Ladies? Does Size Matter?

Options

Replies

• Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could date someone shorter than me, but I've also never met someone shorter than me (I'm 5'2'') lol As for weight..I don't know. I'd have a hard time being larger than my guy simply because I'd be self-conscious, but it's not a deal breaker per say. I think my issue would fall into extremes..nobody EXTREMELY larger or smaller would work for me.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've never dated anyone who weighed less than me or was shorter than me. Most of my ex's were close to or over 6' tall and all outweighed me by at least 50 lbs. My husband is a foot taller than me (he's 6'1") and outweighs me by 70 lbs.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I would date a man who weighed less than me. ( I think )

I probably would not date a guy much shorter than me... An inch or two, at best.

My ideal guy is not a skinny short guy though. I honestly prefer men with some substance ( tall, thick build )
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1. Would you date/marry a guy who weighed less than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in size you would go/allow?

I would if he was less than 15 pounds lighter than me. I have titties. He doesn't. shrug

2. Would you date/marry a guy who was shorter than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in height you would go/allow?

twitch

i cant

ive tried

i always get blamed for making them feel less manly when I stand up. In heels Im 6'1"
    although once a short guy did tell me that guys are ridiculous if they dont want to date a tall blonde- if they are afraid of heghts, they should date asians- which was, of course, racist and hilarious.

Yes size matters. Im American.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1. Would you date/marry a guy who weighed less than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in size you would go/allow?

Sure! Almost all of the guys I've dated have been very skinny. A few have been chubby, two were built. I never gave their size much thought, except when we sit together and I realize my thighs are like... triple the size of theirs.

2. Would you date/marry a guy who was shorter than you? What would be the biggest discrepancy in height you would go/allow?

I'd date/marry someone shorter than me. The guy I have a crush on now is like 5'8, and I'm 5'10.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I like my men a little on the heavier side and being smaller than me can be a little uncomfy but it can work .. now shorter than me...uuhhhhh I have to be honest and say No sorry cant do it.

I know that sounds shallow but I am being honest.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    I'm looking at an inch...it's so small >
    <

Puff up his hair a little and you got your extra inch.

Stick some oder eaters in his shoes...kill two birds with one stone.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Women of this board, I have 2 questions that I want answered, please. :)

1. Would you date/marry a guy who weighed less than you?
    I am a large framed woman, I have dated men smaller than me, it can make me uncomfortable. I do prefer men larger heavier than me.

What would be the biggest discrepancy in size you would go/allow?
    Its more him than the total amount..

I have dated men shorter but prefer them to be within a couple inches of my height, Im 5'9"
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    1. To me the weight doesn't matter. I'm a super curvy girl, so if the guy is a bit smaller, it's okay with me.

2. Height has never been an issue for me because I am 5'2 and I've never had a midget ask me out. :wink:

With me, it is more about the personality...
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    My ex was about 20ish pounds lighter than me. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but it was still weird sometimes. He was also the same height as me (5'7"). That was more weird for me. It was hard for me to get over, I like taller guys. I'm more physically attracted to them. That being said, these things dont matter as much if I found a guy who made me happy and I was still attracted to him.
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'2...everyone's taller than me so I haven't really had to think about this. My husband is 6'0 and while he does weigh more than me, he's flat stomach and muscle, whereas I have curves so it's a little frustrating that he can eat whatever he wants without gaining much weight and I'm counting calories and working out 3-4 days/week...

Would I date/marry someone who weighs less than me? Yes

Would I date/marry someone shorter than me? No
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately size does matter to me....I don't think I'd like to date a guy that weighs less or is shorter than me.

This is probably only because I am not secure enough in my own skin though. Even though I know it is wrong to limit myself like that!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am completely backwards on this one. My husband is 3 1/2 inches shorter then me and I don't ever wear heals anyways so it hasn't bothered me much. I love to crack the short jokes and he takes them like a champ.

As far as weight goes at my heaviest I was 20 lbs over him and he wasn't skinny... it was awful. Nowadays I'm 30lbs or more less then him while he's gained weight or stayed the same. It makes me feel a lot better personally as I don't mind being taller as that's not something you can change but weight you can!
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. Yes. My fiance is almost underweight.
    2. Probably not. 1 or 2 centimeters - that's OK I guess :)
  • sunkissedbrunettte
    Options
    i've dated guys who weighed less than me. most recently he was 145 and i was 160. he was taller than me so that made it better. i probably woulnd't go any smaller than that though!

i could never date a guy shorter than me (5'5") it's just a huge turnoff!!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    at my heaviest (202) I weighted more than my husband. Now i can happily say he is heavier than i am, But not by much.

I once dated a guy that was 5 in shorter than me. I always felt like i would have to protect him if something went down lol. It just wasn't for me. I'm 5'8" my hubby is 6ft.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'5.5 and my husband is 6'2. I've been lighter, then heavier, now lighter. It's all good.
    When I was dating - I was a fairly equal opportunity dater, although not a great deal of dating experience (19 when I met my husband).
  • MrsShoreThing
    Options
    Well I know I'm late to the game but in my relationship Ia'm abt 80+ lbs heavier than my bf (he is 200, I'm 280ish) and 5 inches shorter (he's 6-1 and I'm 5-8, 6-0 and 5-7 without shoes lol). With that said though, I've dated as short as 5-4 and as tall as 6-3 and guys as low as 120, and as high as 360. So for me size does NOT matter. Make me laugh and you're gold. (:
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 160lbs with a six pack and very little fat. I'm 200lbs, and very very chubby. I've never been happier. It has nothing to do with looks either, he could be 260lbs and 5ft, but if he treated me the way he does now, I'd still be on cloud 9 <3