What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    guess ;-)

The stripper that is always dressed as a cop?

Lol
  • CarolanneG
    Options
    I'm a catering supervisor for our local council........

Not the easiest job in the world when your trying to lose weight!! :tongue:
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    Night Supervisor at a thrift store. So exciting right? I get awesome clothes. Heck yaaaa. lol
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lead for a Call Center
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    im a physical therapist assistant
  • cowleyibiza
    Options
    Im a Group Buyer at a Mechanical Contractor, boooorrring....lol
  • kdc0587
    kdc0587 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am a online college student & I babysit my two brothers [twins, age 4] Mon-Fri. I'm also a photographer.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I go to school full time (University - BaSc Anthropology & Biology), and I work midnights on the Assembly line here, building mini-vans.
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    Been an ERP functional consultant for the last 10 years, started with Oracle and matured with SAP platform. Now I work with a MNC where I work on risk management, compliance and standardization procedures for Oil and Gas as well as Petrochemicals industries :huh:
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Full time Student.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    im a cook in a childrens play centre so im surrounded by food all day. lol.
  • Nymeria42
    Nymeria42 Posts: 21
    Options
    I work as a CNA but I just enlisted in the Navy and leave for boot camp in May so that's my new job, being a sailor
  • nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mommy, Army Wife, Registered Nurse-Labor and Delivery. Currently staying home with our youngest. Love my babies, but definitely miss L&D!
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    Web Developer.... YAWN!!!
  • Jayne990
    Jayne990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a Paramedic (part-time) that is as I have a 2 year old son who's a handful. Work 12 hour shifts which is tiring & there's never a set timetable to eat so we eat when we can. Very frustrating but at least things are going in the right direction! :glasses:
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm a CNA on a Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum unit and love it. Impatiently waiting on a waiting list to go back to school for nursing to get my BN. :)
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm an EMT which might possibly be the greatest job ever. I work 1 48 hour shift a week at one job and 3 12 hour shifts at the other. It wears on you but it is so worth it. The only drawbacks are the pay (or lack thereof, thus the need for a second full time job) and the wear and tear on the body. I was told last week that my back doesn't look like a 24 year old's back should look and that if I continue on that path that I probably won't be able to walk by the time I'm 40. :noway: :cry: :sad:
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i work with young offenders

:flowerforyou:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those evil Wall Street traders you hear about in the news.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Right now I am a SAHM, but ordinarily, Funeral Director/Embalmer, Certified Nursing Assistant, and currently working on my Bachelors in Elementary Education.

Tell me more about the funeral director/embalmer.... that's always interested me!
    Interesting

What is it you want to know....lol

What are your responsibilities? Describe a typical day to me! :)

Hmmmm Typical day? There really isnt any such thing in the funeral home...lol. I always keep in mind that I NEVER KNOW what awaits me when I come in to work in the morning, could be anything! I make removals from ppls homes, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. I also do accounting, bookkeeping, talking to families, making all those pretty little cards you guys fight over at every service, cause there are never enough. I make rememberance DVDs, sell insurance, I am a notary, clean and inspect caskets when they come in, I also embalm people and dress them, do hair and make-up(when necessary) and put them in their caskets. I sometimes close the casket at the start of the service, or I move that big casket spray, so someone else can close it. I work with cemetery people to make sure tents are set up on time and "holes are dug" on time. I do A LOT. and when no one dies, I usually spend the day cleaning, ordering supplies and washing the cars to get ready for the next people who come in. But I'll tell ya, when people are in the anger stage of the grieving process, or tempers flare, it is NOT a job for the easily offended, or emotional types....people can be very vengeful and hateful at times. And it's usually over something stupid. I don't work at night, we have guys who make removals for us at night, so I never know what the day will be like til I hit the embalming room door and take a peek. Hope this answers some of your curiosities.:wink:

I'm a funeral director as well :)