Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options

Replies

• pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You answered my question.....
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    I hate water!!!! I found if you put water(filtered or faucet) in a pitcher and let it sit in the fridge overnight, it tastes different. I have tried putting fruit in it and the taste good stuff, but I can't seem to like it. I love fridge water.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you.

Add whatever you want. Count whatever you want. If it stops working or doesn't work make a change.

Rinse. Repeat.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I drink it :wink:

I <3 you. Came to post the same thing :D

Its too early in our relationship to be talking about love but I :heart: you too....:bigsmile:

Now that's just #winning. Good job, I actually laughed out loud :P
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    By drinking it. Injecting it might work as well, but I'm scared of needles....
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If your tap water tastes funny, invest in a water filter. We have a refillable dispenser in the fridge. My sister-in-law is a bottled water snob and she was blown away by how good the water was from my dispenser.
    http://www.amazon.com/PUR-Dispenser-Pitcher-Filter-DS-1800Z/dp/B0006MQCA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330611064&sr=8-1

When my bottle gets room temperature, then I take longer, deeper drinks than if it's icy cold.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    By drinking it. Injecting it might work as well, but I'm scared of needles....
    Lol
  • RileeMarie
    RileeMarie Posts: 113
    Options
    i buy the bottled water=16 oz = 2 glasses. drink at least 3 of those a day, and i also have an additive energy powder that i had to my 4th bottle total of 8 glasses per day. for me bottle water is easier, you can take with you and drink on the go.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    true lemon packets
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I drink it :wink:

I <3 you. Came to post the same thing :D

Its too early in our relationship to be talking about love but I :heart: you too....:bigsmile:

Now that's just #winning. Good job, I actually laughed out loud :P

hmmm, not finding the joke :huh: are we getting married or not :sad:

<
    wonders if this could be why I'm single...maybe a little to intense :brokenheart:
  • I have a 32 0z (1/4 of a gallon) water bottle with a straw and a freezer thing on the inside to keep it cold. I do add lemon sometimes. I suck it down!
  • hope516
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow

That's what she said

omg I don't swing this way but NOW I :heart: u...:love:
  • samanthagreen3
    samanthagreen3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I drink tea all day! I drink lady grey or green tea and don't take milk or sugar. As far as i know the water doesn't change into anything else when i put the tea bag in, so i must be drinking water! Tea's got lots of anti-oxidants in too so it's good for you! I'm not a fizzy pop drinker anyway (gives me hicups!) and i am not a fan of fruit juice because of the calories (although i am partial to a cranberry and gin every now and again). When im exercising i drink pure water, but I actually like water. I sometimes have low calorie squash but find it doesn't quench my thirst..maybe the sugar or something?

also another thing i sometimes make is sugar free jelly. I love it! I don't know if I should count it as water intake but i sure don't feel thirsty after a bowl!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I generally use just a little bit of Crystal Light powder. (If you use the whole packet in a bottle like the directions say, I think it tastes NASTY. One packet probably lasts me about 3-4 bottles worth.)

I just drink it plain sometimes, too, but I have a hard time drinking as much as I should that way.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    coffee and tea are both diuretics so you really can't count them you actually have to drink more water when you drink them.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 liter water bottle which is a little over 4 servings, so I know I have to fill it and drink it twice in one day. Fortunately I'm naturally a thirsty person, so I usually don't have any trouble. But if I ever make it to the end of my lunch break and my first bottle isn't empty yet, I just chug. It's not the most fun thing in the world, but it takes all of 30 seconds.

When I get bored of plain water I use Mio or Crystal Light to flavor it. I know, I know, they're full of chemicals. It's not an every-day sort of thing, more like once or twice a week. I will second Eric when he says do not follow the instructions on the box for crystal light. 1 packet in a whole liter of water is pretty good (according to the box you should put 2 in 1 liter, which results in something that will stain your mouth and anything else that it touches, and tastes foul).
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Try Mio. It's really wonderful and it helps me get my water intake each day. I love it and they have lots of really great flavors!
  • scharm84
    scharm84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't drink water much either. I drink a few cups of tea a day and eat a lot of fruit since there's a lot of water in them. Whenever I eat a meal, I make sure I drink water instead of juice or soda.
  • hope516
    Options
    Try Mio. It's really wonderful and it helps me get my water intake each day. I love it and they have lots of really great flavors!

I love those commercials! But I love water so I'm not spending 6 bucks to make my FREE water taste purple :laugh:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to drink water too but I force myself....

Every hour on the hour I chug a cup of water...