March Day by Day Challenge--Open to ALL!!!

Options
pmjsmom
pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today you get a new 24 hours tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, and people come and go. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeting little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong more than 12 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and fairly new to MFP. Been on for a little better than a month now. I am at a point where I feel a bit stuck. So this will help me to just focus on today. I was really easy at first, but now need to push myself to keep these new habits going.

My 3 goals for today are:
    Stay within my calorie limit for the day
    Do at least an hour of cardio today
    Keep a positive attitude all day!

I can do this!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Yesterday was not good for exercise--I still feel crappy--but it wasn't bad for food. I'm taking it easy until I feel better.

Goals for March 1:
    1. Plenty of fluids!
    2. Healthy choices and portion control.
    3. 1 mile walking workout.
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am starting to use mfp more often . I started in 2010 and went from 240lbs to 170lbs but then got stuck there for a long time and then started slacking and I am now up to 181lbs. I am a 28 yr old single mom of two little boys.

My goals for today are:
    1. 32 oz water
    2. eat within calorie limits
    3. at least 30 minutes of exercise
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea. I've been on MFP since last May, but I haven't lost anything since Christmas. I really need to blast through this plateau.

My goals for today are:
    1. I'd like to challenge myself to burn 500 calories during my workout
    2. drink lots of water
    3. go to bed an hour early for extra rest
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I struggle with binge eating. I'll lose a few pounds and then have a bad day of eating. Sometimes those bad days turn into 2 or 3 or 4 days and then I put the pounds I lost back on, plus a few more. I can't seem to go more than 10 days before the cycle starts all over again. I would love to have a month of binge free eating. My goals for today are:

1. Stay within my calories
    2. Think positive thoughts about myself.
    3. Exercise for at least 30 minutes
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    posting to have the link.... I will be back after work tonight. having a rough stressful week. sigh.
  • jessica_johnson2011
    jessica_johnson2011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am sorta new. I have been logging in to mfp for 40 days in a row! :))) I am enjoying the support and encouragement that I get here.

My 3 goals for today are:

1) Stay within my calorie limit for the day (do not go crazy between the hours of 3 p.m - 4:30 p.m. like I usually do!)
    2) Reach my goal of 5000 Nike Fuel (work out at least one hour)
    3) Drink plenty of water (seriously!)

:)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU For keeping this going!! Happy March!

Goals for Wednesday were:
    1 continue with my procrastination list (specifically my bathrub & bathroom.)
    2.get week 2/day 3 of c25k done-rain or shine
    3. stay at calorie goal-NO BINGE EATING TONIGHT

I completed 1 part of one of these goals. That makes the 2nd day of closing my diary under calorie and then eating late night! I will shoot for these same goals just for today.

Goals for Today are:
    1. continue with my procrastination list (specifically my bathrub & bathroom.)
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    Goals for 2/29 were
    1. Drink 10 glasses of water-done
    2. Log all food-done
    3. Swim 2000 yards- done
    4. Work on presentation for homework- no

Goals for 3/1
    1. Drink 10 glasses of water
    2. Log all food
    3. Finish presentation
    4. Start planning meals for next week and possibly go grocery shopping

Rosey- I'm sorry you're not having a good day.
    Pmjsmom- I hope you feel better. I know when I wasn't feeling great last week the only thing that helped was fluids and LOTS of rest.

It's nice to see new people joining us and let's keep up the good work on our goals.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello all Im new to this challenge and think this is just what I need to get motivated again. Im a mother to 3 wonderful boys I want to be strong and confident. Looking forward to this day to day challenge and being accountable for my decisions.

1) stay with in my calorie goal
    2) make healthier food choices
    3) do my zumba on wii

Cheers,
    Christy

ps feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join!!!

My Goals for today:
    1. Drink at least 80 oz of water.
    2. Stay within my calorie goal.
    3. NO eating after 6 pm tonight.
    4. REST... today is a rest day!!!
  • minita
    minita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great idea, day by day. I'm stuck for 5 weeks and it's no surprise I workout and keep an eye on my food from monday to Tuesday, but from Friday to Sunday I eat like a beast, so all the work is not showed in the scale :( When I'm exercising I think it's easier to stop eating because it's painful, when I'm eating I think it's better to exercise because food is delicious. So this challenge is a good idea because I can focus on just one day.

My goal this day is
    1. Leave 500 remaining cals
    2. Drink a lot of water
    3. Exercise

I'm almost done for today.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Okay peps, I did all my goals today ( choose healthier, do my zumba wii and stay with in my calories ) and am feeling great!!! Hope you guys did well today to if not theres always tomorrow cheers
  • tkwilliams67
    tkwilliams67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and this Day by Day Challenge sounds wonderful... I'm having a hard time getting back on track, my weight is up and down with in 10 lbs, I would like to get back on track. My goal for tomorrow 3/2: 1. Exercise. 2. Make healthier food choices and 3: Track everything I eat..
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I met all my goals today. I surpassed my exercise goal today and got in 45 minutes.
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    Goals for 3/1
    1. Drink 10 glasses of water- at 9 now
    2. Log all food- done but over by 42 calories
    3. Finish presentation-DONE :happy:
    4. Start planning meals for next week and possibly go grocery shopping- no
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Met & exceeded all my goals today: Had 229 calories left over, exercised 40 minutes over my goal and chased away the negative thoughts about myself.

Goals for tomorrow are:
    Exercise at least 30 minutes
    Stay within my calories
    No binge eating
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for March 1:
    1. Plenty of fluids!--Yes.
    2. Healthy choices and portion control.--Yes.
    3. 1 mile walking workout.--Yes.

I'm sticking with these goals until I feel better. This is a weird cold, flu, bug--whatever it is. There are times I feel great and then the headache starts again and I start feeling bad. My head is kind of stuffy and I hate this! I don't get sick very often but when I do it's usually a doozy!

Goals for March 2:
    1. Plenty of fluids!
    2. Healthy choices and portion control.
    3. 1 mile walking workout.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Goals for Wednesday were:
    1 continue with my procrastination list (specifically my bathrub & bathroom.)

I completed some items on my procrastination list but not the ones I wrote down here. I will move on & these stale goals will get done when they get done.

Goals for Today are:
    1. take my dog to the vet and it will go successful & all will be well.
    2. get a conversation going with good intentions and enjoy the great results after.
    3. Make peace with my mind, body & soul
  • minita
    minita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Since today I'm feeling just devastated because I didn't lose, I will force myself to:
    1) 42 min cardio
    2) Staying under and at least 200 cals remaining
    3) 7 cups of water
    4) WORK on my business, the stress of not working is stressing me

OK, I've written them, now, let's go and make them happen. Have an excellent day all of you great people.