Ladies? Does Size Matter?

Options

Replies

• TruckerChick
    Options
    My first husband weighed about 100 pounds less than me, and to be perfectly honest, I was flattered that he overlooked my weight issues and was proud to be seen with him. Made me feel human. He was a couple of inches taller than me, tho. Unfortunately, he didn't work out in the end and husband #2 is 6'2" and weighs more than me. I'm finding I like that a lot better. I have dated men shorter than me, but I have found that I like taller men because it works better in the bedroom, since he has to work around my weight, if that makes sense. (I'm 5'5", btw)

I think it's more a preferential thing and what you're attracted to and what you are willing to overlook if everything else about him is compatible.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I can barbell hip thrust 255, 2 sets of 10 reps

#ain'tscaredofnoneofyall

So what you're saying is, you're 5'7"?

whats wrong with 5ft7
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yes to both. I have only recently gotten lighter than my hubby and he'smand inch shorter than me.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1.Would I date a guy who weighed less than me? Yes I am currently married to a wonderful man who currently weighs less than I do it is hard to fix food when one has the metabolism of a teenager and me who has a metabolism of nothing. But we mange and I love him very dearly. The biggest thing is trying to fix food for us he likes junk I need clean healthy food.

2.Yes I date or marry someone short than me. Height has never been an issues

To be honest as long as he and I hit it off and have things in common and we like having fun together that is all that matters. I have male friends that I have dated before as well that we are still friends we were better off as friends then being together. But it wasn’t because of height or weight issues that are for sure.

I have dated guys who have been shorter than me I am 5’5” so it doesn’t take much to be taller than me. When in high school two of the guys I dated were short then me by 3 inches. Later in life I have dated guys who were both taller and short with the tallest guy being 7’1” weight wise all the guys I have dated have been either tall or lanky build, heavy build, or muscle bound. So to me it never did really matter. What mattered to me was what they could say
  • KarenGee1978
    Options
    My husband is about 10 pounds lighter then me and anout 4 inches shorter then me it great his head is in the right place when we hug. I love that he is smaller then me. I even wear heels around him weight and tallness do not matter its how you feel about the guy when he holds you and you kiss him. If the sparks are there go for it I DID and I couldn't be happier. :heart: :love:
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to short, slightly pudgy nerdy guys. So what does that tell you. In all honesty I am 5'4'' with shoes. I hate dating someone that towers over me. My parents are 5'11'' and 6 foot. Dating someone so much taller then myself makes me feel small and child like and I hate it.
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    I think to most people it does matter. To some, not so much. I prefer a man taller and weighing more than me because it makes me feel more protected. I would feel weird if I was bigger in any way. Like if something happened I would have the step up and be the man because I would have to protect him.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    1. Would you date/marry a guy who weighed less than you?

2. Would you date/marry a guy who was shorter than you?

The answer to both questions is probably no. I say "probably" because I'm a very small person, and I have never even met a grown man who weighs less than I do or is shorter than I am. If I ever did, I likely wouldn't marry him, simply because I'd feel like I were with a kid and not a man.

The shortest guy I've ever dated was 5'5, and he was still 4 inches taller than I am, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this question.
  • LibLiu82
    LibLiu82 Posts: 17
    Options
    This thread cracks me up LOL. :laugh:

My husband is about 20 pounds lighter than me I think, maybe more and he is also an inch shorter. I notice a lot of women saying that they would date a smaller guy as long as he can pick them up. Personally I HATE being picked up. I went out on a date with a guy once and he thought it would be cute to pick me up and put me on his shoulder. The whole thing freaked me out so much I never talked to him again EVER. (He didn't ask before he did it either, which was what made it creepy).

I have been married 7 years and neither of us have ever had a problem with each other physically. It doesn't bother him in the least bit. I think if he had some kind of complex that would make it hard. I had a female friend who dated a guy who was just a tad bit shorter than her and he absolutely forbid her to wear shoes with a heel. Now ... Momma don't play that! It really shouldn't matter what a person's size is. Once you get married you realize that marriage is so much more than just whats on the outside (or at least I hope one would realize that).

But I admit that I can relate to this woman you talk about in the original post. In middle school I turned down a guy for a date because of peer pressure and I felt horrible about it afterward. He was smaller than me (which is common in that middle school age). I was quite the ugly duckling too, so I don't know why on Earth I was being so choosy lol. I didn't get another date request until 4 years later. Oh well though. It all worked out in the end. :wink:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" LOL.... There are rarely men shorter than I am.... I never dated anyone smaller than me... not on purpose, I don't suppose... There just aren't a lot of men that fit that description :laugh:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I would, though I really couldn't put a number to either of those factors, since it would be entirely individual, based on the person.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    If I didn't date men that weighed less than I do, I'd never date! I think the real question is, if you are bigger would you date... I've dated some gargantuan men, 6'7" or taller, over 300 lbs, but technically I still weighed more than them, even if they looked bigger than me overall.

