Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options

Replies

• blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i am not a big fan of water either. The only way I reach my intake goal is by drinking 1/2 of it in carbonation form and having 2/3 of the allowance completed by noon. If I haven't drank 6 glasses by noon, then most likely I will not drink 8 for the day.
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i add lemon to my water.. and i carry my water every. where. i. go. if i run out while im out, i will stop at a gas station to pick up a bottle of smart water.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    coffee and tea are both diuretics so you really can't count them you actually have to drink more water when you drink them.

No, no, no, no, and no. Coffee and tea are fine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/health/nutrition/04real.html
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow

That's what she said

omg I don't swing this way but NOW I :heart: u...:love:

You can't pss up a good "that's what she said" moment. :happy: :heart:
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    Really hated it , and quite honestly apart from a few sips whilst dancing never had it unless in tea but since starting on here 7 days ago ive tried to make an effort and effort it was too, but now, drink 2 glasses every morning and whenever im back and fore into kitchen have another till I reach the 8, now to be honest I dont enjoy but dont hate it either and have been having my 8. Must admit a glass of water before eating seems to bring out the flavours moe but dont know if thats just all in my mind lol
  • tmandras
    tmandras Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Get a refillable water bottle. Take it with you everywhere.
    Keep it next to you while you are working. Put it in your line of vision. Every time you think about it, take a drink.
    Take it with you in the car. When you stop at a light, take a drink.
    Use it during meals. After every few bites, take a drink.
    When you are watching TV, take a drink every commercial.

You will be surprised how quickly it become a habit.
    ^ yeah that & for me I find it easier to drink more with a straw so I use those reuseable straw cups (like this: http://www.amazon.com/Trudeau-Cool-24-Ounce-Hydration-Bottle/dp/B002ALLN4O )
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't like water much either. I actually use cranberry juice with no sugar added and I pour about 1/4 cranberry juice and the rest water. It gives it some flavor and makes it easier for me to drink my daily water intake!

That's a great idea! You can also try adding cut up fresh fruit like grapefruit, pineapple, melon, strawberries, or even cucumbers to your water. Try frozen fruit instead of ice cubes. I also make a weak green tea, cool it down and sip it all day long. I have to have something flavoring my water or it's really hard for me to drink enough. When I absolutely need sweetness I use a little flavor additive - usually something with Splenda because that tastes more like sugar to me than the other fake stuff. I don't drink it every day, but if that's what it takes to get you to drink your water and stop sucking down sugar, then go for it! Good luck! :drinker:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I hated water...then I did these things...

I bought a quality water filter. I use Aquasana.

I drink with a straw.

I use fresh lemon as needed.

I use herbal and high quality (low caffeine) teas. The kind you have to strain. I use them very dilute...one tsp for 3-4 cups of water and even then I often re-use the tea leaves. (only re-use if you leave them in the strainer and let them "dry" a but and use within 24 hours...longer than that and they should be tossed)

And last but not least...I gave up all sweetened beverages (even artificial). By just drinking water or only mildly flavored water from the tea or lemon, I found that my taste changed and I didn't need it to be flavored but that took over a month of really doing it.

D
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    out of the bottle

really never understand how people can struggle drinking water but that is just me I think
    I have been drinking sparkling water all my life and never thought about it being disgusting or so it is just natural for me. But don't give me my water and I get cranky. :grumble:

Well but to answer if it helps put some lemon in
  • Marciab79
    Options
    add me. . .i drink water. . .i force myself
  • heymayer
    heymayer Posts: 34 Member
    Options

That's what she said

Beat me to the punch!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

That's what she said

omg I don't swing this way but NOW I :heart: u...:love:

You can't pss up a good "that's what she said" moment. :happy: :heart:

I know!!! Unfortunately I always get them backwards and say thats what he said, when I should have said she and vice a versa...and I totally kill the moment....ALWAYS :sad: ::::kicks the dirt for being such a loser::::::
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My daughter gave me a set of small cups for my birthday and told me they were great for drinking water. She was right! It takes me about 10 seconds to drink one of these, and I just space the cups out throughout the day. Maybe I was thinking before that my regular kitchen glasses were one cup, and they are more like two. I have to drink about half as much water as I thought I did!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love water so I've never had an issue getting all of mine in. I don't even bother to track it since I know I drink enough.

That said in the fall I bought a Soda Stream machine. It carbonates regular water. You can add soda flavoring in but I just drink the plain club soda or add a lemon or lime slice. If you need fizz in your drink I thinks that's a good way to go. And over time it's quite a bit cheaper than buying the litters of club soda in the store.
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    To make sure I get all the water I need I buy bottled water and use a marker to mark the day of the week on the top of each bottle ( 6 for each day---they're bigger ones). Then I know where I stand throughout the day. I also will use fresh lemon or some of the more natural flavored sweeteners.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try making 'Sassy Water', it's a nice alternative to plain water.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4838069_make-sassy-water.html
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    When I first starting doing this, I didn't enjoy water either, so I would buy Crystal Light ilke it was my job. Then I slowly started getting sick of the Crystal Light and found that I enjoyed water by itself even more. Now, I don't even use Crystal Light and I have no issues getting in my 8 cups or more a day.
    Another thing that helps me is that I have a water bottle that I refill all the time and I made sure that the water bottle was 24 ozs. So every time I finish the water in that water bottle, I know that I just drank 3 cups of water.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I crave water all day long. Exercise does that. Once you start drinking it, your body starts to tell you how much you need it, not sweetened, caffeinated, fizzy drinks.
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I want the added flavor I add the crystal light packets to my water. I think its 10 calories for 16 oz.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I drink like 12 glasses a day and I don't mind it at all. But when I'm craving soda I will usually Cut up about 2 oranges, a couple lemons and just a little bit of Lime juice into a large pitcher and let it sit in the water. It gives the water a nice citrus flavor and better than just plain.