Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options
pammye65
pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
I really do not like water, but i know it is good for you and vital for weight loss. But I was wondering...does anyone use the flavor additives, count their tea or coffee as water, or is it best to just drink PLAIN water.....i cant see where it really matters as long as its water. I mean coffee is made with water, tea is made with water......Thanks!

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I drink it :wink:
  • G8torlvr13
    Options
    I don't like water much either. I actually use cranberry juice with no sugar added and I pour about 1/4 cranberry juice and the rest water. It gives it some flavor and makes it easier for me to drink my daily water intake!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an allowance... I just drink whatever I'm thirsty for, which happens to be a lot of water.

Tea and coffee count, as far as I know.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I put a lemon in it. I also count my green tea .. not sure I should, but I do.
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I add lemon wedges and a sliced strawberry....yummy. You know, if you eat LOTS of fruit and veggies you won't need to drink as much water ;)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I add lemon, orange, or lime slices to it. It makes it a little more refreshing.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Coffee is kind of a diuretic. It increases your urine production a bit and causes you to lose water and thus making it easier to be dehydrated. I think plain water is the best. Flavors are nice to stimulate your brain which keeps you from getting too bored with it. That makes it so that drinking water doesn't feel like a "chore" to you.
  • sallyc70
    sallyc70 Posts: 1
    Options
    I drink from water bottles so I can keep track of the "glasses." One bottle = 2 glasses. I also have found that if I don't refrigerate my water, (leave it on the countertop), I can drink it faster. I drink one bottle before I leave for work in the morning and another within an hour of being at work. I drink another at lunch. I do drink a Diet Sunkist in the afternoon. When I get home, I refill a water bottle and drink another one. That makes 8 glasses, but I do usually have another sometime in the evening.
    We have weird tasting water at home, so we also invested in the big 5 gallon bottles from a water service. Costs $15 for 3 of them and they're delivered to the door. Bought a $10 pump from Lowe's Hardware and no problem refilling water bottles. Water service will rent a water cooler for an extra $7 a month, but the pump is just fine... and cheap! Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options

I <3 you. Came to post the same thing :D
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I really do not like water, but i know it is good for you and vital for weight loss. But I was wondering...does anyone use the flavor additives, count their tea or coffee as water, or is it best to just drink PLAIN water.....i cant see where it really matters as long as its water. I mean coffee is made with water, tea is made with water......Thanks!

Not a huge fan of water either, but I make myself drink it (plain). I don't log tea or coffee as water. I may be wrong about this (and if I am feel free to correct me) but i'm pretty sure coffee is a diuretic and therefore has the opposite effect. But like I said, I could be wrong about that. I have noticed that my body seems to crave water more since iv'e been drinking it more. Hope that helps.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Get a refillable water bottle. Take it with you everywhere.
    Keep it next to you while you are working. Put it in your line of vision. Every time you think about it, take a drink.
    Take it with you in the car. When you stop at a light, take a drink.
    Use it during meals. After every few bites, take a drink.
    When you are watching TV, take a drink every commercial.

You will be surprised how quickly it become a habit.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have found it easier to to have ice-water. I'm not really a fan of warm water. Also, one of the biggest things that has helped is a Brita doodad in the fridge that we keep full. It has greatly improved the taste of our tap water.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I bring one 1.5L bottle to work every day. My goal is to drink between 2 and 3 a day. I usually drink 2 and then fill the third one up and drink from it the rest of the night....

One thing that helps me...I don't drink it cold....I drink it room temperature....not as shocking to drink and I can drink it easier.

:)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

I <3 you. Came to post the same thing :D

Its too early in our relationship to be talking about love but I :heart: you too....:bigsmile:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Make yourself drink it, you soon get used to it. If you are like me, you will be drinking over your allowance within a few months.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink it. Through a straw....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow

That's what she said
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    somedays (especially weekends) I struggle with this more than others. I find a water bottle helps, something sippy lol. Also will use crystal light (or similar mix) once a day (usually at lunch) I drink two cups of herbal tea in the morning (so that's 3 already). There's some great suggestions for adding things, another one that's refreshing is cucumber. It'll take a bit to get used to, but you'll get there :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I put chilli in my food!