Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options

Replies

• Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I get two 8 oz cups when I wake up and two before bedtime. The rest of the 4 is in between. So 8 cups of water daily.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I do like water but "forget" to drink it!

I have a 500ml water bottle on my desk at work and keep filling it up during the day then I remember to drink it and that gives me about 1 to 1.5 litres. I also have 2 or 3 cups of herbal or regular tea. At home I put in a small amount of diluting cordial (no added sugar kind) when I'm having my meals. I'm working at home today and forgetting to drink water,......:drinker:
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i take a bigger smoothie cup and fill it with lemon water. three of those and i am good for the day.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow

That's what she said

DANGIT! I was SO going to post that! :bigsmile:
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 ounce water bottleon my desk. I need ice so I fill it four times a day and get my gallon of water in. Just moved up to a gallon, was drinking 64 ounces a day.
  • jumpingthesnark
    Options
    I've tried the Great Value Wild Strawberry flavor additive in a couple bottles of water. On initial tastes, it's a bit on the tart side, but once I get through those first few drinks, it's not bad. At work, aside from 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning, water is just about all I drink, unless I'm craving a pop. I don't get my daily allowance, but it's a start. If it's ice cold, I can usually handle our town's water. I love Nestle Pure Life bottled water.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My problem is remembering to always track my water intake. Baby steps
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The thing with teas and other drinks of that sort count as a dietretic.

I usually just fill my bottle of water every time its out. But otherwise if im eating out I typically get a water with lemon.
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water used to make me feel sick. I started slowly and now I'm fine. I think my two liters by having a huge glass bottle at my desk at work and setting an alarm on my cellphone at each hour to remind me to drink water. I used to associate being at the computer with eating so now I'm trying to change that to drinking water..
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I never drank water before starting this diet/change/whatever. So it was really hard for me to make the change from soda pop to water. I used crystal light and MiO. I am slowly started adding less and really proabably now I could go without. I also have to have my water ice cold at all times. If it becomes room temp I have to switch it out or add ice. I read once as well that your body burns more calories drinking cold water (not a whole lot!) because it has to work to warm it up. Might be true, who knows! Our town water also sucks really bad so when we go to resturants I like to get lemon to put it my water as well. Anywho, thats what I did!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Out of a reverse osmosis machine. When the decline of civilization happens and life as we know it is over, I will be able to cycle my own urine through a machine to make drinkable water and the rest of you will wish you were cool like me.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I drink strawberry powerade zero and love it. When Im done with the 32 ounce bottle i clean it out fill it with water and let it set in the fridge until the next morning. I drink 2 to 3 of the 32 ounce bottles while im working out. Yep thats 16 to 24 cups of water i drink in an hour. I go to the bathroom alot but its so worth it and i feel great. Also the add in flavors can be counted they are just flavor.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I keep a cup with a straw in it on my desk at work and sip on it all day. It holds 24 oz, so it is easy to keep track of how many ounces I drink. I try to drink at least 3 cupfulls while I am at work, then I have a 32 oz bottle I fill up before I leave that I use when I am at the gym and at home. I like to put lemon, lime, or orange slices in it to flavor it. Plus it gives me a little extra vitamin C. I also like to flavor mine with cucumber slices; that is very refreshing also. And I do count my coffee, tea and any diet sodas I may drink towards my count each day. :drinker:
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I keep a 32oz bottle on my desk at work and fill it up at least twice during the workday. I just constantly sip from it, especially when it's right there in front of me. And it's bright red! Sometime I will add a Propel Zero or a Crystal Light packet, or slices of lemon. I can drink flavored water much more easily. And I don't count anything else I drink as "water".
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Out of a reverse osmosis machine. When the decline of civilization happens and life as we know it is over, I will be able to cycle my own urine through a machine to make drinkable water and the rest of you will wish you were cool like me.

:heart:
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been trying Mio Liquid.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Coffee is kind of a diuretic. It increases your urine production a bit and causes you to lose water and thus making it easier to be dehydrated. I think plain water is the best. Flavors are nice to stimulate your brain which keeps you from getting too bored with it. That makes it so that drinking water doesn't feel like a "chore" to you.

Only if you drink more than 5-7 cups. I've kept track, and I don't use the facilities any more/less with drink 20 ounces of water, 20 ounces of coffee, or 20 ounces of tea.
  • aprileigh27
    Options
    You know whats good is the benefiber powder to put in water they have a delicious flavor cherry pomegranate and they are sugar free. Gives you extra fiber and its low in calories :)
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I put it in my mouth and swallow

That's what she said

^^^^^what I was thinking too.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I didn't like water that much really ever, but just about a week ago I started to stop drinking diet pepsi ( that was like all i drank) and i only drink water and sometimes milk or a juice but I think you should just start drinking plain water after a couple of days you will start to like it. It also helps your skin!! And a easy way to find out how much water you need daily is get your weight, divide it by 2 and thats how many oz you should drink a day. Its always good if you drink a little more though :happy: