What's the one thing you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    coffee (even though I drink it black, no sugar) and pasta even if I cook it simple with little (olive oil or coconut oil...

and some day off...to keep my sanity
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. My family and boyfriend have made comments about me cutting out pasta and cupcakes (I bake A LOT) but I haven't cut them out, just cut down. I eat everything in moderation and make better choices these days, but I haven't cut anything out.

This.
  • Krister0506
    Options
    Pepsi. But in my defense I have went from drinking 6 cans, yes 6, to drinking a can and a half. So dont judge me as so many do. I just cant do it. And no diet pepsi is not an option. 31 years of pepsi is hard to break.

I was a horrible addict to Pepsi also....I made sure to tell myself I can have one if I want, but only if I work it off :) I refused to give it up completely, but like you, I drank a lot of it daily. I do not remember the last time I actually drank a whole can in a day now!!
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I just eat the things I really really love in moderation. If I gave up those things I would just want them more.
  • sarai79
    sarai79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Vodka :smokin:
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    coffee

I drink 3-4 cups black everyday
  • surfswellrider
    surfswellrider Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • birdieman75
    birdieman75 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weekend Beers with the wife, I love real ales and just don't want to not live life without a few beers on a weekend.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    Wine
  • Careolyn
    Careolyn Posts: 61
    Options
    wine and cheese whiz!
  • lupizzle00
    lupizzle00 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying this: I have a 6 & 4yr old. I drop them off at 6:30am every morning, come to work at 7am, pick up the 4yr old during my lunch, drive him to my mom's (babysitter), pick up lunch, eat at the office, work till 4pm, pick up the 4yr old, get home, wash dishes, do a quick clean up of the house, leave to pick up my 6yr old from an afterschool program at 5:30, get dinner, get home, change, go to the gym, home, shower, bed. By that time its about 9:30-10pm and I have to be up at 5am. So after all that, please understand me why I REFUSE to give up my energy drinks! LOL
  • birdieman75
    birdieman75 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying this: I have a 6 & 4yr old. I drop them off at 6:30am every morning, come to work at 7am, pick up the 4yr old during my lunch, drive him to my mom's (babysitter), pick up lunch, eat at the office, work till 4pm, pick up the 4yr old, get home, wash dishes, do a quick clean up of the house, leave to pick up my 6yr old from an afterschool program at 5:30, get dinner, get home, change, go to the gym, home, shower, bed. By that time its about 9:30-10pm and I have to be up at 5am. So after all that, please understand me why I REFUSE to give up my energy drinks! LOL

I am tired just reading that...
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Pizza & burgers. I have both atleast once a week.
  • libragj
    libragj Posts: 12
    Options
    Half and Half in my coffee. I just use Land O Lakes fat free now! yum
  • KA29
    KA29 Posts: 54
    Options
    Cheese, I LOVE LOVE cheese!! My husband teases me that I am part mouse :laugh:
    I just try healthier cheese (Kraft 2%, Laughing Cow& Baby Bell mainly) and reduced portions / healthier items to pair it with if it's a cheese spread.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    half and half in my coffee! I do measure it, but I have to have my coffee that creamy color or I feel sorry for myself drinking it black. I gave up greek honey yogurt so I could keep my half and half in my coffee.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My one cup of coffee with creamer or with Half and Half and 3 splenda.

Whats the point of bitter coffee? I need my coffee, not only for the caffine, for the relaxation I feel when I have it.
  • jennine611
    Options
    A great big AMEN to that!
  • BigCat175
    BigCat175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bananas!
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. My family and boyfriend have made comments about me cutting out pasta and cupcakes (I bake A LOT) but I haven't cut them out, just cut down. I eat everything in moderation and make better choices these days, but I haven't cut anything out.
    I agree 100% with your philosophy... I am looking to make life changes, so I do not believe that it will work long term. If I cut things out completely. I would feel deprived and probably go crazy & binge on them. I am all about changing my white breads to wheat or whatever, but I don't think it's realistic to set out saying I am not going to ever have... say chocolate again... so that too... makes me think ok, dark choc. mini's here and there.... everything in moderation... this way you don't have to stress about how "your diet" fits in with lifestyles of everyone around you... and at restaurants... etc. Ultimately I look at it... as... you eat it, you work it off!!!