Senior Golden Sneakers Club For May

Options

Replies

• ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi, Ellen here again.
    Finally lost a couple more pounds - that is, if the scale here is the same as mine at home. So the week on the road didn't do any damage, thankfully. Tho' I've not had much of an appetite, it helps.

Nice to read all your posts.
    Hello to Phoebe, Jeffery, Lafla and all.
    Sandy - you are doing SOOOO well, you are an inspiration.
    Marie - Sounds like you are feeling better, glad to know it.
    Barbie, We are thinking of going home up the coast so happy to hear it is a little cooler, well, quite a little I guess. This is great pool weather tho' and my grandson has his birthday party Sat.
    These kids are so busy, what a schedule they all have.

Talk to you soon.
    Ellen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

today was cool and beautiful. Jake played golf and I spent the morning with a friend who lives at the top of hill with a view that included 40 miles of the Pacific Ocean beach. Later I went to line dance. Someone brought cupcakes and I turned them down twice. Later someone said "oh yeah, Barbie turned down the cupcakes, she wants to make us feel guilty" Oh well:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so I hope you all keep up the healthy eating and find a way to get exercise in the warm places you're in right now.:bigsmile:

Big hugs to all of you, :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey Ellen =, congrats on the weight lost. Thats great. Enjoy your family. Don't eat any birthday cake.
    Be glad when you get back .

Barbiecat--- Wonderful passing up cakes. I did some swats today Here is the link.

www.twohundredsquats.com

I think we are going to do a challenge on it on a new thread that I join. The green team. Since MFPME left I have not been posting my weight there. I am doing it on the The green Thread. I just post it and she keeps up with it. This week the challenge is eat 2 to 3 fruits a day. Thats isn't any problems.

Phoebe--- Are you still sleeping?

Gayla--- I guess you are working on your yard. Got to have Neil some cucumbers. I am watching American idol and hope Krist wins..

Sandy---Hae you got reste up yet. I just got a call from one of my granddaughter and she is on her way down. driving by herself. She is about 23 years old. She lives with her BF in Springfield.MO. A good 3 hours away from her mom and dad in St.Louis, mo. She will stop at her brother house in North Texas and spend the weekend with them for they have a boat and ahe wants to spend the day in Texas sun to get a suntan, Her name is Debbie and she will be down here for lunch . I have an appt. at the hearing aid place at 10:30 in the morning. But should be back by noon. if not she can go down to my Brother shop and visit with him. He is just about 3 blocks from here, He is the same age as he Dad.

BigG---the hot weather has hit. We haven't had too much heat so far, but it is coming i have no doubt about that.

Jeffrey---How's the job hunting goin

JaneAusten---How the weather where you live?

Jake, are you ready to come home yet?

Elli, I bet you been one busy gal.

Beth----How are things in you part of the world?

Take care everybody till next time
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. No gardening happening in this part of the world. We are barely above freezing during the day and a cloud-filled sky. Neil has been like that angry sky and it is getting old. I am thinking it may be time to do some drug adjustments once again. One of us will have to go on anti-depressants!!! I said I wasn't going to mention my back again but I will tell you that I ended up going to the Dr. today. He thinks there is a possibility of a herniated lumbar disc and sciatica. I am going to physio tomorrow. They booked an hour session so I will feel either better or worse afterwards. The Dr. said if I can't go to work next week he will write a letter. So, basically it will be up to me. Right now I could not. I can sit for short periods, then lie, then stand, car driving is awful. Most of my work is driving and sitting on the floor and I don't see that happening in the immediate future. I am hoping it will be a quick turn around.

Thanks to you all for your words of support, with Neil and with the back situation. You bring tears to my eyes you are so kind.

I am thinking yoga may eventually be a good option, Jeffrey. My dil's are into yoga and would help me for sure. I am so uncoordinated I am not sure but am very willing to try.

I am planning an early night tonight as I am already yawning. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    hi all, I made it but it is 12:02 on my clock, so I missed most of Wednesday here..
    How Are you all?
    Gayla, I'm so sorry about the bad news re: your back.. you have so much on you already, then to deal with this is tough.. get a second opinion before you take action.. take care of You!
    Marie, you are way ahead of us in the garden.. we just planted this week. But, it's ok, we have a long summer ahead for growing.
    I'm going to visit Jim's stepmother tomorrow.. trying to leave early and get back early.
    take care all that I missed, have a safe week.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Gayla, I am getting a little ansious for tomorrow to get here and over with. Plan on a nice lunch with my grandaughter today. We will go out for Mexican food. Hope I choose wisely. Keep us informed on your back. And good luck on your treatment. My back brace help me a lot If I would just wear it.

