Friends Who Actually Comment!

Options

Replies

• suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is what I have committed to do for my friends on MFP.

1. Be honest. Yes even about the ugly stuff.

2. Be available at least for an hour a day.

3. Comment on their achievements with a personal take and a motivational remark. (usually aim to make them laugh)

4. Go through my MVP email list and if I haven't heard from somebody in a couple days, send them a note.

5. Review their food diary and make suggestions if they ask for them. Or at least be ready to if they hit a snag.

This is me too! I have been known to be hard core honest but sometimes tough love is what is needed. I am self motivated for the most part and need no cheering section but there are the occasional posts where I need suggestions and advice and it bothers me when I get no feedback.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 friends. none comment right now at all
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I actually get a little annoyed with the people who say "wtg!" every time I walk the dogs or bike down the street to work. I'll cheer someone on for a major workout, or for great food choices in their diary, but I don't like meaningless comments.

Also agree with this. I'm someone that actually LOOKS at someone's food diary, so you'll never see me encouraging a 600 calorie day (if it's a habit of that particular person I delete them - to each their own, but I'd rather have like-minded individuals on my list...just sayin'). I think too many people just add the 'wtg' or whatever without actually looking :noway:
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do as much as I can too....and I do look at the diaries....Gives me some good ideas for food choices too. When I have extra time...I even get to read the boards!!! But I have some really wonderful and helpful friends too.
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this, but a lot of you seem like very good friends to have! Its always nice to have some one to talk to, ask a question to, lean on, and encourage you!! What a great support system this is. I am soooo happy to have been told about this site. Thanks to all of you.
  • Fitgirlrocks
    Fitgirlrocks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have no intention of basing my motivation on someone else's opinion, encouragment or lack of encouragement.

I appreciate encouragement as much as the next person. If I can't make a comment that is genuine and sincere, I problaby won't comment at all. There is enough noise in the world without me adding nonvaluable feedback.:wink:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I actually get a little annoyed with the people who say "wtg!" every time I walk the dogs or bike down the street to work. I'll cheer someone on for a major workout, or for great food choices in their diary, but I don't like meaningless comments.

wow! Its called SUPPORT. Even if the effort is minimal its being recognized! Lighten up Frances :laugh:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

wow! Its called SUPPORT. Even if the effort is minimal its being recognized! Lighten up Frances :laugh:

Well, I'm going to walk the dogs or go to work every day regardless, so I'm not sure why people think I need to be praised for doing these things. Some might argue that I shouldn't log those activities at all, but I like to keep track of them.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    AttentionWhore-poster.jpg
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I always try to add some positive comments. If you've not had enough requests already then feel free to add me! :o)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

Well, I'm going to walk the dogs or go to work every day regardless, so I'm not sure why people think I need to be praised for doing these things. Some might argue that I shouldn't log those activities at all, but I like to keep track of them.

well if you track it as "exercise" friends are going to comment. That's what they are there for....
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I try to hit a few different people a day but with 2 kids under 4, full time job and full time student, my spare time is a little scarce if I want sleep. I also try to comment on big milestones or when someone is down.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I like the feedback but dont sweat it if I dont get it. I do my best to keep up with everyone but as I add more people it is getting harder to catch all of the things I should so some do fall through the cracks. I just do my best and hope my fellow MFPers are doing the same thing..
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

well if you track it as "exercise" friends are going to comment. That's what they are there for....

My point exactly. Some people comment on everything that MFP broadcasts and don't take the time to consider whether it's noteworthy or not.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

My point exactly. Some people comment on everything that MFP broadcasts and don't take the time to consider whether it's noteworthy or not.

sounds like you don't know your friends well or they don't know you well. This is why I keep a relatively small group of friends.
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    Maybe they are busy exercising, working, or just trying to make it through their day? Best way to have a friend is be one yourself.

I don't comment often (who has the time?) but I do give feedback when someone asks a question or shares something ( a recipe, a setback, a success).
  • tanya2163
    tanya2163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only have a handful of friends & most comment at least once a week......I do log on every day & do my best to encourage all those who have logged on too. Feel free to add me xx
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree too!! It helps when you have people cheering you on instead of just people on your friends list
  • ami321
    ami321 Posts: 4
    Options
    i love my friends and I am glad to have them but I get up at 4:30a.m between work and school i dont get home till almost 9 some nights.... it is impossible for me to comment everyday but i do make the efforts on the weekend
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Would love to cheer you on and encourage you! I enjoy posting inspirational and motivational quotes in the morning for friends that need a good pick me up and get me going!

Please feel free to add me! My diary is open and available to friends and I appreciate if yours is too so that I can congratulate you properly on a good log day. :happy:

Thank you so much!
    SLB