Would you cheat?

Options

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Its too easy to just say no I never would because put in certain situations who knows what you would do.

Exactly.

Meet someone who makes you physically tremble just to stand near them, then you'd better be sure you can be strong.
    That's called lust and isn't worth losing love over.
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    The world would be a much duller (though arguably more contented) place without it.
  • LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Never. I've been cheated on before and it's not nice. As has my partner in the past. I could never do it to hom, nor he to me.
    We've had a long discussion about it, at the beginning of our relationship when we were discussing our past experiences, and have both agreed that there's no point! If we're not happy, we'll break up. Why stay together if you're obviously so unhappy that you're seeking out other people!?!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    TBH IMO its far to simple say yes or no. One can be cast adrift with no place to live, no friends etc if they've moved to be with someone and to say just walk away and start again is not as easy in reality as it is to type. Sometimes knowing you've got someone to go to and support you can be the steadying hand you need.

PS - I've never cheated but fully understand why it happens and why it is not black and white
    PPS - IMO there is never the one, just the right person that happens to be around at that moment in your life...
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Its too easy to just say no I never would because put in certain situations who knows what you would do.

Exactly.

Meet someone who makes you physically tremble just to stand near them, then you'd better be sure you can be strong.

While its not worth losing love over, you cannot be absolutley 100% certain that you wouldn't give in to it in an extremely weak moment. We are ALL only human afterall!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never. Yes I can say that with 100% certainty. In the past, I haven't ever cheated either. I would never hurt my husband or disrespect our marriage for a cheap thrill.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know people like to say you never know, but I can honestly say I know for sure I would never cheat. Just not in my DNA. I respect myself and whoever I am with to not do that to someone. It's wrong and its selfish! In my opinion, nothing good comes out of cheating.
  • KarenLue
    KarenLue Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I feel I can honestly say I will never cheat, but I give the credit to my husband. Who, by the way, is cute to me but kind of nerdy. And doesn't have an ounce of muscle on him. But he thinks I'm pretty great and is always attentive to me. Sometimes to the point of driving me crazy!!! lol I use to think I would never cheat because I was so wonderful and morally upright, but it dawned on me one day that I also Had no reason to. He emotionally feeds me. He's here with me all the time.
    If I had a husband who never helped around the house and was off running with his buddies all the time, and had "Wham bam thank you Mame!" sex with me. And then had a co worker, attractive or not, who sincerely paid attention and talked to me it who knows what I would do. I would like to think I wouldn't, but I may not feel like that person deserved for me not to!
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    Not aimed at anyone in particular,

I don't think it's as straightforward as you wouldn't cheat because you get everything you need from your partner. You could meet someone who awakens in you the desire for something you never even knew you wanted. You decide whether or not to act upon that, sometimes you don't feel like you have any choice/control, of course you have free will but the human brain and endocrine systems are complex lol.

Relationships can and do recover long term from infidelity. It takes openess and work but it is possible.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Honestly,uh hell yeah I would cheat! Screw emotional relationships there's no such thing as "Love"!
    Bitter much?

Just because you haven't found love yet - the sort were you put each other above momentary physical pleasure wit someone else - doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've been married almost 19 years, together 22 years. I have never cheated on him. I've had plently of opportunities too. But I love my husband and respect him and our marriage and family far too much to throw it all away over some random guy I barely know. Plus, in this day and age of diseases everywhere why in the world would I ever risk that?? Why would anyone?

Yes, we have the house and cars and kids and joint mutual funds but none of those are why I don't cheat. My husband makes me glow on the inside with a simple look. When I'm lying in bed with him and shift and brush some skin I can't help but give a contented sigh. It's so much more than just sex. And it's worth so much more than sex with someone else. Cheating on my husband would be like selling my kids for a chocolate bar. Yes, the chocolate may be good in the moment but the tradeoff isn't even close to worth it.
    Relationships are messy! Why let someone tie you down? Love is an artificial emotion towards a person. Divorce is very common these days point proven humans cannot stay in a monoganist relationship. Cheating, lying,arguing and backstabbing how can you do that to person you "Love"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread still alive?
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Honestly,uh hell yeah I would cheat! Screw emotional relationships there's no such thing as "Love"!
    Bitter much?

