• sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi ladies !
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening and Happy March ladies,
    I posted this morning but guess posted in wrong place. I am still doing good. With both food and exercise. We went to the gym again tonight. I have been cooking good healthy meals. I am having a problem with water retention. 4 kids and menopause and I have never retained like this. I have been drinking my water and I dont eat a lot of salt. I think I figured it out. When I was off the wagon I did not drink my water like I should Maybe 3 or 4 glasses a day. For me that is nothing. I think my body felt dehydrated and now that I am drinking it is holding on to the water. Got some natural green tea water pills tonight . Will try for a few days to see if it helps. If not may go to dr to make sure it is nothing else. Well I will be back tomorrow.
    vicki m
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    well I had thai food for dinner, small amount of rice with chicken veg and baby corn and egglpant and chicken. Not sure the calories, but the company was good.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What a day. I had two grandkids this morning while their mama went to school. This is the last semester and then she's graduated! Yay! My livingroom became a huge tent for the 4 yr old and the 9 month old just wanted to be held because he's teething. All in all it was a fine morning. My youngest daughter came over with the newborn grandson and he just laid there and slept of course. :) All of 8 days old now I guess he's allowed to just sleep through the day.

After lunch thought I'd get some errands done and that's when the drama began. I was minding my own business. I had gone to the tailor's to drop off a jacket, went to the post office and bought stamps and on a whim decided to check out some of the spring decor at Hobby Lobby. I was sauntering through the store when they came stampeding down the aisle after me. I dashed around the corner and they were there waiting for me! I literally gasped and said "NO!" quite loudly, at least loud enough that it got the attention of the lady behind me (who was standing there in shock at what was going on). They drug me to the register and forced me to pay and then they literally took me to the ground, pried open my mouth and threw themselves in.... the mini Cadbury creme eggs got me.

and nobody even came to my defense.
    If I would been there I would taking them from you.
    So those little eggs would have been jumping into my mouth.
    Sure glad they only have them once a year.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, dear Ladies,

Just a quick few words:

Lisa: Wow...I am impressed with how you seem to be handling a very difficult situation. Everyone who commented had such good advice...Suz and Janice and Michelle...when you have "been there", your advice means a lot. You are doing the right thing in supporting and loving your Son but not helping further a lifestyle decision you don't agree with. I am thinking of you all:flowerforyou:

DH is driving our friends down the mountain to the airport at 4AM! I picked them up Monday noon, so I think I am getting the best end of this deal! We have had a great time with them, but it will be nice to have a more relaxing day or 2! I am sad they did not get more sunshine, but the snow was great for skiing, so I know they were glad.:happy:

February Goals: I DID log my foods and for that I am glad. I did not lose any weight, but I have kept up my weight training and have gotten in my cardio each day and that has made me feel strong and my clothes fit much better.

March Goals: Continue to log each day, but cut back on wine consumption...this is my life...not a holiday! And continue my weight training, cardio and get back to a more regular yoga practice.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you a healthy March! Kackie:heart:
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Too late (early?) to be able to think and type at the same time. So, I'm just holding my place....until tomorrow...
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Evening, Lovelies!

Today I was grateful for hot shower with no limbs in casts or plastic bags. 32 years ago today I broke my right wrist... for the first time...:ohwell:

Birthday got off to a great start. In addition to some nice surprise (but highly caloric liquid) presents, and a Farmer's Almanac, Joe gave the the best "Dog Yoga" card. The cover is a picture of a white standard poodle, doing Tree Pose. The message starts out "In birthdays, as in life, balance is key..." then inside it says "... Ice cream in one hand, cake in the other, that should do it!!!"

Last night's pre-celebration left me a wee bit weary this morning, but instead of going way over board on food choices, I managed to eat fairly well. Sure needed that Coca Cola, tho' :wink:

Finally the whole line dance class sang Happy Birthday to me, then we danced "Wild wild west" to the Beatle's Happy Birthday song. It was a real hoot.

