bump for later
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    BUMP!
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Amazing wealth of information, thank you!!! I agree with the person who said it's atrocious the way MFP sets up newbies. I was one and I bought into the eating less than 1200 calories and it just made me feel like poo. Threads like these are so appreciated, thank you!!!
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • coltrax
    coltrax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • contradel
    contradel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sticky this guys at myfitnesspal. Pill diets or 10 days apple diets does not belong here in my opinion, keep that in the womens magazines. Yea and Euroman aswell.

I also heard it's very important to keep your muscle mass when losing weigh, so eat alot of proteins, I heard that kasein is especially good for this purpose, I don't know if it's true though.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    bump
  • rach2dee
    rach2dee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you practice what you preach? I looked at your food diary and 900 calories doesn't seem appropriate for a guy.
  • KatesBadAss
    KatesBadAss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • klpruitt7
    klpruitt7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • amerrill1
    amerrill1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Informative post. Thanks!
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump for later...
  • WinLee
    WinLee Posts: 27
    Options
    Lots of info......BumP!!
  • kvigo821
    kvigo821 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tlehrmann1019
    Options
    Are the ones that you mentioned from Best Buy better than the one on here from FitBit? I've been using this for about 2 months, and although I have just about reached my goal, I want to be sure that I'm still eating the correct amount of calories after I've reached my limit. I'm in the Army and the exercises on here are not what we do on a daily basis and I have to guestimate on what I think is the closest to what I have done for our morning PT (Physical Training). Any help would be much appreicated. Thanks.
  • tlehrmann1019
    Options
    Also guys it's alot easier to do this than you think.

The hardest part is finding your TDEE which can be found a number of ways. The easiest way is to go to Best Buy or another store, and buy a Bodymedia FIT or a Bodybugg. Wear it every minute of every day (except in the shower) and give it a week or two and then see what your TDEE weekly average was for the 2 weeks you were wearing the device. Then calculate what you should eat daily based on my original post.

Another way of getting TDEE is eat the same amount of calories every day, and weigh yourself once a week on the same day. See if your weight goes up or down each week. Don't weigh yourself every day. Once a week on the same day. The reason for this is water weight will fluctuate your weight levels making you think you're gaining weight when it was just excess water.

Another way of getting TDEE is to use one of the formulas on the first page of this thread that I posted. One of them requires you to know your bodyfat% but it's pretty accurate once you find that out.

There's alot of different ways of obtaining TDEE. Some are free, some cost. Some are more accurate than others, etc.

I forgot to include the original post. Please see my previous post. Thanks.