Would you cheat?

Options
NessasMommy081311
NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
More aimed towards guys, but women can respond too...would you cheat on your wife/girlfriend (or husband/boyfriend) for someone who was thinner than her/him? Specifically because of looks.

Replies

• D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    There is no way. I am not attracted to my partner because he is skinny. I am rarely attracted to people based on
    Looks.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Would you?
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    NO WAY! My man is perfect the way he is and I could never find anyone I saw as "better". In the past though, I have been cheated on for smaller girls...so curious to see if people are really more into love than looks.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow what a question, size of the person has nothing to do with why peple cheat. People cheat because their un happy or un satisfied one way or another and they will do it with whomever is willing to cheat with them and because they don't have respect for the current relationship their in.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Never. I have no respect for people who do that to their SO's.
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    Hey, I know some pretty shallow people. I would never cheat for any reason. But again, I know some people who do. I'm just curious. I have a friend who recently gained some weight, and her boyfriend cheated on her for a thinner girl because he like that girl's body better. It happens.
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    Nope, not interested, love my man and it wouldn't change if he put on weight or lost weight.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Never. I'm single now, but my ex was perfect to me. He was slim, and had seen better days in terms of being toned and muscly, but I adored him for him, and was attracted to him as an entire person.

I would debate being in a relationship with someone who had gained so much weight that they were endangering themselves, but I would never cheat on them.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, sorry, nobody can say what, when, or how, or if they'd do anything until they're in the situation, we'd all like to think we wouldn't but you never, ever know......just saying.......
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I would not cheat on my boyfriend under any circumstances. He is the sweetest person I ever met. Regardless of wether or not I happened to meet someone more attractive or I had fallen out of love, Michael couldn't take that. His heart would break and I would be the cause of his pain. I hope to never break his heart, but cheating would just make it worse. In the past I was tempted when my boyfriend of the time was a total jerk, but Michael's different. He's pure and intelligent and beautiful and unique. I could not cheat on him, it doesn't even cross my mind! Well, in short the answer's no haha (:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest and say that I cheated on many a girlfriend in my younger years. Many times I had the perfect bodied girlfriend and still cheated with someone who may have been more "fluffy". Why? Because my attitude at that time was that if a girl broke it off with me, I could get another. I wasn't in it for love, I was in it for sex.
    So I don't think it has anything to do with body type, looks, money etc. I think people cheat because whoever they are cheating with makes them feel important or desirable at the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    Okay, so it's a dumb question. I guess the real question would be would your significant other's weight gain/loss affect your attraction to them?
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    wow what a question, size of the person has nothing to do with why peple cheat. People cheat because their un happy or un satisfied one way or another and they will do it with whomever is willing to cheat with them and because they don't have respect for the current relationship their in.

Actually it can. When appearance plays a large role in the attraction to that person, if that person alters (weight gain/loss, aging, etc) then the attraction is lost and the partner wanders. You basically nulled your first sentence with your second because that counts as being unhappy/unsatisfied. Some people have pre-conceived notions of how the relationship should be or how their SO should look and if that changes, they become unhappy and it can lead to cheating.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Im single right now but I have never cheated I would like to think that there's no way I would cheat on that special other person but I can't say that for 100%.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest and say that I cheated on many a girlfriend in my younger years. Many times I had the perfect bodied girlfriend and still cheated with someone who may have been more "fluffy". Why? Because my attitude at that time was that if a girl broke it off with me, I could get another. I wasn't in it for love, I was in it for sex.
    So I don't think it has anything to do with body type, looks, money etc. I think people cheat because whoever they are cheating with makes them feel important or desirable at the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree with this. I don't know if people cheat JUST because they found someone who is slimmer than their current partner. I have seen guys and girls cheat on their partners with bigger or less attractive people.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, sorry, nobody can say what, when, or how, or if they'd do anything until they're in the situation, we'd all like to think we wouldn't but you never, ever know......just saying.......

Agreed
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. You gotta know you can get through the "ugly" parts of life together, and there are plenty. My hubby and I have seen eachother at our best and worst, it would not matter if he were horribly disfigured in an accident I would be by his side looking at his inner beauty and taking care of his wounds.

I agree there are some pretty shallow people who base their relationship on looks and that is all they care about so they go on to the next hot thing whenever they fancy. That's not love that's lust.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Years ago I my one and only ex cheated on me. He said I 'didn't lose weight fast enough' that it was just too late (he met me at my heaviest 180 and broke up with me at around 130). At first I believed him, but after awhile I realized that was only a reason he could use to break up with me. We hadn't been happy for quite some time. So, my view, is that while some people do cheat because of weight issues in their partner, it seems there are oftentimes other underlying issues in the relationship, and weight is sometimes just an excuse that people use.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would ever cheat on my fiance. And as far as I'm concerned, he's perfect the way he is! He's actually very fit, although he wants to build muscle, which I wouldn't complain about! :wink:

I do have to admit, I did break up with my man once because I liked another guy, but it wasn't for his looks. That guy is a twig and looking back, I was rather self conscious about the fact that I was horizontally bigger than him.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Oh my gosh... NO WAY...:noway: !!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:
    if you have any thought of cheating then you shouldn't be in a relationship,
    :heart:
    I have been with my hubby since January 1975, and we are ,and always will be ,devoted to each other through good and bad.:smooched:
    our looks have changed over the years and even our behaviour changes but its what inside that really counts , whats in the heart, soul and spirit of a person.
    appearances are shallow

:love: :happy: