T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 13

Options
theteam.gif

WEEK 13!!

goals.jpg

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it. ~ Vince Lombardi

If you are seeing this thread for the first time and would like to join "T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team", we would love to have you! Our group works hard every day to reach our goals. This means checking in through the week with our triumphs, struggles and sometimes just friendly chat. Just jump in and introduce yourself! We had several new people join our thread this past week! We restart the thread every Friday under the Motivation category. A link to the new thread will be provided Thursday evenings at the end of the previous weeks thread.

Weekly Check-in is every Friday. Post your personal sucesses (weight-loss, inches loss, ect) if you desire. Sharing your goals with us will help us know how we can provide the support you need to reach for those goals. Each of us are focusing on different things right now, the mission of this thread is to provide support and to encourage eachother to reach those goals that are important to each individual of our team. We have couch-2-5-k'ers, Sit-up challengers, push-up challengers and much more! Join in where you feel comfortable or let us know whats challenging you!

Adding stretching to your routine, if you do not already do it, will definitely benefit you in the long run and keep you from injury! Make sure you spend about 15-20 minutes warming up your muscles BEFORE a workout and the same amount of time stretching to cool down. Here is a cool little guide to give you some starter stretches if you are beginning. If you would like more, there are alot of ideas on the web. You can google the terms "stretching diagram" in images or go to youtube.com and search there. There are alot of good ones out there! Make it part of your exercise routine, its important!
stretch.gif

Visit http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more information.

******************A NEW CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!***************

I would like to throw out a new challenge for the month of May! Over the next month I will be seeing how much of my body fat percentage I can get rid of. If you would like to join me in this, just add your BMI stats below. This challenge is only for the month of May (5 weeks long). They are doing this at my gym right now for people with personal training and since I do NOT have a trainer (and cant sign up) I thought it would be fun to see how much of a difference a month can make, really putting my mind to it! :) Feel free to join me if you wish! Just "quote" and copy the latest posted information into a new post, then add your stats.

bmichallenge.gif

Losingit4good- Starting BMI 30.2 / Goal BMI 28.8 or lower.

weeklyweighin.gif

Losingit4good- SW252/GW175/CW222 - no change (grr!!)

HAVE A WONDERFULLY PRODUCTIVE & HEALTHY WEEK EVERYONE!!

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    theteam.gif

WEEK 13!!

goals.jpg

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it. ~ Vince Lombardi

If you are seeing this thread for the first time and would like to join "T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team", we would love to have you! Our group works hard every day to reach our goals. This means checking in through the week with our triumphs, struggles and sometimes just friendly chat. Just jump in and introduce yourself! We had several new people join our thread this past week! We restart the thread every Friday under the Motivation category. A link to the new thread will be provided Thursday evenings at the end of the previous weeks thread.

Weekly Check-in is every Friday. Post your personal sucesses (weight-loss, inches loss, ect) if you desire. Sharing your goals with us will help us know how we can provide the support you need to reach for those goals. Each of us are focusing on different things right now, the mission of this thread is to provide support and to encourage eachother to reach those goals that are important to each individual of our team. We have couch-2-5-k'ers, Sit-up challengers, push-up challengers and much more! Join in where you feel comfortable or let us know whats challenging you!

Adding stretching to your routine, if you do not already do it, will definitely benefit you in the long run and keep you from injury! Make sure you spend about 15-20 minutes warming up your muscles BEFORE a workout and the same amount of time stretching to cool down. Here is a cool little guide to give you some starter stretches if you are beginning. If you would like more, there are alot of ideas on the web. You can google the terms "stretching diagram" in images or go to youtube.com and search there. There are alot of good ones out there! Make it part of your exercise routine, its important!
    stretch.gif

Visit http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more information.

******************A NEW CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!***************

I would like to throw out a new challenge for the month of May! Over the next month I will be seeing how much of my body fat percentage I can get rid of. If you would like to join me in this, just add your BMI stats below. This challenge is only for the month of May (5 weeks long). They are doing this at my gym right now for people with personal training and since I do NOT have a trainer (and cant sign up) I thought it would be fun to see how much of a difference a month can make, really putting my mind to it! :) Feel free to join me if you wish! Just "quote" and copy the latest posted information into a new post, then add your stats.

bmichallenge.gif

weeklyweighin.gif

HAVE A WONDERFULLY PRODUCTIVE & HEALTHY WEEK EVERYONE!!
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options

what another good start - I really enjoy it. The quotes make me think and apply to my life and I just like thinking about them. The stretching thing is so good do. Take the advice it really does help.
    Well LI4G, thanks for the challenge on the BMI - I looked at mine and it has gone down .4 since I last look. I would love to be under the 30 mark so we will see. I will post my stats - then maybe vent a little.

SW216/GW160/CW195.4 -4.8
    STARTING BMI 31.6/GOAL 29.5

The weight loss is not as big as you all think. I had gained possibly 5.7 pounds of water weight I think (or maybe a pound was from changing scales) but this weight was stubborn - took me this week to that much go. So with the new scale I reset my numbers and am been moving on from here. I stay within my calories and maybe eat half to 3/4's of the exercise calories back. I always weigh around 5:30 on Friday morning. I have gotten at least 8 glasses of water everyday. This week as a goal - I am going to work on even healthier choices - try to stir my exercise routine up and maybe vary what I eat back of my exercise calories. I am not disappointed or beating myself up. I am just readjusting. Since the first 16 pounds my numbers have leveled off and been up more than down, I just want to see them go the other way. Any ideas, questions or help greatly appreciated. And the sodium is much better. I also have to post this. I was laying on the couch watching tv and I was looking at my ankle. I like to wear ankle bracelets. I just happen to notice the one I like to wear most was laying lower on my ankle than I had ever seen it. It made me happy. Well I will check back later
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

indianagranny - SW216/GW160/CW195.4 -4.8
    indianagranny - STARTING BMI 31.6/GOAL 29.5

dewdrop - SW133.5/GW124/CW133.5 - (re)starting
    dewdrop - S BMI20.9/G BMI - don't quite have a goal for this

A promise is a promise, right? So here I am, taking a U-turn again and hoping to get myself together :wink: . I wonder if this will take less, just or more than a lifetime :smile: .
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

although I am up I havent yet weighed in cuz I have to drive over to my dad's cuz I dont keep the scale at my house... cuz I will be looking at it all the time..

I am so excited about fitting into my shorts... Now I have to set another new goal...

I really want to thank you the TEAM, cuz you have helped me accomplish a whole lot in the last almost 2 months... I have gone from a size 30/32 to a size 24 as of last night...I havent been in a 24 in like 9yrs.. since I met my hubby..

This has been on great week for me... I shocked my Dr.. he thought I had the surgery LOL and asked me what I was doing and I told him about My awsome Team...and how you keep me accountable every Firday on weigh in... Then I got into my shorts... 2 weeks before my vacation .. so now I have to set a new goal..

well Thanks again TEAM I didnt just do this by myself... you all had a part in it...

Keep up all of your Great Work... anyway see you all in a while when I weigh in...

Sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Team...

Sheila...You're such an inspiration! What a wonderful feeling, getting into the shorts. Gave me an idea. I've been looking longingly at a pair of capris that I wore last summer...but I can't "seal the deal" this year. I think I'll hang them on my bedroom wall...
    I should only have to lose another 3 or 4 pounds before I, too, can seal the deal!
    Kristi...Like you, I find that I can't do "small bites" yet. For me, it's better to move the food right out of sight and mind...or I'm a goner.
    I haven't weighed in yet, either...Still have to have my shower. That...and I'm a bit nervous. For almost 2 weeks, I've noticed that the needle on the scale hasn't moved much. So even though I've been slightly under with my calories, I have a great fear that the needle is going to move UP.
    But I'll weigh in later this morning...

How do I find the numbers for the BMI?

Wishing everyone a wonderful surprise on the weigh-in...
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    I figured it out!

Mine is 25.4.
    So does that mean my goal is 24.4?

Cindy
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

although I am up I havent yet weighed in cuz I have to drive over to my dad's cuz I dont keep the scale at my house... cuz I will be looking at it all the time..

I am so excited about fitting into my shorts... Now I have to set another new goal...

I really want to thank you the TEAM, cuz you have helped me accomplish a whole lot in the last almost 2 months... I have gone from a size 30/32 to a size 24 as of last night...I havent been in a 24 in like 9yrs.. since I met my hubby..

This has been on great week for me... I shocked my Dr.. he thought I had the surgery LOL and asked me what I was doing and I told him about My awsome Team...and how you keep me accountable every Firday on weigh in... Then I got into my shorts... 2 weeks before my vacation .. so now I have to set a new goal..

well Thanks again TEAM I didnt just do this by myself... you all had a part in it...

Keep up all of your Great Work... anyway see you all in a while when I weigh in...

Sheila

YOU did do this! We are just your cheerleaders. :flowerforyou: Congratulations! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

get_fit2009 - SW 175/gw 140/ CW 165.5 - up a pound (it's ok, TOM)
    I'll have to get back to you on the BMI thing. Last I checked I am hovering on the border between healthy weight and overweight.

Ok, gotta go change my ticker to keep me honest...:ohwell:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I'll have to get back to you on the BMI thing. Last I checked I am hovering on the border between healthy weight and overweight.

jamierobertson - SW 195/ GW 155/ CW 187.8.....0lbs again!
    I'll have to do the same and get back on the BMI thing. I need to figure out how to get that number?

So team, I am feeling frustrated. :explode: :angry: This is week 4 with no change in my weight. I changed up my workout routine and still nothing. I just feel like I have to be doing something wrong for the scale to not be moving after 1 month. I hope to measure myself this weekend.....
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Sheila

WHOOOOOO SHEILA! I read your awesome news and wanted you to know we are all doing a happy dance for you! Great job!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'll have to do the same and get back on the BMI thing. I need to figure out how to get that number?

In the main menu from MFP, there's a tab called "Tools". Once you click it, you get another menu, one of the 3 tabs being "BMI". I bet you're at a healthy number :wink: .
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I'll have to do the same and get back on the BMI thing. I need to figure out how to getit that number?

nitag - SW 220/gw 145/cw190 - thats a 3 lb loss but its been 2 weeks
    nitag - BMI Today 32.6 / Goal 25.0 or less

Great start LI4G....

I am off to walk...
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Cyndee- Sometimes at work when I’m hungry I’ll have a cup of hot water and many times it works. As for the lunches out. It’s a lifestyle change not a diet. We have to learn to incorporate new eating habits into our everyday life. I hope your friend was willing to go for healthier options next time=) I can respect if you were feeling too tempted to pass this time. Maybe next week you’ll feel stronger.

Dwray- Oh yeah I do see the blue. Fun. My daughter did blue hair before. I can’t wait to see her creativity when she starts cosmetology school. Dang I just gave her license to do sassy stuff with my hair. Now I’m scared.

Manda- welcome! Congrats on your 2 lbs

Indiana-nice workout and the fish..thumbs up! Sometimes the body gets comfortable and adjusts. Try mixing it up. I’ve done this and it really helps. Its called the zig zag method. You can probably google it. You vary your calories from day to do. Say your set at 1200 calories a day and you always do 300 in exercise. Add those up for the week then vary your days. Eat 1500 one day 1200 one day maybe a 1700 day. The goal is for the week to balance out. Of course you’ll eat a lower day the day before weigh in. It keeps the body guessing. Another idea is you may want to eat all your exercise calories. You could be going into starvation mode. It’s a tool. May or may not work for you. We are so unique.

Sheila- CONGRATULATIONS! Doing the happy dance for you. That is a fabulous non-scale victory. We need to celebrate those.

Kristi- I love your boss! That is great.

Dewdrop- it’s a new day. Glad your embracing it=)

Getfit- not bad 1 lb for tom

Jamie-Might I encourage the zig zag method I mentioned to Indiana above. Might be worth confusing your body. Also if we keep the same exercise routine it does the same. The body adapts. When ever I train for a marathon or triathlon I build up 3 weeks then taper back one week. Confuses the body and gives it time to recover.

OK, off to pack. Leaving town for my marathon. Marathon is Sunday. If I never post again you'll know I died trying:embarassed: I'm going to do my best. I'm working on positive self talk. I'm going to pay attention to my body. My goal is to finish. My goal is to work through the aches and pains for the run but be respectful of my health issues at the same time.

New goals:
    Goals: 1/2 lb weight loss per week
    Exercise: p90x, back to swimming, reduce running, increase cycling
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options

the BUT was not necessary. 3lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Congratulations.
  • jamielbeck
    Options

In the main menu from MFP, there's a tab called "Tools". Once you click it, you get another menu, one of the 3 tabs being "BMI". I bet you're at a healthy number :wink: .

Thank you Dewdrop!

Ok, so my BMI is 27.7 and I am Over. It says a target weight range for my height is 125.3-169.3. I am 5'9'' and have a hard time believing 125lbs at my height is healthy....
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Oh! My BMI goal is to enter into healthy range....25.0
    :smile:
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Okay...

SW:136 GW:115 CW: I'll get back to you in a bit...
    BMI: Start: 25.4 Goal in 1 month:24.4

I think I got that right.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Thank you Dewdrop!

Ok, so my BMI is 27.7 and I am Over. It says a target weight range for my height is 125.3-169.3. I am 5'9'' and have a hard time believing 125lbs at my height is healthy....

Jamie, My daughter is 24 and is 5'9 and weighs 120 and it IS TOO SKINNY!! I tell her all the time she is too skinny... She is a size 2.... I would say 130 or 135....

Here is a pic of her at Christmas about 130 and she looks good..

kasey.jpg
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

BMI is 27.7 My BMI goal is to enter into healthy range....25.0

Mandy1111 - down 2 pounds

cyndeebee - SW:136 GW:115 CW: I'll get back to you in a bit...

adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 243.3 - no change AGAIN
    BMI is 38.1 I don't have a goal this month for BMI except for it to get lower. I'm on week 2 or 3 of no change, like Jamie, and it's making me nervous... but with a trainer now I think I might see some changes!

For those of you who asked how I burned so many cals... have you seen my weight? Seriously, the bigger you are, the more cals you burn. It's that simple. No magic, dangit, and if there was, I would certainly share with my team!!!

Ate at subway last night, and had the whole footlong chicken teriyaki (think it's the first time I ever ate the whole thing, I was hungry!) and a yogurt. Still within cals, over on sodium though (stupid teriyaki). I ate half and then waited awhile, decided I was still hungry, ate the other half, but it was a bit too much. Next time I know to eat 3/4 of it if I'm really hungry. Then went to Costco, which is fun with two six yr olds and a 3 yr old... but got our staples for a few weeks, at least. Still have to hit Winco for fruit and veggies and stuff! Argh!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options

BMI is 27.7 My BMI goal is to enter into healthy range....25.0

Mandy1111 - down 2 pounds

cyndeebee - SW:136 GW:115 CW: I'll get back to you in a bit...

adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 243.3 - no change AGAIN
    BMI is 38.1 I don't have a goal this month for BMI except for it to get lower. I'm on week 2 or 3 of no change, like Jamie, and it's making me nervous... but with a trainer now I think I might see some changes!

Chantybear - SW148/GW 127/CW 133.5 - Not really any change, but happy I did not gain!
    BMI: Start: 24.3/ Current: 21.9/ Goal: 20.8

I changed my goal weight to 127, instead of 125....I think it is a better number for me.:smile:

Good job everyone!!!