JipsyJudy hope you make time for sleep too! Though can't imagine how or when...
    pam sounds like you raised some good sons!
    jb, love your MARCHing toward...
    Amanda would LOVE to see the pink leather mini suit pic...:happy:
    SMVQ you are really stepping OUT!
    Barbie your activity levels and goals are amazing and inspiring. What a far way you've come in less than a year!
    Letting go (really) of the need to respond to everyone individually, but please know I read your posts and get so very much from them. Thank you ALL!.
    Hugs,
    animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the AHMOD who WILL be size 10 one day
    March: get down on that mat EVERY day. Average 10K steps/day. Let it be. Really.
    2012: dance more, bark less and CHECK IN!!!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Oh my, so many new faces since I was last posting.

We learned right before Thanksgiving that my dear Mother had Metastatic Cancer. She was diagnosed with breast cancer 36 years ago. Mama had started losing a lot of weight and without going into all the details the Dr recommended a CT scan. It showed cancer in multiple places. As there was nothing to be done we took her home and made her as comfortable as possible. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas with all her family coming in to love on her. After she had a fall we called Hospice in to assist us. Mama died peacefully early in the morning on Valentine's Day. As one of my friends put it: "How wonderful that the love of her life came for her on the day of love".

Well I could write a lot about this but won't do it right now.

Now that I have lots of time for myself I am going to get back to weighing and measuring. I've spent the last 2 weeks getting my exercise going and on Monday I will do the dreaded WI.

I'm glad to be back and will need lots of help & support.

Cindy
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

yesterday was a long day as well, but no packing, lifting or moving of boxes....running around getting the financial side squared away, mail forwarding etc.....today i will ride the bike a min of 30 minutes( will try for more)while listening to the THE THIN COMMANDMENTS....log all my foods, and get back to drinking 10-12 glasses of water(have been slacking of late)....after my workout if need to run errands, plan my meals for the weekend and shop for those.....have a lovely day my dear friends:flowerforyou:

@auntiebk....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!i wish you a fabulous day

@cindy....i am so sorry for you loss, ...it was wonderful to have you mom with for the holidays.....your friends remark so sweet...
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Auntiebk

"Happy Birthday ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ To you... ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you.... ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥..." Happy Birthday ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ God bless you ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ "Happy Birthday ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ To you... ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

:flowerforyou: Cindy
    So sorry for the loss of your mother, but what wonderful, comforting words from your friend! Sounds like you have someone in your life who understands how it feels when joy and sorrow meet. I encourage you to reminisce about her often. If I didn't learn anything else when lost my parents, I learned how healing talking about them can be.

We have a temporary fix on our water well. Ended up driving across town to shower at hubby's moms last night. I have been forbidden to wash more than 1 load of clothes per day until the replacement parts arrive and are installed. Starting to think about what to pack for my roadtrip to VA and back. Layers is gonna be the name of the game... Debating about whether or not to splurge on a new pair of tennies.

We had another dirty windy day yesterday, so this morning's sunshine is beckoning me outdoors. Looks like a great day for walking the girls and/or a bike ride.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    KC - I'm so glad that you are feeling better and congratulations at being so close to your goal weight. You'll get there. Great job!

Lisa - I agree that exercise can be very uplifting. In fact, the reason I started running was in order to get off of anti-depressants I was taking after my husband died. And, it worked. I now take no prescription medications.

Mamacindy81 - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer is such a terrible disease. It does sound like you have a lot of caring friends around and that is important at a time like this. Hang in there.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all. :happy:

I have some UTube videos cued up to play for my students today, happy snappy music to get the day off to a good start. :wink: Gotta keep the joy circulating!

