T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 13

Options
14567810»

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thought I would jump in here & get some help with weight-loss motivation. I'm going to the gym 4 evenings a week..2 for a 1 hr. dance & yoga class & 2 for 45 min. Spin Cycling. Doing good with the exercise. I journal breakfast, lunch & snacks, but don't want to even think about what I eat for dinner. Which is where my problem is...no weight loss. I'm furious with myself because I do so good until I get home from the gym & I just can't seem to get it all together the rest of the evening. HELP!!!:cry:

Just a thought, do you fuel before you get to th gym? What about eatng a pretty good snack before you go to the gym - something with some protein and maybe complex carbs. Or a good quality bar of some kind, or some peanutbutter on wheat bread... It sounds like your workout is pretty well draining you. If you can't eat before the gym, how about eating something like that on the way home (have it in the car so you don't have to stop for it and get sucked into the fast food habit) to kind of take the edge off your hunger? Also, in another thread, 4suredistime mentioned that when she allows herself t get too hungry, she tries to be vey careful and mindful about eating, especially at the beginning of her meal. So, she drinks a glass of water before the meal and then takes her first few bites sowly and deliberately, chewing fully, setting down the fork, etc. After a few minutes, that intense hunger subsides and you can enjoy a normal meal.

Ya gotta journa those evening meals, cuz that helps you look honestly at yourself. (Speaking from experience - when I stop journaling I am in a relapse, even if I haven't eaten the wrong stuff yet!) Those are just some idas. I also recommend you get some strength training in with your cardio. That wll build muscle, and muscle keeps our metabolisms perking along at a more rapid rate.

There are a lot of very experienced losers on this thread, so I am confident you will get some good ideas! Good luck, and join us regularly!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Get better Sheila!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Chanty, good to see you! I thought of you a breakfast this morning! I made a burrito out of a rosemary tortilla from La Tortilla Factory (lots of fiber!) I used an egg and a white, a cup of spinach, an artichoke heart, a couple of cherry tomatoes, and a little cheese. Instead of meat, I used some raw lentils. Very yummy! And, its gonna be with me a while - very filling!

How are you?
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just woke up. Man I am drained today. Went to bed early last night and slept the whole night through. This wogging sure wears me out and makes me sleep good on the nights I do it. Even been having some funky dreams about kittens being born in wierd places. LOL I can always tell Im tired when I have wierd dreams! Today my bod is saying "you need a break" so Im gonna listen to it. Its normally my day off from the gym anyway's. Will definitely put in my 30 minute walk later this afternoon around the neighborhood.

Toni- StillKristi gave some great advice. The only thing I can add to that is to plan your meals ahead of time, including dinner. Its easier to stick to a plan when you have one in place. Maybe try a protien smoothie, a glass of milk (choc is my fav), some nuts & fruit or a protien bar after your workout to take the edge off and make sure you are drinking plenty of water during the day, especially during your workout. I workout in the mornings after breakfast and always have my am snack right after the gym. If I dont, I will eat too much for lunch or snack too much during the day between lunch and dinner. For dinner, try to fill up on veggies instead of other things. If you feel like you need to eat alot in the evenings, eat all the veggies you want with dinner and some protien. When Im especially hungry in the evenings I go for a good sized bowl of homemade soup made with lots of veggies. Since its hot, it makes it hard to eat it fast and its very filling with low calories.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Toni, LI4G made me think of one more thing - eat the bulk of your carbs in the morning. Dinner should be veggies (yes, they are carbs, but not like grains) and protein.
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Stillkristi & LI4G - Thank you for your concern & great advice. I think I'll start taking a Kashi bar to eat in the car going home & see if that helps. I almost always eat an apple or lite yogurt before I workout & drink lots of water during. I don't get home until 6:30 or after, so eating late is a problem, too. Just telling someone about this & getting your replies helps soooo much. I'll keep in touch.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Toniann- we are here to encourage you. Your doing fantastic on your output of calories. Now to log those morsels. The snack in the car for the ride home is a great idea. Here is another trick I do to make the tummy feel full: a carbonated no cal drink. I had given up diet soda but I'm back to it again. The bubbles help me=) We've really got to get intouch with what will work for us individualy. You can do it!

swray- no problem. there are chair dancing videos by jodi stlove that are great for when one is less mobile. still might have areas that you may have to skip (like if a leg raise is in order). I did the yoga and my shoulders were burning. we have these for our patients at work. www.chairdancing.com

Kristi- good sound advice. also that breakfast sounded yummy!