Phoebe--- Busy as usally. Have a nice visit with you MIL. How far is it ?what did you plant?

Barbiecat, Jake and Ellen be glad when you three get back home, But glad you both are enjoying your time with your family and friends.

Jefrey, I will have to hold off on my swats till my doctor say I can. In the mean time I will get my Tai Chi for sSeniors out and used it. Ir is so relaxibg and I can feel the the energy folowing into my body just by listen and swaying with them, If I don;t feel like getting up.

Elli and Sandy---You too are where I want to be. Keep it up.

BigG--Try to stay cool. OUr hot weather is just around the corner.

Beth---How are you today.?

I wont have time to post in the morning for I have yo be at the hospital at 6 AM . Now it is time for breakfast and get ready to go to the hearing aid place to get my hearing aids clean up.

Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! We have sunshine in Saskatchewan with just a lovely gentle breeze. I just watched the Dorothy Dandridge movie, so sad but an excellent movie.

Phoebe -- so glad you are having a little time at home. Enjoy your visit with your mil. I know she will be glad to see you. I will be careful with the back, I trust the physio as I have been there before. If it doesn't improve I will seek further diagnostic treatment.

Marie -- I will say a little prayer for you that you sail through the surgery and the outcome is wonderful. Enjoy your lunch with your grandaughter.

Elli -- How is the house coming along?

Sandy -- Are you getting some relaxation time? Your family keep you busy which really is a good thing, bettrer than the alternative anyway. :wink:

Beth -- How are you? Are you able to get any hula hooping time in? The government sent us some "We support the troops" stickers for the car with instructions on where to put it. I will proudly display it. I drive a government car for my work so that is why I got it.

BG -- Hope you aren't melting but feel free to send some of that heat North!!

Jeffrey -- I have been meaning to check out your home page to see if you have before/after pics. You have done so well.

To the travellers -- I am envious but hoping you are all having a wonderful time.

If I missed anyone, you too, have a happy day. Gayla :smile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello to all of you active motivated seniors

It is another cool and beautiful day in North Coastal California

Jake had a friend over to the motorhome this afternoon so I took off for the Mall---my plan was to walk while he visited with his friend. Well it's hard to walk at the Mall and not stop in the stores. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm glad i did because I found an outfit (turquoise capris and a lime and turquoise top) that is totally unlike anything I've ever owned before. It's so cold here that I had a hard time believing that I would need short pants and a short sleeved shirt but I know it will be warm in Eastern Washington when we go there in June.

:flowerforyou: Ellen----congratulations on your weight loss :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Gayla----let me echo the suggestion about yoga---I was a skeptic about it and now I love it--it seems to be so peaceful and easy on the body but it is very effective

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Marie---We'll be thinking about you tomorrow and wishing you well on your day in the hospital

Jake is going out with a friend tonight so I have the place to myself to myself to do what i want :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: It will probably be yoga and dog walking :laugh: :laugh:

Big hugs to all :heart: :love: :heart:
    Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi to all you seniors, went out to lunch with my grandaughter and i did well. I stay on my low carbs plan.
    I had a nice salad for dinner. It was filling. will have some fruit later. Fresh strawberries. Hope you all have a good night and i will seeyou guys tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Busy day today for me today. :smile: Started out using my new Wii Active trainer, it is really a good workout including all kinds of different activities. Walking, running, boxing, squats, lunges etc. Everyday it is supposed to change so you don't get bored. So far I like it except for running, I can't run well because of my knees and because I get tired. :laugh: Then I went to a meeting and after that my hubby and I went to buy all our flowers. We had to go to four different stores for what we wanted, We did get the back all planted and will finish the front tomorrow. I will take pictures and see if I can post them for you to see. :tongue:

Saturday and Sunday is the last of the regional dance competitions for my granddaughter, so another busy weekend. She has a showcase in June and then we go to Las Vegas for her Nationals in July. :bigsmile: I love Vegas even though it is too hot in July.

Marie, hope everything goes well tomorrow, our prayers are with you. Glad you got some time with your granddaughter. The old saying is true that if you could have grandchildren first you wouldn't have children. :laugh: I am kidding, I love my children very much. :heart:

Gayla, you sound so intelligent and with a wonderful job. What is it you do? How is Neil doing with his foot? Hope it gets warm by you soon, I just love hot weather. :smile:

Ellen and Phoebe it is great hearing from you, we miss you when you are gone. :sad:

Barbie, glad your trip is going well, wish you had warmer weather. You are still focused and have lost a lot of weight, great job!! Your new outfit sounds great and I bet you will super in it.

Elli, I don't remember if you are out of town or just busy with the house. Does anyone know??

Getting sleepy now so I better hit the hay!! Talk to you tomorrow.

Sandy
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! TGIF!!!

How is everyone doing? I have been posting regularly but I noticed today that they did not appear. I must has done something in error. Not a lot of news to report. I think I posted a new weight! About 5 pounds to go! The job search is going so-so. Just not a lot to apply to, but I keep at it! The lawn is in great shape and the garden is doing well. I made a few baskets and pots for the patio and they look nice. Pretty basic, but I am conserving funds, LOL! The weather here has been great, about 85 yesterday and beautiful! We are staying home over Memorial Day and just relaxing (still working out though!). Next week end we have the beginning of the "graduation circuit". It will be good for me, I can eat the veggies and fruit that everyone else passes on for the cake! Next week I am cleaning cabinates and the garage (AKA gym), so that will be a project. Joe the cat is my shadow now. He sits on the commode while I get ready in the morning and then on the sink and admires the cat in the mirror. The other 2 have accepted him now and they all get along very well. Sam has been home as you know, but she leaves for school in the morning. It has been great having her home. Amanda will be home for a couple of days in June and I am looking forward to that. I miss those girls. But all in all, things are fine, and I have been blessed with another day to do something with!

Marie- I hope you are feeling well. I worry about you and you trying to do too much too soon.

Sandy- Glad you like the Wii. In exercise variety is important! And I agree with you on the hot weather!
    Bring it!

Barbie/Jake- Hope you are enjoying!

Gayla- Always glad to hear about you and Neil.

Pheobe, Ellen, BG, Beth, and anyone else I missed Take care and enjoy your day!

Jeffrey
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Prayers for Marie - for todays surgery..love ya'll:heart:
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Good Morning, from sunny southern California. Cooled off into the 60's last night, no complaints about that.

Calie - look forward to hearing how your hospital time went. Our love and prayers are with you.

Gayla - sorry to hear your back is acting up. At least you don't have gardening yet to aggravate it. :smile:
    I know what you mean about the weather, our kids in Edmonton said it is still freezing at night.

Barbie - Thanks for your kind words. I'm starting to feel lighter already, tho' a looong ways to go yet.

Jeffery - When I see your 77lbs it is really something aim for. So looking forward to the day I can say - 5lbs to go!!

Sandy - the grandkids keep us busy and I hope, young -er too.

Not hard to keep up with the 3 fruits a day challange, at least for me. It's keeping the carbs down that is often a problem. Not really tracking things too well with visiting and cooking for the family and all, but so far so good on the scale. Birthday cake tomorrow, but I would just as soon have fruit really.

Greetings to all. Have a good day.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Ellen
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone - sorry i haven't posted. No - not out of town - I worked in the house monday after work, then all day tuesday and wednesday ('till around 7:30), then today and yesterday my employee was off for the long weekend so i'm by myself and "work" work! lol. The house is awesome though so i'm excited and the people helping me are, as always amazing! There are walls now! Next week we'll go shopping for paint samples because they are going to be done texturing the very beginning of June and hopefully we can PAINT! woo hoooooooooo! Very exciting!

I've not been keeping as close track of my food though and i haven't been making it to the gym. So i've only lost 1 of the 2 pounds i gained over my b-day weekend:grumble: Oh well.

Marie - how'd the surgery go today? Hope you're on the mend already.

Oh Gayla - i'm so sorry about your back. I'm going to second Jeffrey and Barbie - yoga is so great! You don't have to be super coordinated or flexible - you just do what you can and you'll be amazed at how you begin to be better at it. I think i'm the only one here who does it - but if you can possibly find a Bikram studio close by - i just can't say enough about it's healing possibilities. Also i hope you get Neil's meds figured out. Hang in there friend ok?

Hi Sandy:drinker: how's that suntan coming along? I know the sun isn't good for us either if we overdue but i sure love it. I can't "lay" out - i get too bored, but i'm out in it a lot in the summer with all the weeding, gardening, chain sawing, etc. I use sunscreen but there are just places i can't reach so i always end up with little strips of sunburn! lol I have 1 tattoo on my right back shoulder that i can't reach a teeny piece of:laugh:

There's not much i can do in the house this weekend - if it doesn't rain (it's supposed to) i'll be mowing and weed eating again - need to do some chain sawing as well..........i WILL make it to the gym - i'm headed there after work today. I just got done talking to my son - today is actually his 1 year anniversary for this deployment. Just 3 months to go! woo hooooooooooooo:happy: :happy: :happy: I don't mean to wish away summer but i'll sure be glad when it's around the end of September!!!!!!!
    Love you guys - hopefully i'll be on over the weekend. Everyone have a great and SAFE Memorial Day weekend. When i used to drive truck this was always the worst weekend on the road. Is it still that way Phoebe????????? I remember thinking one year it was like rush hour all the way from Council Bluffs IA to Grand Island NE on 80! :heart: elli
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Happy Friday Afternoon,:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jake is doing the laundry and cleaning the bathroom so I have some time to check in with all of you.

We’ve had a nice day getting to spend some time with our daughter walking around Old Town Eureka and looking in lots of wonderful shops. After supper I’m going to a sort of party with a friend. She reminded me to bring some food that I can eat and some tea bags so I don’t get stuck in a room full of people eating sweets and drinking wine and not know what to do. I’m bringing spicy three pepper hummus and Kashi TLC whole grain crackers.

We don’t have much planned for Memorial Day weekend except staying off the road.:laugh: :laugh:

I bought myself a new Rodney Yee yoga DVD yesterday. It has a great interview with him about yoga as more than stretching or fitness. The yoga routines are only 20 minutes long so they can fit in easily to a little space in my day (or I can do more than one or the same routine twice).

The dogs have eaten and now it’s my turn. :bigsmile:

Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Stay active, eat healthy, and be safe.

Big hugs,:heart::love:
    Barbie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Wow - Barbie, thank you for giving me that idea! Since i'm not making it to my yoga class right now i'm going to look for that 20 minute DVD - that would be perfect for me in the little house where i'm living right now!:happy: As soon as my house is done i'll go back to hot yoga, but it's so time consuming because i live 30 minutes away........Sounds like you're having such a great time and ALWAYS sticking to the plan! You are so inspiring!
    It's raining a little bit - thundering a LOT so i have the dogs in the house. one of them, Billy, is SO terrifiec of loud noises.
    I made it to the gym this afternoon and so far have stuck to good eating - now if i can just make it through the night!:grumble:
    Hope everyone's having a great Friday evening!

elli
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Elli,

The Rodney Yee DVD I bought yesterday is AM Yoga. It has five different 20 minute workouts----each emphasizing different kinds of poses (standing, twisting, etc). I got it at Target and I think you can order it from Amazon.com

the other one is Yoga for Beginners----two easy workouts each with three different audio choices with more, less, and inspirational background audio.

You helped get me started with yoga. Thank you.:heart:

Barbie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Elli,

The Rodney Yee DVD I bought yesterday is AM Yoga. It has five different 20 minute workouts----each emphasizing different kinds of poses (standing, twisting, etc). I got it at Target and I think you can order it from Amazon.com

the other one is Yoga for Beginners----two easy workouts each with three different audio choices with more, less, and inspirational background audio.

You helped get me started with yoga. Thank you.:heart:

Barbie
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Sam just left to go back to work at school. So kind of a down morning for me but I know that she will be fine. Last night we celebrated her 21st birthday. It is really on the 27th but we did what we could while she was home. I went with my wife to the Oncologist yesterday and she has to go get some more test done. He found a couple of things he wanted to get a better look at so we are now dealing with that. He said that it was not a concern for alarm but he wanted to get a better look. When it rains, it pours! We have been through the whole gambit before so we know the drill. I am certain that it will all be fine, but Day is down. On a better note, we are having some friends over on Monday and that will be fun. Later this morning we are going to the local farmers market and see what is there and then doing some lawn work.

Everyone take care and enjoy the holiday (remember the reason)! I look forward to hearing from you all!

Jeffrey
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Another competition weekend so I will be gone all day today and again tomorrow. This is the last one before Nationals in Las Vegas. :bigsmile:

Jeffrey, give Day my best and tell her she will be added to my prayers. :flowerforyou: Sometimes expectations are not what they seem, so she should take one day at a time. :smile: I am sure you miss Sam already, it is always hard to see our kids and then have them leave again.

Hope Marie is doing good and is not in any pain, just tired from her procedure. Will look forward to her coming back and telling us she is fine. God speed Marie. :heart:

Since I have so much to do before I go to competition, I am going to keep this short. Like Jeffrey, I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial weekend. We have a parade in our little town and then all go up to the Memorial park to pay tribute to the vets, young and old, active and inactive. It is very moving.
    They have some food there also but I think only hot dogs, so I don't think I will be eating. :laugh:

Be thankful for our troops and pray they all come home safely.

Sandy