Those of you who get CBC (Canada) or live in BC know that I'll be "working for the union" for three days next week because the teacher's union is taking the strike to a full walkout. :grumble: Sigh. It's a pointless exercise, but perhaps it makes a point. I have told the union organizer that I won't walk the picket line (too much public display for an introvert like me :blushing: ) so they've promised to find me an office job. The last time I was on the union side of a labour dispute was twenty-nine years ago, the great General Strike of all government employees in British Columbia. We were living in the north and it was winter. Maybe that's why I went into management. J'boy is thrilled because for him it's three extra days of school just before spring break.

So, dearies, please be with me in resisting drowning the stress in red wine :explode: Last night I discovered the perfect way to control wine consumption - I bought a 250 ml one-serving bottle of a nice Australian blend and once it was done, I was done, because there's nothing left in my wine cellar. :flowerforyou: Go me!

Have a great day, see you on the weekend side.

Nancy
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :happy:

I'm in a bit of a quandry over what to do about my recipe book (a 3-ring binder) which is crammed and overflowing with handwritten note papers of all sizes, plus stacks of printed recipes from online sites. One idea is to buy a nice new recipe box and a ream of 3x5 or 4x6 index cards, but that would mean I'd have to write each recipe out by hand which I know for certain would take me months to complete. I'd like to think I could get it all done in a weekend, how silly.

I suppose I could type the recipes on cards and use the printer, but printer ink smears and fades. Maybe they sell permanent printer ink. Might have to inquire. A manual typewriter would be handy right about now. I could probably find one at the thrift store. Then I'd have to track down the proper typewriter ribbon. Hate to admit it but handwritten cards are probably the way to go. Ugh. Some of the recipes are long and involved. I just don't want to face this chore, period. :ohwell:

I feel better now getting that out of my system. :laugh:

Happy birthday Barbara, from one AHMOD to another, cheers! :drinker:

Hope everyone has a wunnerful day. Eat less, move more, drink your water and eat your greens. :flowerforyou:

jb
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning, all! I realized that I didn't post goals for March, so I've taken some time to look back and review my progress and set some realistic goals for the month. jb and Suzyq, thank you both so much for taking a positive approach to looking back. I tend to be so negative (I didn't do this, I didn't accomplish that), that your own reviews made me turn that around and reflect on what I DID do and HAVE accomplished since January. So here it is:

PROGRESS REPORT:
    Lost 4.6 lbs since January 1
    Lost 1.4 of those lbs in February
    Exercised more in February than I have in as long as I can remember, and am starting to enjoy it
    Increased water consumption considerably
    Am conscious of what I eat and drink
    Logged food and exercise more days in February than ever before

I completely agree with realpure's comment: "getting healthy is so addictive!"

In setting goals for March (when I will celebrate my 57th birthday), I especiallly appreciate Wanda's perspective:

"Life can be hard and we can only control so much and we cannot control others, so we need to find support and encouragement where we can, offer what we can to others and try to realize what we can change and make an effort (for our own sake) to change what we can about ourselves." With that in mind, here's what I can control:

MARCH GOALS:

1. Buy and use a Fitbit Ultra
    2. Exercise 30 minutes/day
    3. Log food and exercise daily, even weekends
    4. Develop better eating and exercise routines on weekends and when traveling
    5. Measure and count alcohol calories (no more "just a splash")
    6. Honor my February Happiness Project goals: Tame Time (eight better time management goals)
    7. Practice positivity daily!!
    8. Take one yoga class/week

Weight goal: 152

Whew! I am so happy to be part of this group, where I find so much inspiration and support. I am excited about this month and continuing this journey with all of you. Cindy, so sorry to hear about your mom. Pam, what is "the Thin Commandments?" Nancy, love your one-serving bottle of wine idea. Makes me wonder if I could parcel out a full bottle into 4-oz. servings and store then in some kind of container?

Eileen
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So I think this picutres proves that babies are babies. I can't tell the difference between my baby boy Ritter and my beautiful granddaughter Olivia.

upMybabies.jpg

Barbara I hope you had a great birthday.
    Barbie, everyday I walk from the parking lot to my desk I think about you and having that pedometer. I should really start counting all the steps I walk around this place.

