my very secret goal...what's yours

Options
Ok so i'm 45, 221.5lbs, well when i started and i would love, love love to suprise my Son with going on a run with him. He has been a x-country runner for 9 years, since he was in 7th grade. Some day when he comes home or we go visit him at what ever base he is at i would love to say....hey want to go on a little run? It would make him so proud. That is my secret goal I have never told anyone

Care to shar your secret?

Replies

• lulalee
    lulalee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that Sue, he will be so proud. I'm not sure I really have a secret goal.
  • ejankola
    ejankola Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh my! That brought tears to my eyes!! What a wonderful goal to have. You can do it!

I'm not sure what my secret goal would be.....
  • fishgoddess
    Options
    That's a wonderful goal!!!!

My secret goal is to be able to do the Annual Bridge Walk. Every September people come from miles away to walk across the Mackinaw bridge. I'm disabled and my chances of actually doing it are pretty slim, but I can still dream, right?
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love your goal.

My secret motivation is I want to run a 5K that is organized in honor of my uncle. This is the year that I make it really happen.
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My very secret goal - to run the Chicago Marathon. I've watched it a ton of times, would love to participate!
  • kraz4fun
    kraz4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The past 3 weeks have been especially tough for me. I have completely jumped off the wagon and filled my body with junk. I'm back on track now and feeling much better. This morning I booked a vacation in Jamaica for December. My hubby and I never had a real honeymoon - we went skydiving - so my secret goal is to fit into the dress that I wore to our first dance 17 years ago. It just happened to be white and could very easily be a dress to do vow renewals in. Of course I'm not telling anyone this because it's 5 sizes smaller than I am right now..... but it gives me something to work for! He doesn't know I'm planning on doing the vow renewals either. I'm excited to see if he will actually recognize the dress :)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My secret goal - to be able to rock a sleeveless dress like Michelle Obama!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    my secret goal is to buy a bad *kitten* push up bra without having that nasty fat below it.:sad:
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My secret goal is to be able to purchase an item of clothing from a Victoria Secret Catalog.. and know that it will fit perfectly:)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    While most people think that I want to look good for my wedding (and I do) but one of the reasons I want to get fit is because I don't want to be the fat girlfriend (or fiance or wife) in the group! All of my fiance's friends are buff and so are their girlfriends.

I feel like the ugly and odd one out when I hang out with all of them.

So, in a few months when baseball season starts again then i want to show up at one of the games and have everyong going oooh and aaaah....lol

Of course, it also starts and finishes with me... If I feel better about myself then it will shine through I am sure!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Probably to run the London Marathon. I have always wanted to do it, but I don't think it has ever come up in conversation, so I doubt anyone knows.
  • Ericacea
    Ericacea Posts: 45
    Options
    My secret goal is to go back to the UK and steal the love of my life away from his new girlfriend with my rockin' body. Don't worry, I know this is pretty unlikely... but it's nice to dream.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    climb Mt Rainier. I'm not a mountain climber at all or a hiker even, but that is one of those... before I die things.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My secret goal is to get certified to teach kickboxing and/or Zumba.
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm going to start the C25K program soon. My goal is to run a 5K and actually run most of it. Not a terribly lofty goal, but there is an element of surprise to it. My sister-in-law ran the same race with me last year and she is way more fit than I am. She walked when I wanted to and ran at my slow pace, but she joked a lot about leaving me in the dust.

This summer I would like to not tell her I was training for the run and actually surprise her by keeping up or at least setting a more impressive pace. I'll give it my best shot, at least!
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    To shop and thrift stores and buy nothing but designer clothes and have them fit!! I've never been able to do that because I can never fit into anything and I have friends who buy expensive stuff for close to nothing!!
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Gonna sound crazy because fitness is a more easily attainable requirement for this. but one day if i have millions and millions of dollars i want to compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans sports car race.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Pull ups......I soooooo want to be able to master pulls ups. Working on it.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ok so i'm 45, 221.5lbs, well when i started and i would love, love love to suprise my Son with going on a run with him. He has been a x-country runner for 9 years, since he was in 7th grade. Some day when he comes home or we go visit him at what ever base he is at i would love to say....hey want to go on a little run? It would make him so proud. That is my secret goal I have never told anyone

Care to shar your secret?

Heart warming.

Secretly hoping it will rub off on my daughter so we can go for a run togther one day.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OP try the c25k challenge. Im not a runner at all and it worked. You can totally do that. With our sons that is an amazing memory he will have one day. Make it happen...

My goal is to feel hot in lingerie...I want ppl to whisper behind me like they used to do...in a good way.

Oh yeah and I want to tattoo my ribs.

I would secretly complete an iron man Kona, but i think it would have to be after my kids are grown.