What's the one thing you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. My family and boyfriend have made comments about me cutting out pasta and cupcakes (I bake A LOT) but I haven't cut them out, just cut down. I eat everything in moderation and make better choices these days, but I haven't cut anything out.
    THIS! When people cut out food they love and crave I feel it makes falling off the wagon much more likely! I still have a glass of red wine with dinner, I still order the occasional pizza, I still eat chocolate. I make sure on days with these not so great choices that I work out a bit longer to make up for it, or I save room to make sure I stay within my calories. It makes me a much happier person in the long run knowing I can still have what I love. And it works, I have lost 32 pounds and yes, I still enjoy pepperoni pizza!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Right off the bat, it's rice- we Asians :heart: rice. With the coffee cream, yeah I can't do black.

Like people already stated, you give up on the things you love, this whole thing will fail. Everything in moderation to succeed.
  • tilliesmom9
    Options
    Wine!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Carbs are not the devil's work. And Giving up. I have refused to give up.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Mexican food...sorry guys, I just love it, and I refuse to let it go. I just work it into my cals whenever I can, as maybe a twice a month treat!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    There are several... because I don't believe this is a "diet" per se... it's a lifestyle, and we have to live within that lifestyle.

Starbucks lattes and beers are the main 2 that I will NEVER give up.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I refuse to completely give up wine, however I am limiting it to a glass on the weekend instead of every night. :-)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't have any "off-limits" foods except for those I am allergic to (which, sadly, is a lot).

Chocolate, however, is something I have to incorporate into every day if I want to remain even relatively sane... or at least if I want to be convincing at pretending I am relatively sane.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say real sugar in my coffee. I've tried all the artificial sweeteners and just can't deal with the taste.
    Took me a while to get used to Splenda but I refuse to work out for honey in my tea and sugar in my latte so I'm dealing with it. :/
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have not given up unhealthy foods, but have cut right back on them. The one thing I have to have every day is Diet Coke.
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I refuse to give up much of anything lol. I'll exercise portion control but that's the best I'm willing to do.. If I had to choose on thing though, it would be white bread. I just can't stomach wheat or whole grain :sick:
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    If I have to give something up then this "life change" won't really last for a lifetime...I cannot deprive myself of something I love forever, so I just try to cut down and moderation is the key! :)
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke 1-3 cans a day
  • crankyrobot
    crankyrobot Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying about moderation. There are some things I enjoy that I have really cut out (if not totally, then at least very drastically), like greasy Chinese food, any fast food really, and anything with MSG. Knowing (or not knowing) all the crud that goes into that food isn't really worth the taste, and I know there are healthier alternatives.

But half & half, now that is there to stay.
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    pizza!!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have not stopped eating particular foods because of diet, but because of indigestion. One particular food that I will eat, is pizza. 1-1 1/2 slices is my limit and I savor every bite. But I can only have it once a month or less.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say real sugar in my coffee. I've tried all the artificial sweeteners and just can't deal with the taste.

I had the same issue, and..believe it or not..honey in coffee is the bees knees. Now, it does give it a different flavor, but it is still delicious :)
  • linguist98
    Options
    HOPE!
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options

This :)
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! Skinny Cow products have saved me time and again. :heart:
    I'll have to agree with her.