Mama Cindy welcome back. I am sorry for you loss but I am sure that you have some peace now and it will good that you can now really focus on taking care of yourself.

Have a great day ladies.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

My body is telling me to take a day off...it's grey and snowing AGAIN so I think I will listen to my body. Need to do some yoga to stretch out these tight parts:huh:

Robin: I adore the photos of your "babies"! How very darling...thanks for posting! (I am with you with the Red Wine evenings...got to get a grip here!)

Cindy: I am glad to hear from you but so sorry for your loss. We are here for you so please check back in often and "vent" when you need to please!:flowerforyou: Sending love and sympathy to you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barbara(auntieBK): Happy, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like such a nice day with some great celebrations. Wishing you a very happy, healthy year:drinker: :drinker:

Wow...some of you have made great progress with your goals...I love to read them and they inspire me to be a bit more focused on some areas. I have done well with my exercise this month AND posting, but have over-indulged with my wine. I have such a Pavlov's Dog Response when I come in from the snow to the fire...red wine has always been the response. Need to substitute some hot tea or... something! :grumble:

Have a great day, all!:heart: Kackie
  • eyewonder2
    Options
    March goals!
    I just joined a week ago so my goals simply for March is to do better as I keep in mind this prayer everyday.
    Serenity Prayer!
    God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference
    Good Luck to All!:smile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends! Just wanted to let you know that I will try to post the birthday list tonight or tomorrow, so if you want to be included, send me a message!

My February Goal report:
    21 days of logging food from 1200-1700 calories and clicking complete diary: I made 24! My average intake was 1479 calories/day.
    21 days of some sort of logged exercise: Just made this one at 21! (Good thing there were 29 days, huh?) Totals: 1172 minutes (19.5 hours) and a whopping 14,840 calories!
    Measure myself: Done, but I never created a place to journal my entries yet.
    Update my profile: Total failure on this one.
    Focus on a motto daily: Did this with my Motto of the Month "Ad astra per aspera!" (to the stars through difficulties)
    Report weekly: Done!

So, overall, pretty good. I am focusing on things that I can control. Still didn't lose any weight, but I can handle that.

March goals, you ask? I'm giving myself a little bit of a break this month, as I will be gone for spring break. I will continue to focus on the same areas, but it remains to be seen just how much of it I will be able to accomplish.

Have a great Friday, my friends!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hurray for Friday!

marcelynh- :laugh: :laugh: those eggs:laugh: :laugh: how dare they!

Lisa- so sorry you are having the problems with your son but hopfully he will see the light soon, in the meantime we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.:heart:

Barbara- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou: enjoy your special day:flowerforyou:

Cindy- Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom, but it sounds like you have great memories:flowerforyou:

Nancy- hearing about your strike reminds me of when my Mom was on strike with her school district, thank goodness Dad was in a different district so he wasn't on strike too, I even have a picture of my Mom walking the picket line with her sign:noway: Hope the dispute is solved quickly.

Robin - What cute babies:love: they both look well loved.

The weekend is upon me...and each Friday I face the test of whether or not I can be disciplined the whole weekend, so far I have failed this year :sad: but as always I will try.

We have our Sons #2, & #3 coming for dinner tomorrow night and I'm hoping to fix something healthy...have already been surfing my cookbooks...hoping for something that everyone will like, that's always the challenge:huh:

#2 Son called yesterday to say that in July he will be promoted to Captain. He's currently with the Army Reserves and once he graduates in May with his master's he will pursue getting back on active duty, in the meantime he's a weekend warrior.

Everyone have a good day, it looks like we have some really good goals for March, let's keep it up. Drink your water:drinker: and keep moving.

Laura80111:smile:
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    finally made it through feb getting closer to spring about time now i walk more and hopefully loose more weight my goal would be to loose 10 mounds this month and to exercise more at least 20 minutes a day...good luck to u all on ur quest to loose weight