30 day shred march

Options

Replies

• namomma2
    namomma2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just because I'm curious... has anyone else put ON weight during this program?

I'm following my calorie deficit quite closely (except for one day when I ate maintenance calories) and I've been doing the 30DS pretty much every day but I've actually GAINED weight... I'm a little confused about this one.

Anybody else put on some weight while doing this program? Someone said it's water weight caused by the new muscle tears but I'm not 100% convinced yet...

It could very well be you building muscle, have you taken measurements? This is where you will notice the most significant difference.
  • namomma2
    namomma2 Posts: 5
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 2 today (err...technically yesterday). I'd REALLY love a "buddy". Just to talk about it briefly. Day 2 was significantly easier than Day 1.

What weights do y'all use? I just use the bar from my barbells, and they are 2lbs. Should I up them? My arms are so sore JUST from that! I hope to be able to lift heavier soon.
    I did Level 1 Day 2 yesterday, and yes it was easier! I use 3 lb hand weights, there are some that I could use more and some that I just can't make it through with the weights. Just use what is best for you.
  • Bsloop45
    Bsloop45 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this today, and had a question! How do you guys put this into the exercise portion of MFP?
    Also, has anyone been doing this and running 3-4 times a week? I'm currently running about that much and was wondering if it was doable?

:happy:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Just because I'm curious... has anyone else put ON weight during this program?

I'm following my calorie deficit quite closely (except for one day when I ate maintenance calories) and I've been doing the 30DS pretty much every day but I've actually GAINED weight... I'm a little confused about this one.

Anybody else put on some weight while doing this program? Someone said it's water weight caused by the new muscle tears but I'm not 100% convinced yet...

It could very well be you building muscle, have you taken measurements? This is where you will notice the most significant difference.

I am 15 days in. Took measurements last night and there is no change. Same as when I started! This is really weird to me... I've been doing the workout diligently and watching my calories. *sigh* Ah well! I'll keep on trucking on despite these poor results but it is kind of weird.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did my 20 day measurements and I am down 2 inches. 1 from waist, .5 from thigh, .5 from hips andf down 1lb. So far thats 7.5 inches lost and 6lbs down. Level 2 didnt do as much for me as level 1. Cant wait to measure in on day 30!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 2 delighted with myself. (total day 13) only 17 more to go. I can certainly feel my body changing. Clothes are getting looser. I don't weigh so I don't if I have lost LBS. Plan on moving up to level 3 this weekend.

Enjoy
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    well done everyone I have missed today as I was really really tired bad night last night and went for a 3 mile jog this evening with a friend ,didnt have the energy to do both but I did some ab exercises :)
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this today, and had a question! How do you guys put this into the exercise portion of MFP?
    Also, has anyone been doing this and running 3-4 times a week? I'm currently running about that much and was wondering if it was doable?

:happy:

Hi. I am on day 2 of level 3 today (Day 22 overall). Two weeks ago I started adding 3 days of cardio each week followed by some additional ab work. It is very doable! Good luck!
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So, I've just started Level 3 and stupidly I didn't take photos or loads of measurements at the beginning (just a few basic ones) I really wish I had as now I have nothing to compare to!

Anyway last night I was getting ready to go to bed, wearing a vest top and I happened to yawn and stretch in front of the mirror.

Well...hello arm muscles! Where on earth did you spring from?!

I had no muscle tone there before that I can remember so I called in my OH to get his opinion. His actual words?

"F**king Hell!"

Cue me pratting about posing in front of the mirror talking about "The Gun Show" and prodding said newly-formed muscles to death! :laugh:

Exciting!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    I log as circuit trianing .I think few sdo :)
  • lorim77
    lorim77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Did my 20 day measurements and I am down 2 inches. 1 from waist, .5 from thigh, .5 from hips andf down 1lb. So far thats 7.5 inches lost and 6lbs down. Level 2 didnt do as much for me as level 1. Cant wait to measure in on day 30!!

7.5 inches is amazing! Great job! You must be so excited.. judging from your profile pic you didn't have much weight to lose.. I bet those 7.5 inches just tightened you up and you look bikini ready! Keep up the good work! :happy: :happy:
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just started this 3 days ago, I did level 1 and I didn't even break a sweat with 3lb weights. My HRM said I burned 220 calories. So the next day I just went to level 2, I did sweat a little bit, I used 5lb weights, and my HRM said I burned 260 calories. I am 5'7" and 155lbs and pretty fit. I just mainly want the toning. So last night I didn't get to do it because I didn't have time before going to work, so we'll see how day 2 of level 2 goes.
  • shadena32
    Options
    Hello all, I started the program last sunday! Can't wait to see som results.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    I started on Monday however, I altnerate 3DS + 6 Week Six Pack the next day is No More Trouble Zones. I really glad to have the soreness back that tells me Im working hard.
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    i Will do it later today . i never took measurements but can feel my clothes fitting better Will Def continue after the 30 days Will be part off my weekly routine
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    completed and no moretroubloe zones as well :)
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Finished with Day 14 - almost halfway there. I do zumba 2 to 3 times a week and usually don't do the Shred on those days, due to time restraints. Today though, I did 30 minutes of a zumba dvd plus shred. Burned 450 calories.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    UGH......Okay so on Friday day 22 I pulled a bang muscle in my back. Didnt realize it till a few hours after my workout. So I didnt do it on Saturday or Today :( But today I didnt have to take any meds and it feels good so I will be doing day 23 tomorrow. I was so upset and I think it may have made me retain water cause I am up 3lbs since then. Hopefully since the pain is gone and I am feeling bettter I will see some weigh loss tomorrow. But anyways I didnt fall off the wagon just took 2 rest days and will get back to it tomorrow!!
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Started 2 days ago.. I am happy so far with it.. I also dance and do tredmill also after the routine.. it gives me a burn but I don't feel like it is enough to help me reach my weight goal alone.. Hope you like it
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    UGH......Okay so on Friday day 22 I pulled a bang muscle in my back. Didnt realize it till a few hours after my workout. So I didnt do it on Saturday or Today :( But today I didnt have to take any meds and it feels good so I will be doing day 23 tomorrow. I was so upset and I think it may have made me retain water cause I am up 3lbs since then. Hopefully since the pain is gone and I am feeling bettter I will see some weigh loss tomorrow. But anyways I didnt fall off the wagon just took 2 rest days and will get back to it tomorrow!!

aw hope you are feeling better soon .i too missed a few days but back on with itnow and will prob keep at it well after the 30 days anyway