What's the one thing you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• crankyrobot
    crankyrobot Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    crystal meth and big mac snack wraps.

haha, aren't these the same thing? :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything, just maybe lessened the frequency. :wink:
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    Pepsi max for me. I've tried so hard to cut em out and although they're calorie free, I always feel naughty having a can.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!! I will not give up NOTHING!!....

double negative, I know but I'm cool like that :smokin:
  • liljgrafix
    liljgrafix Posts: 177
    Options
    the only thing i really gave up was soda. but that is so bad for you to begin with. if i want to eat something i know my moderation and then i make sure it fits into my calories for the day and what i have to work off. but all together, i dont want to eat as much unhealthy foods. that is just a preferance. but its not like Im giving it up. its just a life style change. if i really want to eat it i will.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have always refused to stop drinking whatever I want (I say "always" because the very beginning of weight loss for me was over 5 years ago). I try to pay attention to the calories in drinks, and if I just absolutely must have a vanilla bean frappucino [only strikes in the summer, anyway], I'll make it nonfat and go with a Tall.

No way I'm giving up craft beer, red wine, or the Diet Coke people so love to get on their high horses about. I want to lose weight, but I also want to enjoy ilfe!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I will not go without my Coffeemate Italian Sweet Cream creamer in my coffee. If it means I have to exercise more to make up for it, then I will!

Coffeemate Italian Sweet Cream creamer - whether its in coffee or Lipton Raspberry black tea. NEVER GIVING IT UP.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Anything lol moderation is the key. But if anyone touches the sugar and milk in my coffee it will get ugly lol
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. My family and boyfriend have made comments about me cutting out pasta and cupcakes (I bake A LOT) but I haven't cut them out, just cut down. I eat everything in moderation and make better choices these days, but I haven't cut anything out.

ditto. Silly family thinking we have to give up what we love..
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I havent given up anything and refuse to give up anything, well except diet soda only because it is not healthy. If i want something and I dont have enough calories for it I just work harder =) This is a lifestyle change not a diet! If I give up things it wont last long so because of this I will not EVER give up anything =)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Everything. I am ok with eating everything in moderation. It means that I wouldn't have a 6 pack, but I am ok with that.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything.

I am with you!! If I want it, I eat it. Nothing is off limits. But I track everything. I have tried to give up things in the past and they be come the one thing that I crave. this approach has worked best for me.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Morning coffee with fancy creamers. I have 2-year old twins, it's my fortification.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Coffee!

Though I have eliminated creamer, and substituted Splenda with Agave Nectar (natural sweetener, sans the glycemic "sugar buzz")

I have, however, given up Diet Pepsi. Totally! And that's huge for me!

Not just for MFP, but for ALL of the reasons it is unhealthy!

~I did the research~
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    chocolate and ice cream, with moderation of course :)
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    BREAD! I am a carb-eatin fool. I have given up Dr Pepper though which was the. hardest. thing. ever. But I'll never go out to dinner and not eat my Texas toast. Nope.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Pizza! Although now I have it once a week or less.

In high school (I was around 180ish towards the end), I'd eat entire bag of lays potato chips and an Elios pizza after school. YECH.
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    coffee with any flavor of creamer. i like variation :-)
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.....give me chocolate or give me death!:smile: