How to drink more water

Options
124»

Replies

• darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone stated but don't underestimate fruits and veggies that contain water. That is a great way to get your water as well.

maybe a good way to get your water.. but is the trade off in calories worth it ?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!!! YOU DONT NEED IT! There is NO SCIENTIFIC evidence that you need 8 glasses of water. it comes from a study that was misquoted about total liquid needed. the study mentioned MOST people will get MOST of their liquid from their FOOD. Google "8 cups myth" or something similar. Do your own research. If you LIKE drinking all taht water, do it. if not, DONT! Stop guilting people into it. Tea, coffee, crystal light, soda, everything but alcohol count for water... it's mostly water. :-)

This is ridiculous.

Research why water is so important to the human body. Skin, brain function, digestion and elimination, etc.
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    try adding flavoring to it but make sure its low calorie thats helps with getting the water down im not a water drinker either or u can get flavored water fruit2o
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I eat a LOT of spicy food...
  • backtothefisher
    Options
    Something to remember is that 8 cups is NOT 8 big glasses of water. It's 8 - 8oz cups (64 oz) of water. So 3 - 20 oz plastic bottles of water practically get's you to your 64 oz. That's just 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch, 1 with dinner! If you're like me and love soda, at a restaurant, order both - one glass of water, one soda (since water's free anyway!). Be Strong and Courageous!
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like the water from my new frig, so that's helping. Getting good water is a start.

I put just a pinch of a powdered drink in water sometimes (like Arizona tea, Propel, etc).

I drink very weak, black tea. Steep it until it's a pretty shade of brown, not dark. Just a few dunks if the water is truly hot.

Add 1/2 a lemon and some stevia to water.

Hot cocoa with stevia.

Espresso coffee with 1 c. milk (unfortunately I'm addicted again)
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I grab 6 bottles every night, put 2 celestial seasonings berry zinger tea bags in each of them, and a few drops of berry stevia. Fabulous!
  • sbcass
    sbcass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some days I do have slower days but for the most part, I drink at least 15. I also have OCD-like tendencies so everything with my fitness is on some sort of schedule!!