5*9 to 5*11 women

Replies

• Thanks so much for this post ladies! I'm 5'10 and currently 229. I'm GOING to get down to 160. It's so nice to see how much progress other women my height have made and also very inspiring!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    oooooooooo I love this thread! :love: I can't wait to post my success story someday!

I'm 5'9 and used to hover right around 160, but after two kids I'm up to 275 and slowly coming back down and aiming for 150-160.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Hey everyone!!

I am 35 years old and I'm 5'9.5 (I swear I was 5'10 before...maybe after yoga I will get that 1/2 inch back!!) Right now I am 180 - the heaviest I have ever been with the exception of when I was pregnant with my kids. I had hip surgery to fix cartilage damage due to hip dysplasya in December of 2010 and I have been gaining weight ever since. My goal is to get to 145. At one point I was 125 and that was icky skinny and I had no muscle tone what so ever. :( I've been doing yoga twice a week and Zumba 5 times a week. I'm going to get some wieght off and then start strength training with my Mom.
  • lae1227
    lae1227 Posts: 30
    I'm 5'11, 188 lbs trying to get back to 165. Glad I found this thread for inspiration, you guys look great!

Agreed us tall girls rock!! I'm 5'10 & am aiming for 155-160.
  • sgraves06
    sgraves06 Posts: 31 Member
    Hey girls! I am 5'9". My starting weight an entire year ago was 186lbs. I now weigh in at 155lbs. When I set out to get healthy, I actually set my goal weight at 155lbs. Now that I am there, I just can't wait to improve more and more. It really does become a lifestyle change. I had never in my life been active until last year. It has changed my life.

I actually just started P90X. I am on week 4. The reason I say that is that if you would have told me a year ago that I would be down 31 lbs, and doing P90X... I would have laughed in your face. So..... no goal is out of reach girls! You can do whatever you put your mind to, I am proof!

My new goal weight is 145. But, more than the number on the scale, I am working towards a lean, toned body. I will definitely post photos when I complete P90X. I also have my progress photos up until now on my profile.

Awesome post girls! You are all doing great :)
  • StephanieAnne7
    StephanieAnne7 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'9 and 1/2 (the half count ;)

SW: 235
    CW:195
    GW:160

It took me a little over 3 months to lose my first 30 pounds. I took a break due to some health issue and I am back on to battle this weight once and for all! Only 35 more pounds to go!
  • v0ss3
    v0ss3 Posts: 11 Member
    5'10"

SW 250
    CW 230
    GW 150

have lost and gained more than once, trying to be patient and consistent :)
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Hello ladies! Im 5'9 and my stats are below, I was arond 120 in hs and could wear anthing and was a size 5-7, id like to get back to maybe 145ish
    SW 198
    CW 166
    GW 140-150
  • teimo
    teimo Posts: 44
    TRULY INSPIRING!!!!!
  • tadnor
    tadnor Posts: 54 Member
    I'm 5'9", but I'm not all the way to a "success" story yet, so I'll hold off on pictures!

SW: 530 pounds
    CW: 291 pounds
    GW: 180 pounds

Just 111 pounds left!

You are already a fantastic success story! Wow!!!
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    started about 18 months ago at mmmmmm 226, started running, bounced between 205-215 for a long time.Took a Zumba class and got inspired by the instructor to get into weight training, so I started the New Rules of Lifting for Women around March of last year. I got her to train me and I started in August of 2011 at 177. Went onstage at 144 in November and December.
    Since then I've put on about 2 pounds of muscle and leaned out, so I will do my next show in a couple weeks at 138.
    I currently wear a comfortable size 4. I don't really have any problems on maintenance and I am a sugar fiend (I resist most days, tho :))
    I USED to think I was 5'11 but it turns out I'm 5'9 1/2....still good enough to get into the tall classes!

It's VERY doable and VERY worth it!.

Excalibur2011.jpg
  • toonboon
    toonboon Posts: 7 Member
    I have been at this about 3 and half months.

Height: 5'9.5

SW: 330
    GW: 175
    CW: 278
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    I'm right at 5'9" and starting weight was 200..right now i'm at 183'sih (haven't weighted in a few weeks so i'm between 180 -183) my goal weight is around 150, But If i am happy at 160 then I'll stop there. If i go down below 140 i tend to look a lil too thin.
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    I'm 48 years old, 5'10.5" and currently 183. I got down to 150 about 7 years ago, but looked gaunt. My plan is to get to 160 and see how I feel. I work out 3-4 times a week with kettlebells and do pilates reformer classes one day each week.
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    okay so i am 5*10 and 182 right now and i want to get down to a healthy weight and i am a medium build so i was wanting to see sucess stories of weight loss so i can get a idea of how low i want to get i was thinkin between 140 to 150 i want to be fit but i dont want to be skin and bones if that makes sense . when i started 14 days ago i was 188 i was just wondering your thoughts and ideas if you have pics that would be great

I'm 5'9" medium-small build and the lightest I can go is about 145 or I start looking emaciated. 150 is my good weight. Just take it a few pounds at a time and celebrate the non-scale victories like how your clothes fit and the inches you've lost. A low and healthy body fat and good lean muscle build is much more important than weight (and helps you look your absolute best at any weight)!
  • brwneyedgirl89
    brwneyedgirl89 Posts: 2 Member
    I am 5'9 and used to way 215 last summer and since have used MFP with running and eating tons of veggies and fruits I weigh 185 currently and am trying to weigh 160 as my target weight goal :-)
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    I am 5ft 9 and I started off at 230lb. I now weigh 174 and I don't wan't to lose much more, feel too skinny. I'm a british size 8 on top and a 10 on my bum. BIG difference!

wow I'm 172 and a uk size 14, same height. Just shows how different people carry weight differently.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm 5'8" and have a small build and I'm a runner. My highest weight (non-pregnant) was 155. I'm currently 127 and have a goal of 125lbs. I also lift heavy and do yoga to help lengthen my muscles (since I'm not that good at stretching after my runs--oops ;)
  • I am 5"11" in a half, mother of 3. I was 184 when I got pregnant Oct 2010. I gained 35-38 pounds. I'm currently 208 and want to get out of my 200's! I want to be 150. Being tall is good cause I don't look my weight. Good luck everyone!
  • aledavies15
    aledavies15 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5*10 and was 224lb when I started losing weight, I'm currently 179lb and am aiming for around 154lb. Don't know how to add pictures as I only signed up today. The lowest weight I've been is 140-147 but that was before having two kids. All this before and after pics are great, thanks for sharing and is defo going to keep me motivated :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!