Chanty- nice to see your bright smilling face.

L4G- I love to hear you listen to your body. Its key. I can attest that by late week I am darn exhausted with all the running and other training. LOL at you sneaking chocolate milk into another post=)

Still maintaining less in and more out.
    Can I tell you I am just sooooo ready to weigh in tomorrow. Its been a long time since I've said that. It will be a good week. Then looking for forward progress of any amount after this week.
    I got fantastic news today. The goal with people who have Chronic Kidney Disease is to maintain or have as little loss of kidney function as possible. Gaining any function is such a rareity and minute at that. I wanted to see if all my marathon training negatively impacted my health. Low and behold it increased 11% which is unreal. Doing the happy dance!
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way...already started planning my dinner & listing it. May eat 100 calorie popcorn going home from the gym.:wink:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I think Sheila gave me an icky stomach through MFP.. I've had an upset stomach all afternoon :sick: not to mention I still have this dang headache... :explode:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Prayerful- holy cow!! 11% is great!! Thats a good improvement! Congrats!!

I have to say I am VERY proud of myself today. I sat down and organized my giant pack of coupons into a binder and that kept my hands busy. Being not a gym day and not having much else to do (the weather is wet, so no gardening for me) I had to find something to keep my hands occupied so they werent cramming crap in my mouth. Well, Its now 5:00 and I can say, I ate good today. Stuck to my calories and have been fighting the urge to snack. I ate lunch around 1:30, so I was starting to get hungry a few minutes ago. My son was eating a carrot with some ranch dip and I was like 'ooooh that looks gooood!!" so I started digging in the fridge and found an artichoke!! Woohoo!! Im steaming it now and made some of my plain yogurt/dill/tomato dip to go with it. Dinner isnt for another couple hours, but my son is making burgers, so Im not gonna have one. I'll find something else. Just the work of pulling it apart and dipping it will give me that "snacking senation" that Ive been fighting all day..and for so little calories..... Im so excited!! Is that just wrong or what??! :laugh:

Sheila & nitag- Get better soon. I feel for ya guys!! That bug sucks!!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! :happy:
    We just got back from a long walk.......to Ritas! Whoo! It was finally nice out today so we (my friend, our dogs, and significant others) to talk a walk and the guys are more likely to join in when there's a destination. :wink:
    Sheila - I hope you feel better! Everyone else I hope you had awesome days!
    Jamie :flowerforyou:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Sheila and Anita - feel better soon!

Stillkristi – go for it! Bike riding! Thanks for the inspiration too! I have a bike buried in the shed outside...race ya!

Lulubar – hurray for movement! I feel the same way. The TV no longer interests me. I can play with my daughter or do my exercises and not miss the shows I used to die for. It’s a process...I try to remember the long term results. I was at my current goal weight a few years ago but didn’t stay because it didn’t make me happy. I feel much better/at peace this time around.

Li4g – wow! Love the before and after pictures. You are incredible! Loved to read the changes you have seen too.

My list includes:
    1. I can wog for 60 minutes. I can cover 4.2 miles and feel tired but refreshed.
    2. Exercise is a regular part of my life.
    3. My legs are getting smoother.
    4. My face feels tight and smooth (glowing).
    5. I can fit into my old “too small” clothes now.
    6. I can plan meals and stick to them even when I’m tired.
    7. I do not eat without thinking or binge to relieve the stress.
    8. I can enjoy cake and treats when I choose and not feel guilty.

Chantybear – congrats on the wedding!

Prayerfulmom – great idea to get church people moving! I swear that’s all we do,,,eat,eat,eat! Congrats too on the 11% healthier you! And thanks for the double dog dare. I will get back to you on that.

This is my rest day and boy does it feel good. I planned my meals to stay at 1,200 calories and I did it the last two days. I am very pleased with myself and do not feel hungry or deprived. :smokin:

For the last year I was on medication that limited my vitamin K (broccoli, cabbage). This week has been the first time I can eat these things and not worry. Who knew you could get a craving to pig out on broccoli???? Just tell yourself you can't have something I guess. :bigsmile:

Good night all, see you at weigh in tomorrow.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Ok, all you sickie poos, don't e-breathe on me! I hope you feel better, Sheila and Anita!

