What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I repair medical equipment for the US Army Reserves. Our area of coverage is the whole Eastern Seaboard, including Puerto Rico. So I travel quite a bit. Also a wife and mom to two very active kids. Den leader for son's pack and active in my daughter's girl scout troop.
  • Melvillin
    Options
    I produce events for a large media group.. I am also a songwriter, guitarist and singer
  • amandainfanto
    Options
    VH1 - production management on live shows and events :)
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Trustee Sale Officer: I process foreclosures. Sad truth is I'm really busy these days.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Billionare playboy by day, superhero ninja/pirate by night.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Financial Planner.. :)
  • BethanneTremper
    Options
    I am an academic advisor at a college in downtown Chicago. I get to help college students know what they need in order to graduate.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    guess ;-)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Kudos! You rock!
  • merlegirl88
    Options
    I work for merle norman cosmetics and love it, I am a full time Esthetician and spend majority of the day on my feet, I love doing massages and facials and doing Makeup , well I love it all but what can I say its my dream job, one day I hope to take over the business for my boss when she retires...
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    guess ;-)

The stripper that is always dressed as a cop?
  • Mbond74
    Mbond74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    guess ;-)

lol
  • Mbond74
    Mbond74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a nursing instructor at a community college (in an associate degree RN program). I am also working on my master's degree and I still work every other Saturday as a staff nurse on the inpatient medical unit of the local hospital. Whew!
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    <-- Officially retired, However. On line Adjunct Professor for a Christian University; Senior adult exercise and wellness instructor at a local health club; T'ai Chi instructor for various organizations. Baby sitter, homework supervisor for grandkids.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Marketing coordinator for an architectural firm. Hi-stress, busy job. Good for now because I get to be creative both with graphics and writing.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Full time student working on my general ed, then working towards becoming a nutritionist :)
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    Self employed real estate appraiser. Mostly focus on commercial/industrial/office but also do some residential and vacant land. Right now I'm working on a landscape/nursury business, a nature center, a home/land being taken by the State for a road project, a home that just burned so insurance co needs an estimate of 'before the fire' value, etc. Always something new and challenging but its become stressful given the decline of real estate market the past few yrs. Always somebody mad at you
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm an IT Manager at a litigation support firm.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm a prevention educator at a rape crisis center so I spend a lot of my time in classrooms/at community events talking about child abuse, bullying, intimate partner violence, sexual harassment and sexual assault. That also means that I'm an advocate for assault survivors so I work our hotline to talk to people and answer questions and I can go with them to law enforcement, medical exams etc.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer.

Not the cool, novel-kind, though. The boring editing, article-writing, blathering on about homes/business/relationships/fashion while I sit comfortable in a skirt and sweater kind.

I'm lucky I'm married because, as it turns out, freelance writers don't exactly get health insurance...or guaranteed paychecks. You haven't lived until you've had to chase down someone that printed your writing, is contractually obligated to pay you, and somehow manages to be out of the office for weeks when your expected check doesn't show up.