What words do you have trouble pronouncing?

Options

Replies

• frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

worcestershire sauce

I can't say that one. And for some reason, "comfortable" always sounds weird when I say it.

My friend is having troubles with the word "proprioception" so that it comes out like "procreation".

My 11-yr. old always says "Aminals" instead of animals, even though I've corrected him and practiced with him.
    Hubby says "death" instead of "deaf", as in "She's death!"
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    any word with alot or Rs in it (murderer)

Then again i am french

hah same like me...though its due to my Boston accent
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Apparently I say certain words with a Trinidadian accent, even though I've been in Canada a long time.

One thing I get confused by, is how some people pronounce "button" ....Um, it almost sounds like "buh-in". Is this common where anyone else is?

(now I'm saying "button" to myself to see how I pronounce it) :blushing:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and spaghetti
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Buccal. I always want to pronounce it b-you-cle, but it's pronounced "buckle". I can pronounce it, it' just that the other pronunciation always comes to mind first.

Also, up until a few week ago, I always thought voluptuous was volumptuous (with an 'm' in the middle). It makes total sense to me, because women with more volume are called voluptuous. I still like my version better.

My boyfriend always says "corky" instead of "quirky, but in insists his version is right too.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time prouncing "I'm wrong", it comes out sounding like "its your fault"
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Apparently I say certain words with a Trinidadian accent, even though I've been in Canada a long time.

One thing I get confused by, is how some people pronounce "button" ....Um, it almost sounds like "buh-in". Is this common where anyone else is?

(now I'm saying "button" to myself to see how I pronounce it) :blushing:

That's how I pronounce button. :) It's common here. I don't consider accent variations to be words I can't pronounce, though.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get my head and mouth around the words revelation (there are times I switch the v and l) and annihilation. And when I say orange juice, it sounds "orance juice". Oh, and pistachios are mistachios...

I'm fine with German. English- I do have to think about a few words. And I was an English teacher in China....
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time prouncing "I'm wrong", it comes out sounding like "its your fault"
    Hahahha
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hanger! ...and I'm a teacher! lol
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    worcestershire sauce

THIS!!!! Haha!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Crayon
  • capabledesire
    Options
    Breakfast...no idea why I can't say this word and everyone makes fun of me. I swear at my funeral everyone will tell their breakfast stories.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My yankee husband seems to get a kick out of it when i say the word ice. Being from Texas we drink alot of tea and I like alot of ice. I ask for more ice and he hears it as I want some more "*kitten*".
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I know its spelled "Willis tower" but I say "Sears tower"
  • shastar
    shastar Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Apocalypse and Kiosk. Also I guess I say vax and fax the same. In the 80's I used to work on a vax computer,. Later when the fax machine was popular, I would pronounce fax the same way I pronounced vax. My husband has been correcting me ever since. I guess I can't hear the difference and you would think the beginning constant would be pronounced the same.
  • spapsidero
    Options
    Me too! My best friend who is from Florida (southern Yankee) makes fun of the way I talk. The one word I say that she really gives me a hard time with is diabetes. She says the way I say it makes it sound like something sexual. Lol. So crazy.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Hahahha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: FOR THE WIN
  • spapsidero
    Options
    I got a Yankee husband too. Know how u feel. Lol.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    acai