I drove 9 - count 'em - 9 hours yesterday, but my baby is home from college now so it was worth it. I got up and worked out this morning, and I thought it would feel good because I sat so much yesterday. However, I ate very little and drank very little water because we didn't want to stop on the way home. So I had NOTHING in the tank for my workout this morning. It felt awful. So, lots of water and some more whole grains today to get a bit of energy. I am going to go to bed early, too.

Tomorrow I fly out to CA for my Dad's 80th and Mother's Day. It will be fun, but it's more sitting in a car and on a plane. My butt will not be happy from all the sitting, so I will make sure to run it some.

I am very excited for the weigh in tomorrow, I finally feel like the scale will budge. Here's hopin'! :wink:

Everyone have a great night! :flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    What a day!

LI4G - I am so proud of you for having such a good day and doing so well. I wish I could say the same. Just one of those day where I feel so heavy and don't want to do anything. T hanks for listing the differences you see in you - AND my the way your pictures are awesome YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita - Sheila - hope you get to feeling better

healthlymom - I enjoyed seeing what you have noticed too. May be realize some more things going on in my own body.

Jamie - way to go on the walk

get- fit hoping you see movement in the scale.

Well I think I am going to crash on the couch with my water. It had been an awesome beginning of the week but the end has sucked. I found out just a few minutes ago TOM arrives sometime next week and that has answered my own question ask to why I feel like I am carrying 500 pounds of water around with me. I need a boost of energy or swift kick or something please.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Prayerful ~ :flowerforyou: :heart: :happy: :smile: What a fantastic report on your health ~ I happy dancing with you! (I'll let you lead and I'll try not to step on your toes:bigsmile: )

Li4g ~ You are lookin' pretty fab! If you lived closer I'd put you on my shoulders (your feet would drag the gound:laugh: ) and take you on a victory lap!

Adopt4 ~ Wow, I did your exercises today ( along with Prayerful's stretches) and I've gotta a feeling I'm going to be really sore!!:tongue: Thanks for sharing! I love getting new ways to shake this up!

Kristi - Donde esta? Where are you?

Indiana ~ Should I put on my padded slipper? Or just bring you a nice energy drink? TOM is just something to work through ~ don't let it take you down!

Get-fit ~ Yaaayyyy! All the chicks are in the nest! That feels soooo good! Happy for you ~ and have a great time this weekend - happy birthday to your dad, enjoy every minute:heart:

Sheila and Nita ~ My daughter had a bug all last week, stomach stuff and head stuff and fever that came and went. Her roommate had it too and her doc gave her an antiviral, but my daughter didn't go to the doc and rode it out (bull headed, that one) and just today was feeling 80% herself ~ :ohwell: Just sharing to say, don't let it go on and on - you may need the doc. Feel better.

Hey Jamie - Who's Rita and why did the guys wanna go see her?:smokin: I need to know!

Healthymom ~ Great list!!!! What great accomplishments!! We get better every day, every day, every day!:heart:

Dwray - Howdy girl!

Chanty ~ What is healthymom talking about?? Did I miss something?? Spill the details!

later gaters
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way...already started planning my dinner & listing it. May eat 100 calorie popcorn going home from the gym.:wink:

toniann~ Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know if the trick works to keep you night time hunger at bay! We're routing for you!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LOL.. Thanks Lulu!! Maybe we can just run the lap together? :laugh:

Here's the new thread for tomorrow...

See ya'll there!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/52343-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-14
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Morgolis is totally NOT being fair!!
    He just went and got a bowl of rocky road ice cream and sat down next to me.

Me: Whatcha got there?
    him: Ice cream
    Me: That is so not cool!!
    Him: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DogYesissues.jpg
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    In a way this week has been harder. My school shut down for three days because of the flu scare and that has caused me to be at home with a world of temptations. I have been getting up at the regular time and tring to stick to my regular diet but there have been a few hitches. Also my knees have been giving my trouble. I'm going to see the docter about them.

This is how I did:
    CW 182, SW 195, GW 130
    BMI 30.3 I don't know what it was at the begining og the week forgot to check.

If I loose 1 more lbs I'll be over weight instead of obease, that is a big motivator for me. thanks for the support.

manda C