Just because you haven't found love yet - the sort were you put each other above momentary physical pleasure wit someone else - doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've been married almost 19 years, together 22 years. I have never cheated on him. I've had plently of opportunities too. But I love my husband and respect him and our marriage and family far too much to throw it all away over some random guy I barely know. Plus, in this day and age of diseases everywhere why in the world would I ever risk that?? Why would anyone?

Yes, we have the house and cars and kids and joint mutual funds but none of those are why I don't cheat. My husband makes me glow on the inside with a simple look. When I'm lying in bed with him and shift and brush some skin I can't help but give a contented sigh. It's so much more than just sex. And it's worth so much more than sex with someone else. Cheating on my husband would be like selling my kids for a chocolate bar. Yes, the chocolate may be good in the moment but the tradeoff isn't even close to worth it.

AGREED 1000000000000000000000000000000% (:
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    In all honesty it would depend who was offering...

wow..
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread still alive?

Why are half of the crappy threads in Chic-chat still alive?
  • Bahet
    Options

Exactly.

While its not worth losing love over, you cannot be absolutley 100% certain that you wouldn't give in to it in an extremely weak moment. We are ALL only human afterall!
    Yes. I can. Just as I'm absolutely certain that I won't do drugs or rob a bank. I'm equally certain that I won't cheat on my husband. I am 42 years old. I met my husband when I was 19. I was hot back then. I could have cheated on him with a multi millionaire, a model, and a guy who looked like a famous actor. I didn't. Not even when we were just dating. I can absolutely say that I would not throw 19 years of marriage away because someone came along and paid me some attention. We've been through rough spots. He was in Iraq for 14 months while I was home with 2 young children. A few of the neighbors helped me out with fixing a plumbing issue, mowing the lawn, shovelling snow, etc. It never even dawned on me for even a fraction of a second that they might want something more than to help or that I could cheat with them. Being human means you aren't perfect. It doesn't mean you have no ability to have firm morals and values.
  • Bahet
    Options
    Bitter much?

Relationships are messy! Why let someone tie you down? Love is an artificial emotion towards a person. Divorce is very common these days point proven humans cannot stay in a monoganist relationship. Cheating, lying,arguing and backstabbing how can you do that to person you "Love"
    Love is an artificial emotion??? Sounds like you recently had your heart broken. I'm sorry for that. But love is not an artificial emotion. Do you love your parents or grandparents or pets or siblings? Is it fake or do you truly love them? If you have kids do you love them? No one who is even a halfway decent parent can say love is an artificial emotion so I'm going to guess that you don't have kids.

Yes, the love for a spouse is different than the love for a parent or pet or child. But that doesn't mean it's not real. The fact that half of all marriages end in divorce doesn't prove that people cannot stay in monogamous relationships. Cheating isn't the deciding factor in most divorces, financial difficulties are. The fact that approximately half of all people cheat only proves that approximately half of all peopl aren't really in a committed loving relationship. Perhaps they got married too young or because of a pregnancy or like a few people here don't understand th difference between love and lust. The fact that half of all marriages do last until death do they part proves that love is a real thing and the fact that we are human doesn't mean we have to be @$$holes.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Can anyone really answer this question w/o being in the situation??? Really?? I think they'd be a little more involved than just looks wouldn't they??
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    More aimed towards guys, but women can respond too...would you cheat on your wife/girlfriend (or husband/boyfriend) for someone who was thinner than her/him? Specifically because of looks.

A boy would cheat, a man wouldn't.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    on my diet, absolutely. I have absolutely no desire to have sex with anyone else besides my husband. EWW.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If she was Katy Perry.