Senior Golden Sneakers Club For May

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Hi all you seniors and friends, This is starting our May editions. Hope this month Keep us all together and happy. Of course a lot smaller.Love this bunch. You are all so nice to this old lady.
I do hope you all find this OK.

Marie

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi all you seniors and friends, This is starting our May editions. Hope this month Keep us all together and happy. Of course a lot smaller.Love this bunch. You are all so nice to this old lady.
    I do hope you all find this OK.

Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Good evening Marie and the rest of you......

Hope your day went well.:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    I posted a big note on the old thread before I figured out that this one started. It might be May in Texas but it's still April in Wasington:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    I agree Barbie...It is still April here in California for 56 minutes...:laugh: But at least we found the new thread...
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    May 1 in BC now too. Do you set goals for the month?
    I hope to lose 5 lbs.
    Hope to get the RV on the road soon. Isn't spring wonderful? It's motivation in itself, at least for me.
    Ellen
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day!!

Finally we have some sunshine!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the new board Marie, you are such a good leader. :bigsmile:

After all my complaining I lost another pound. :blushing: I hope it holds but I was so excited that I posted it. Maybe it will keep me motivated to do more. :glasses:

Have fun on your road trip Barb and Jake, drive safely and keep healthy. :love:

Good morning Ellen, I set my goal for total weight loss, but you can do it anyway you like. Maybe you, Barb and Jake will see each other on the road. :laugh:

I think I will try for 30 minutes on elliptical and 30 minutes of yoga today. I have been drinking more water which I think is a big part of losing weight. :drinker:

Really liking your picture BGamma, you look so thin. :happy: What a great job you did in losing all that weight.

Hi to everyone else and hope your day is wonderful. Keep healthy and keep smiling.

Sandy
  • Sandydur
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Must not have been a pound since it didn't show on my ticker board. But instead of 136.6 on my scale it said 135.6. Oh well, this site keeps me honest. :ohwell:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh how nice to get up and find so many have already posted on the May.

Ellen, we sort of set our own goals here. Just feel free to dicussed anything you like. We are family here.

BigG-- You found us first. What would we do without you.

Barbiecat---Get us some goals for the month of May. You were having so much fun with Richard Simmons. Seating to the oldies I order me a dvd and it should get here next tuesday.

Sandy. You little sweetheart. That big old steak did not hurt you.

Jeffrey, Phoebe, Gayla,Beth,Dayanne,Elli Hope you all find you way here. Be on the lookout for you.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Here are my goals for May:

*lose 4 pounds

*do yoga in the motorhome at least twice a week

*walk at least 10,000 steps a day

*stay connected to my pals on MFP:flowerforyou: :heart:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    putting myself in place, see ya later,
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi there Phoebe.

I just got an e-mail and my tike is at my local Walmart. Jerry is at the store and we will go pick it up when he gets back. Then he will have to put it together. Can hardly wait. Hope my legs don't hurt. I will be riding all over Mesquite in no time.
    I am doing fine on my South beach diet. This week I am cutting out all that artifical sugar from my diet.
    I am going to be a slim line old granny before you know it. You and Galya have been my suporters all these years and now we have all these wonderful friend here on MFP> I 'm so happy.

:heart: Marie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi friends! glad i found you here today!

Barbiecat - you are my hero - TEN pounds in 1 month?!?!?!? That's AWESOME!:happy:

Oh boy Marie - can't wait to hear about you crusing around on your tryke! Does it have a basket so you can carry stuff????? When i rode my bike a lot i always had saddle bags packed with stuff.

Sandy - you did SO lose a pound. I don't know what's up with that silly ticker. I wouldn't worry about the steak either - it's not like you deliberately went and ate a big old banana split or something. I mean, c'MON - it's steak!!!!!!:noway:

My scale has me down a pound this morning so i'm pretty happy about that.

I can't remember who asked - Barbie? But yes - we are wiring again all this weekend and probably next as well. THEN the trades guys can come back in and insulate, drywall, etc.......SO much work!

Beth! How's it going with the hula hoop? Were your obliques sore the first time?

I'm going to try and check in over the weekend - maybe another time today. The weekends are always my downfall - especially with the work crews - i always have to get pizza or something.......maybe we'll do subway this weekend.

My goals for May - lose 2 pounds. Work out 5 days a week, walk the dogs 5 times a week, and just ONE small snack after dinner!

HAPPY MAY:flowerforyou: :heart: I turn 57 this month! When do i start feeling like a grown up?????:laugh:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Never Elli, I am 67 and still act like a kid at times. Heck what's the point if you can't have fun???:laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We are all just a bunch of kids.

Jerry is putting my trike together. and it looks just like a big tricycle. can harly wait to ride it and see how my legs old out. Right now they are giving me a fit.

I have started posting on A South beach diet thread. It is called Down 12 lbs South Beach Diet Rocks.
    Started by rmchan. It is getting quite interesting. I am cutting down on this fake sugar. I will still used Stevia occaioally but not as much as I used to. That mean cutting out all diet pepsi [ which I have aleady } SF jello and Sf pudding and cool whip. and all pre sweeten tea. Lots of lean meat, veggies, Plain yogurt.