Honestly, when it comes to partners, I am more attracted to men around my height or taller (I'm 6'1") but the pickings are slim for that most of the time. That is especially true when short women snag the tall guys... HUGE pet peeve lol Anyway, my dating height range has been from about 5'6" to 6'11" so I guess in essence, it doesn't matter to me either...

Ultimately, when I'm dating, I pay more attention to how the man treats me than if he's "big enough" for me. Granted, I don't like thinking I will break or crush someone, so I'm not usually into the rail thin type, but overall, it doesn't matter to me. I do hate smaller guys that have a "fetish" for bigger women, who are vocal and say things like "Oh God it's so hot that if you sat in my lap, I would disappear!"

I think it's all about attitude. If you're a bigger woman, you already know this and get down on yourself about it at times, so you want to be with someone that doesn't make a big issue out of your size, just loves you for who you are.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    any man lighter than me would probably be unhealthy (108), so no...

likewise, it is rare to find a man shorter than me (5'2"), so it has never happened in my lifetime, but I would not be OPPOSED if I met a great guy that was only 5'1" for example...

I guess I would date anyone 5'0" to 6'4", and 120-280, as long as they were height/weight proportionate, and not unhealthy.

That said, if you are a *kitten*, it doesn't matter how perfect you look, you aren't getting any of my time. Conversely, if you are the most awesome, sweetest, funniest guy I have ever met, all those numbers I just quoted may fly out the window....

^ This is why you are awesome Robin.

I have to kind of chuckle how in the post feminist era the majority of ladies on these threads say they want to feel diminutive and protected alongside a man.
    Honestly am not sure this is a good thing or a bit sad.
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. No, that's simply because I'm statistically underweight at the moment.

2. I haven't dated anyone shorter, I just like tall men. :) For me it's important to be with someone who makes me feel protected and I love it when men are taller than me even when I'm wearing high heels.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is taller than me, but weighed less than me last year. Of course, it was because I was overweight. Now I'm less than him! (Yaay).

I haven't dated anyone shorter, but I think it's because I'm already ridiculously short, it's very hard to find people that are shorter than 5'1". Haha.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    1. Yes. I weight a bit more than my husband when we got married. I weighed WAY more when I was pregnant. Now, I weigh less, it is not an issue.

2. No, I am 5'8" and I have insecurities about my own height, so I like how a tall guy makes me feel more petite.
  • britneybarnard
    britneybarnard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yes and yes

I love me some skinny guys. I usually dont catch them. But i have a thing for it. currently my boyfriend weighs the exact same as me. and is 6'2. I have dated shorter boys before. Im not picky about height. all i ask is for your hair to be past your shoulders. mmm mmm mmm.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    any man lighter than me would probably be unhealthy (108), so no...

likewise, it is rare to find a man shorter than me (5'2"), so it has never happened in my lifetime, but I would not be OPPOSED if I met a great guy that was only 5'1" for example...

I guess I would date anyone 5'0" to 6'4", and 120-280, as long as they were height/weight proportionate, and not unhealthy.

That said, if you are a *kitten*, it doesn't matter how perfect you look, you aren't getting any of my time. Conversely, if you are the most awesome, sweetest, funniest guy I have ever met, all those numbers I just quoted may fly out the window....

^ This is why you are awesome Robin.

I have to kind of chuckle how in the post feminist era the majority of ladies on these threads say they want to feel diminutive and protected alongside a man.
    Honestly am not sure this is a good thing or a bit sad.

To me a guy should be able to protect his home as much as the female. In our house the kids are the only ones who need focused on protection wise, I would prefer having a guy who could do it as well as me, if you would not be willing to throw down if you needed to to keep my kids safe, I dont care how ripped you are or how sweet, protecting your family is important to me, but I dont think it should just be a mans job, nor would I want to 'feel' protected and know Im really not LOL. Size should never be used as a comfort in protection level, false security sometimes.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I like them at least my height or taller and as for weight umm it's not that big a deal i wouldn't want some one way bigger or way smaller but it wouldn't matter if they weighed more or less
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The only guy I ever dated that was on the short side and skinny was probably still taller and heavier than me when we dated b/c I was like 100 pounds and 5'-2". He was about 5'-6". Anyhow prior to him I don't think I ever dated anyone shorter than 5'-10" and since I was so small I never weighed more than them.

Fast forward to marriage, my husband is 5'-10" and is losing weight, but is currently in the low 200's. Even at the highest weight of my pregnancy I was still less than him!