Ladies? Does Size Matter?

Options

Replies

• justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well as for weight, I don't really care as long as he can lift me, it's all good! ;)

Height on the other hand...It's just weird for me to think of being with someone shorter! I'm already a shorty, so I don't think that will ever be a problem!
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If I found a boy naturally shorter than me and who weighed less than me, I'd be highly surprised. I tend to find shorter guys more attractive anyway.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Women of this board, I have 2 questions that I want answered, please. :)

1. Would you date/marry a guy who weighed less than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in size you would go/allow?
    I've never been that insecure about my weight to let that bother me - that being said, I'm pretty short and petite, so this has never been an issue for me. Granted, I still have a few pounds to lose, but it's not to the point where the men I've dated have been smaller than me. But no - this would probably not be an issue for me.

2. Would you date/marry a guy who was shorter than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in height you would go/allow?
    I'm 5'1". My husband is 6'2". It's hard to find a guy shorter than me ;) I've never dated anyone shorter than me - because I've never seen a guy shorter than me, aside from middle school! Haha!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    1. No... unless he was Adam Levine...then yes!

2. I would never date anyone shorter than me. I'm 5 feet tall and I'm not into midgets. :tongue:
  • smlthrdrose
    Options
    Although I'd never break up with someone over a height/weight issue, it bugs me that my hubby weighs less than i do. especially since he's taller than me. it's one of those little things that gets me really irked! but i love him for who he is, so i try not to take it out on him. but it does bug me, because it makes me feel so so so overweight.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    1. My hubs is about 40lbs less than me. But I like to carry him around like a baby, put a diaper on him and all. So it works.
    2. He's also about 3 inches shorter than me. I never used to go for shorter guys though.

LOL!

In answer to the question--Yes, I would. As an adult, at least. The older I get, the more I appreciate that feeling of easy friendship and a sense of 'belonging' I get with certain people. That trumps all else in determining who I like spending my time with, romantically and platonically.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    What a world we'd live in if the actual quality of a person mattered more than their height, weight, and other social pressures.
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would... thats not really what matters in the long run.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    My BF currently weighs between 135-140, depending on what He had for dinner the night before, and I'm no where near that, but it works for us.

And, I do not date short guys. BF is 5'10".

: ))
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    My husband it taller (just by a little) and weighs more, all guys i have seriously dated have been taller and weighed more (heck, until i was out of highschool I had never dated someone under 6 foot or 220 lbs.)

It wasn't that i was against dating someone smaller but the few guys I went out with who were smaller than me made me feel HUGE even though they weren't tiny. I plan on sticking with my husband, but if i weren't with him I think the guy would have to at least be bigger than me in one fashion or the other. Beings smaller all together just doesn't cut it!
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1. Would you date/marry a guy who weighed less than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in size you would go/allow?

Although we are divorcing, my husband is 170 right now 9% body fat (trying to get to 7%) at 5'10, I am 190 (2 months post partum) with a lot more body fat %, I am 5'8. I would not date/marry a guy that was skin and bones simply because I dont find that attractive. I don't mind if a guy weighs less than me, I wouldnt prefer it, but someone has to have the babies, I drew the short straw. I dont prefer a guy who has no 'meat' on the flip side, I am a little more considerate of dating someone who is heavier, but that to, in moderation. If there is one thing I realized being active duty army was looks are deceiving. You would see some 300 lb guy that looked 'fat' be able to out do a 180 lb guy who looked ripped repeatedly. I look for that, if someone can't help be a protector for my family, my kids, I find fault in that. "Act the part, not look the part" so to speak. :)

2. Would you date/marry a guy who was shorter than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in height you would go/allow?
    Ehhhh...I haven't used it as a no-go, I tried once, didn't feel right with him, my ex was 5'7-5'8 so we were the same height, but I mean it wasnt like I didnt think about it, but no one is perfect, if someone finds their 'perfect to the T' person out there, they should be lucky, because to me you take the good qualities with the bad. If you love brown eyes and tall guys and end up with a brown eyed short guy, so be it LOL. I don't think I would go any less than a couple inches shorter than me, but considering I dont make a point to look for shorter guys, I doubt I will ever end up with one, but you never know. On the flip side I dont want some 6'7 dude either lol. Goes both ways for me.
  • Kristy0728
    Options
    1. My husband weighed less than me for a long time. Didnt change anything... I have only weighed less than him the last couple of years.

2. I am only 5'5, I could not date someone shorter than me... but hubby is only 5'8 - not considered tall for a man.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No to both questions......I just can't be with a man that I feel like I need to protect him lol
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    FOR THE RECORD:

I did go on a date with a volleyball player in college who was 6'6" and I was 5'2" (still growing when I was 18) at the time. She was the first girl I made out with and I knew then I was WAY outta my league! She bruised my hips and we didn't even have sex! I felt like a rag doll and let's just say we only made out one other time after that. :P
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    What a world we'd live in if the actual quality of a person mattered more than their height, weight, and other social pressures.

Quality, no. But attraction plays a huge role in a relationship.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1.totally i have married
    2.he is the same height as me but i wear heals and hes not! so yep! :blushing:

love is love! it's on the inside dude!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    1) Yes I would... I suppose. I don't ask guys what they weigh when I'm dating them. The last guy I dated apparently was 20-30 lbs more, 6'. The new guy I'm dating now is actually lighter than me :grumble: about 10lbs and he's 6'2. He's a lean one!! It doesn't bother me that much.. now I probably wouldn't date a guy that weighed 50lbs less than me.

2) I'm a tall girl at 5'9. I prefer guys that are at least 6ft that way I can wear heels comfortably w/o feeling like a giant. I did date a guy that was around 5'6 or so and though I was into him, I wasn't into his height.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    FOR THE RECORD:

I did go on a date with a volleyball player in college who was 6'6" and I was 5'2" (still growing when I was 18) at the time. She was the first girl I made out with and I knew then I was WAY outta my league! She bruised my hips and we didn't even have sex! I felt like a rag doll and let's just say we only made out one other time after that. :P

Yowzas!! Bruised hips huh? I've had bruised shoulders but not my hips lol.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. no because he'd be like 90lbs and thats just not normal!
    2. no because i want to be able to wear heels and not make him feel like a shorty pie.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options

I did date guys who weighed less than I did, it bothered me, but not enough to not date them- just wouldn't let them pick me up! As far as discrepancy in size-I wouldn't want them to weigh any less than I do now.

Here is the thing about shortness- I am on the taller side (5'7) I didn't have an issue dating shorter guys, as long as they were confident. I have found that the men I have been around that are shorter, always make a big deal about my height, and that is a turn off. I don't want to be with someone whose not confident in themselves. I also tend to be attracted to larger, taller men... around 6'5 or so :)