What's the one thing you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Cheese. Full-fat, delicious cheese.

I haven't really given up anything, though. If I want it, I have it - in moderation.
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Beer! I will gladly cut back on my food intake to indulge myself with tasty craft beer. :drinker:
  • kcantella
    Options
    I won't give up or moderate the honey in my tea. Other things like dark chocoalte or light beer I will just have in moderation. Some days at the end of the day that Coors Light or chocalte has saved me! LOL
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of things I won't give up. If I want it or crave it, I have it. Just in a controlled portion. I'm probably never going to give up on cake or ice cream, but I might only have one or the other once every couple of months..
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Hands down cheese... .the good stuff...
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything either - just cut back on amounts and frequency. When people ask me if I'm on a diet I always say 'No, I'm just not eating as much." The word diet immediate puts me into starvation mode - at least in my head. I want to eat EVERYTHING!!!! But if I continue to eat the same things, but less, it doesn't have that same trigger.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced that if I start giving up the things that I like, that I'll become miserable. A healthy lifestyle but being miserable is not a path to happiness. I agree with those who've posted that they eat/drink what they like but in moderation. It's the totality of what we eat and how we exercise that matters. And, to stay happy throughout!

This! :bigsmile:
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wine!
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!!!!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Starbucks!
  • Terryb77
    Terryb77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nothing... eating smaller amounts and more often. Drink more Water and maybe 1 or 2 Sodas a week:happy:
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything because I know it won't last so what's the point? For me personally, it works better to learn how to enjoy things I love in moderation instead of just cutting them out completely. I think the only thing I have totally given up is soda because I hate drinking my calories and I don't like it that much anyway. I still have the occasional diet soda though. :)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    wine, champagne, and sugar in my coffee...I went on a splenda kick, but then wondered how bad a tsp of sugar every morning really was....compared to the chemicals and artificial stuff in splenda/sweeteners. As long as I log everything then it shouldn't matter
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I tried but I love the stuff so now I just have less of it and partake less frequently.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    RED WINE..........I will not give it up for nuttin!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I absolutely refuse to give up all my favorite foods. Fast food, fried food, you name it. I will continue to enjoy it all, but just within reason for my activity level.
  • tonihayden
    Options
    soda...............
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I actualy cut out soda but other than that I haven't cut anything out of my new life. I just what I want in moderation and since 95% of my life is healthy the other 5% can have what it wants in moderation. Sweets included :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Nothing, which is why I think it is working this time.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up being to sexy for my shirt. Its soo sexy it hurts.