Friends Who Actually Comment!

Options

Replies

• melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I am active commenting on my friends' pages and I actually view their diaries if it's open... I keep my list short so I can do this.

So feel free to add me if you're supportive in return!
  • jacalou
    jacalou Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me! I feel the same way! Weekends are harder because i've got two munchkins and I don't always get to log in... but the weekdays I am regularly available. :smile:
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I have quite a few friends but only a select handful actually comment and I appreciate EVERY WORD THEY OFFER ME! You ALL know who you are! <smiles big>

I try to comment on anyone's update that I catch just so that they feel the accomplishment because for me, that helps me through so as I try to live by every day..."Do unto others how I would have them do unto me..."

Have a great day everyone and keep up ALL THAT HARD WORK!

Jennifer
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Same. I can only list a handful of people who post and comment things. The rest however I've never heard from!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I do my best to go around and encourage people and only have 2-3 people that really seem to follow me on MFP out of 13 friends. I am thinking of going around and deleting a few people soon. Friend me if you would like to..would like to have a friend that offers encouragement.
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have 45 friends and spend like an hour a day just cheering them all on.

good on you! people like you make me happy :) keep it up i wont stop cheering either! :D
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Oh, I definitely agree! That is what this site is for...is support and encourage along with motivate others. I try my best to make a comment to my friends list...even if they don't comment me.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else but I feel like only 10% of the people on my friends list comment on my updates regularly (I only have a couple a day which are all health and fitness related).

This is why I am very selective about who my friends are.
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me.. IM always looking for new friends! Like said before.. I have alot of friends on here but maybe 3 or 4 who actually comment, and suppore. I'm into supporting! It's the only way to make this work!!! Also looking for good advise, and jus good conversations about everyday things!!! :drinker: Add a quick message when adding, so I know where it came from!
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I completely understand, I recently cleared out all but about 5 people on my friends list and posted a topic about having more supportive friends. I've since been inundated with support - - - so much so I'm worried I won't be able to keep up (what a hypocrite I'll be then;)

Anyway, I got sick of unsupportive friends too so I'm sure you'll have loads of support after this post!:)

Good luck xx
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    I'm an active user, please feel free to add me, and that's open to all, the more MFPals the better I say :)
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have 45 friends and spend like an hour a day just cheering them all on.

Me too and then once a month I get soft and add more friends and then begin feeling overwhelmed - it's a vicisious but lovely circle. I only ADD Friends if #1 they let me know why they want to be added, #2 they are fitness focused and don't use this board for anything but fitness, #3 they have a profile picture and have completed their profiles (users who have neither of these don't engender my trust or deserve my daily time).
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    I do my best to comment to everyone all day now usually after 5pm and on weekends not as much. I do notice that people except a small few will only comment and I have a lot of friends on my list so if you want you can add me.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Well I truly value the 10% of my friends that comment daily or regularly. They keep me going!
  • MrUgly
    MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I try to comment, but I suffer from performance anxiety. I see something and I post an 'Excellent' or a 'Good job'. to let them know I read their update, but I'm not overly chatty. I feel sort of like a 'Me too'er'. Add that I get busy at work and forget to check.

I do try though.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I try to check in and support my MFP friends several times a day.. Even the ones who don't comment that's fine because we all do things differently.
  • Lacole216
    Lacole216 Posts: 97
    Options
    well stated! :smile:
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I try to comment on all of my MFP friends but some of them do not show up on my wall. I post a motivational quote every day and most of them comment, by doing this I know I am helping them to stay motivated and that makes me feel motivated.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't have many friends and although I try to comment as much as I can I only have a ocuple that comment to my posts... Feel free to add me and I will cheer you on!
  • Weighting4Happiness
    Options
    I look at every single diary before commenting. And if they have their diary private, I suggest they open it so the rest of us can maybe get some new healthy ideas for ourselves or find some things we too should avoid. We are here to help one another afterall, and if we don't know exactly what you are doing to lose your weight, it doesn't really help, lol. But I try to be encouraging nonetheless. Taking time to comment, means you care! So try to take some time. A little encouragement goes a long way. Some of us really take peoples comments to heart and it gives us the motivation to push even harder! Alot of people on here I consider my hero... they are literally saving me from myself and my bad habits, keeping me on track. Basically saving my life by helping me lose my weight! I LOVE this site!