day.. better be extra diligent this week. maybe it can be a two pound week.

Not to worry, next week will be a good week. St. Patrick really does have a lot to answer for :laugh:
  • belle_74
    Options
    I'm in! I need some more accountability! I hope I can do it though, this month is very busy at work, so there's not much time for exercise.

CW 145.2
    GW 140.0

3/4-144.4
    3/11-oops!
    3/18-143.2
    3/25

Thanks! I needed this. :)

143.2! In the right direction!

Well done! Best of luck next week!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    CW 205.4
    GW: 199.8
    3/2 204.6 (-1)
    3/6 203.6 (-1)
    3/8 202.8 (-0.8)
    3/15 203.6 (+.8)
    3/22 202.0 (-1.6)
    3/30

Total lost: 3.4

Slowest month since I started. Was really hoping to hit One-derland this month. Wait - slowest month since I started in October and I have still lost over 3 pounds? That's amazing!
  • Frannybobs
    Options

Thanks! I'm sure you will do just as well as I did. At least you can feel a difference already in your arms and waist - I don't look any more toned than I did 10 weeks ago, just slimmer (if that makes any sense!). Are you still getting a chance to cycle to work? I know what you mean about the sneaky weigh ins. At the beginning I weighed myself everyday but the novelty of that wore off when the numbers weren't moving for a few days in a row. At least when you weigh yourself once a week you don't have to 'deal with' the fluctuations etc.

That's exactly right! I was going to cycle in today, the weather is beautiful here, sunny and mild (12 deg C), but I forgot to change my alarm clock time so I couldn't. But tomorrow I will be doing, and the fine weather is set to carry on all weekend so may go on a nice long ride over the weekend!

Yep sneaky weigh-ins aren't worth it - it's nice to see a proper change when you do it less frequently :) And I know what you mean about being slimmer - that's good too. I just need to get rid of my bingo wings on my upper arms !!
  • Ptyson4
    Ptyson4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @usbornegal...way to reframe!
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    CW: 246
    GW: 239

3/1 - 246
    3/8 - Unable to post due to hospitalization
    3/15 - Unable to post due to hospitalization
    3/22 - 238.5
    3/29
    3/31
  • belle_74
    Options
    CW: 246
    GW: 239

3/1 - 246
    3/8 - Unable to post due to hospitalization
    3/15 - Unable to post due to hospitalization
    3/22 - 238.5
    3/29
    3/31

Well done! You have past your goal for this month already and you still have a week to go! Hope you are feeling ok now (sorry to hear you were hospitalized).
  • belle_74
    Options

That's exactly right! I was going to cycle in today, the weather is beautiful here, sunny and mild (12 deg C), but I forgot to change my alarm clock time so I couldn't. But tomorrow I will be doing, and the fine weather is set to carry on all weekend so may go on a nice long ride over the weekend!

Yep sneaky weigh-ins aren't worth it - it's nice to see a proper change when you do it less frequently :) And I know what you mean about being slimmer - that's good too. I just need to get rid of my bingo wings on my upper arms !!

Weather is good here too :) Evenings are getting longer as well so hopefully I will be able to hit the roads soon (as opposed to going to the gym). There is no way I would be able to get up earlier so I could cycle to work - I love my bed too much - so I admire you for doing so! Hope you get a chance to get out at the weekend also.

Don't talk to me about bingo wings! Mine drive me insane. Your kettlebell workouts should sort that out for you in no time (I so need to start doing something about mine). Good luck with your weigh-in on Saturday!
  • belle_74
    Options
    CW 205.4
    GW: 199.8
    3/2 204.6 (-1)
    3/6 203.6 (-1)
    3/8 202.8 (-0.8)
    3/15 203.6 (+.8)
    3/22 202.0 (-1.6)
    3/30

Total lost: 3.4

Slowest month since I started. Was really hoping to hit One-derland this month. Wait - slowest month since I started in October and I have still lost over 3 pounds? That's amazing!

3.4 pounds so far (remember there is still a week left :) - it is amazing! You have done so well with your weigh loss so far and a loss is a loss so you are going in the right direction. One-derland will be here before you know it. Keep it up.