What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the Service folks, your service is greatly appreciated.
    I am a Technical Writer for Gulfstream Aerospace. I write and edit maintenance manuals for aircraft.
    I spent 22 years in the US Coast Guard, retired in 2004.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm an ICU RN, specifically I work bedside with critically ill trauma, burns, neurosurgical, and gen surg patients. Most of which are on a ventilator, pressors, and occasionally CRRT.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am an Instructional Designer. I design and develop training for an automotive repair franchise.

Me too! Sort of...I'm actually a misdemeanor prosecutor and law professor, but I am finishing my M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology this semester.

That's awesome! I usually don't meet many instructional designers. I'm also back in school. I have an MBA but back finishing my M.Ed in Training and Development. I'm very passionate about what I do.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sell Avon. Lots of it. Hual those books everywhere. And I love it. :happy:
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Software Engineer. I sit at a desk all day long.
  • rkgb
    rkgb Posts: 22
    Options
    Stay home mom (navy wife)
    Yea shore tour! :bigsmile:
  • Tudrase
    Tudrase Posts: 55
    Options
    Canine beautician :flowerforyou:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    To earn money....I cook at a Mediteranean restaurant. (not enough money....but hey, its a job) What I REALLY do is sing in my local GLBT chorus, and two quartets (one barbershop). And read. And play on the computer. And create earrings.
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    I am a commercial construction superintendent. It's an amazingly rewarding job.

To all of you who are here serving our country - thanks, you people are inspiring!
  • cwill86
    cwill86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of really different jobs :)

I'm an ocean scientist - in my last year of PhD and struggling to stop myself procrastinating at work!
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer 9 to 5, and then then squeeze in EMT, Certified Lab instructor and CPR instructor.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So many cool jobs! I love it!
  • decerva
    decerva Posts: 11
    Options
    Right now I am a SAHM, but ordinarily, Funeral Director/Embalmer, Certified Nursing Assistant, and currently working on my Bachelors in Elementary Education.

Tell me more about the funeral director/embalmer.... that's always interested me!
    Interesting

What is it you want to know....lol

What are your responsibilities? Describe a typical day to me! :)

Hmmmm Typical day? There really isnt any such thing in the funeral home...lol. I always keep in mind that I NEVER KNOW what awaits me when I come in to work in the morning, could be anything! I make removals from ppls homes, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. I also do accounting, bookkeeping, talking to families, making all those pretty little cards you guys fight over at every service, cause there are never enough. I make rememberance DVDs, sell insurance, I am a notary, clean and inspect caskets when they come in, I also embalm people and dress them, do hair and make-up(when necessary) and put them in their caskets. I sometimes close the casket at the start of the service, or I move that big casket spray, so someone else can close it. I work with cemetery people to make sure tents are set up on time and "holes are dug" on time. I do A LOT. and when no one dies, I usually spend the day cleaning, ordering supplies and washing the cars to get ready for the next people who come in. But I'll tell ya, when people are in the anger stage of the grieving process, or tempers flare, it is NOT a job for the easily offended, or emotional types....people can be very vengeful and hateful at times. And it's usually over something stupid. I don't work at night, we have guys who make removals for us at night, so I never know what the day will be like til I hit the embalming room door and take a peek. Hope this answers some of your curiosities.:wink:
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    Wow lots of really different jobs :)

I'm an ocean scientist - in my last year of PhD and struggling to stop myself procrastinating at work!

This sounds pretty awesome!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Software consultant in transport & logistics. Which means I travel a lot and stare at computer screens, people and cats until they do what I want. Never works with cats.

SA2.jpg

Also made the above because, frankly, no one cares what I do.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer 9 to 5, and then then squeeze in EMT, Certified Lab instructor and CPR instructor.

How do you like being an EMT?
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Certified Massage Therapist. NO HAPPY ENDINGS! lol
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options
    Im a full time student (applying to nursing school this semester) and a full time CNA for hospice
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Since I lost my dispatching job I am a school bus driver, and CDL instructor. We sell International buses and trucks so I also get to deliver buses and trucks to states from Ohio to New Jersey and as far north as Maine. Thats the part I love, new car smell, kickin radio and no kids. I also do Equine sports massage therapy.
  • tscott10
    tscott10 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am Portfolio Manager and a Vice President of Investments for Stifel Nicolaus.