For lunch I had Homemade Chili and beans, asparagus,slice tomatoes. greek yogurt, 1 pfg. of silvia
    Pretty nice lunch.
    Sanck -- string cheese
    For supper I will have lemon pepper grilled chicken, aspaaragus. Salad big one.
    Snack---Hummis spread over a bibb lettuce
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: And lots of it.

Tomorrow morning is WI time. again It sure does come around in a hurry

Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! We have spring in Saskatchewan! They tell us the temps will be in to the 70's in the next few days. The sun is shining and there is some wind, of course! I recorded my WI today as Friday is the best day for me to do that. It has been only 4 days on my program but I am down 2 pounds! Gotta love this plan. I know it was the snacks that were doing me in!! This week I had bagels and cream cheese for breakfast a couple of days and cereal the other two, lunches were usually sandwiches and fruit except for me dental work day when I had mac. and cheese. For dinner we just had our usual fare, chili, chicken, pork and last night egg and cheese sandwiches and soup and a piece of fruit. I do drink milk with my evening meal always and sometimes with lunch. I also take calcium and vit. D. Next week I am planning to decrease my single portions a bit as I know they are too large. I also plan to add in a bit of exercise, either some walking or the exercise bike. I should try Neil's trike but I don't think he would be amused!! My neighbour wants to go walking together but I am not sure I can keep her pace and I don't want to slow her down.

Marie-- Way to go on keeping focused on the big prize -- you will, indeed, be a slim Granny. Maybe I will be slim in time to have grandbabies!! I am 59 and no grandbabies in the foreseeable future!!

Phoebe -- How is Jum doing today? I hope his mouth isn't too sore.

Sandy -- I have often wondered when I am going to feel as old as I though my Mom was at my age. Not that she acted old but as young people we see things through a different lens. I hope I can get in as much traveling and bridge playing as my Mom did after she retired! Good job on the one pound loss, no matter what the ticker shows!

elli -- Wow, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You will see your project completed and enjoy living in your wonderful 'new' home.

Barbie--Way to go on the loss. You really are an inspiration. Have a great vacation.

Beth -- I bet all those guys are wanting to use your hula hoop. I used to love that when I was young but now I likely couldn't keep it around my waist. Uh, what waist on might ask!

I hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend.

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Gayla... I saw your ticker Oh boy what a good start. I hope mine go down in the morning. at least lose what I gain last week. I am woking on it. Jerry is still fieruing out how to put the trike together.
    Walking with your neigber will be a good thing. I bet you will enjoy it. Sammie is my little walking buddie.

Give them kids time. You will have some I am sure. They just want to get their fun time in first before they get settle with kids.

You are doing great and I know you will.

Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Good evening....I hope you all had a good Friday...I did not do much...just played around here at MFP and Face Book....I like to play the games...they keep my mind sharp.....I worry about my mind...since my mother had dementia in her 70's.....So far it is ok.....

It is raining here this evening..and I love it...the smell ...the sound....and it is a very warm spring rain...every window and door is open....so far...

I did get all of my exercise in today...and have kept my calories in check.....

Have a good evening....and a wonderful weekend....:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Big G----seems like you had a very pleasant day. I love to see the raincomes down. if I don't have anyplace to go. It is quite muggy here. Have a good nifgt.
    Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I got busy and didn't make it back to the thread today. Went to wal mart. got a few things, now I have to go back and empty the stuff out to remember what I bought..!! I always check the receipt when I get home.
    We got a wedding invitation from my brother's youngest son. They have a website, which is so much fun for the out of town relatives to visit. Lots of pics and info.
    So I went to the website, got the registry information and spent a couple of hours browsing the gifts to decide on what to get them. went with a set of flatware and set of napkins.

Marie, I hope you take it easy on your trike and stay on flat ground..you need to build up to it.. maybe go to a park.. we have a nice one, a bike or trike would be great.. I've seen roller skating and skateboards there. Did you get a helmet?
    it has rained here today, maybe it will be cool tonight, hope to open the windows again.
    Jim's lip looks worse than it is.. but everyone asked him who hit him!! He said he told them I did it..
    I'm going to wash my face and crawl under the covers. This will be the last week we have flannel sheets til about November take care
    ps Marie, wow, no pepsi? or, for me coke zero? I'd be a basket case!!
    Gayla, I put milk in my coffee, I count that as at least two glasses of milk per day, coz I use a lot in it.. and drink a lot of coffee.. I could drink another cup now, but it is kinda late.. ok bye
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am way behind as usual! One of my guys decided to take a chunk out of his wrist with a metal banding strap so we all went to the hospital...my guys are such pansies... 3 of them about passed out dealing with this kids tiny cut... ok 4 stictches not so tiny but geez he should have been the one who was ready to pass out not them! He is doing fine and only has a bit of a brusied ego more then anything so not to worry.
    Marie enjoy the bike, I will soon be reading about the little lady with the bike :)

Gayla- I dont dare tell them I have it...it would make the rounds of the base if I did...my roommate is getting one as well so this could be fun...and I am SORE

As usual I havent made it back to the old post I will do that tonight and catch up with y'all Hope everyone has a great day/morning/ night... heck I am so turned around I dont know what time it is there anymore.