I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    Women walking naked all over the locker room just for fun.

I am not sure what walking around "just for fun" includes. However, I certainly feel like it's ok to be naked in the dressing room. I hate conservative, Southern gyms that make me feel like I have to hide behind some silly curtain in a cramped space to change clothes. What is the biggie? Also, if I am showering at gym and drying my hair I am probably hot and remaining out of my clothes while getting ready (I do wrap a towel around me) helps keep me cool. Who wants to sweat while applying makeup?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    lane hogging in the pool. Three's a tri-club that has taken over the pool on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they don't know how to circle swim so instead of staying reasonably condensed and allow other members to use the pool the spread out and hog the whole thing. Half of them aren't even members!
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    MMA and UFC wannabes. bad tattoos and bro downs need to go!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    women who wear shorts so small and short you can see there vagina when they stretch. yes this bothers me, how would you feel if my stuff was hanging out all the time??

Men with too short shorts too. Where I live, it is always a military dude (but not all military dudes) wearing the military issue shorts... eeew. definitely no "OORAH" for them
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    exercise anorexics. I know it's a serious illness but it is hard to watch a skeletal girl kill herself on the elliptical for an hour.

This^^

My gym actually ended up quietly banning a woman who they said was trying to "convert" other gym goers into her type of starvation/exercise diets.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on................... women dousing themselves in body spray, hair spray, scented lotion, perfume, etc. Totally choked out last night getting back to my locker, walking through a veritable cloud of perfumigation.

Was just about to post the same thing. I would rather smell your stink than your perfume, please.

Ummm I would rather smell neither!! I almost choked with weights in my hands because some guy was so funky he should have had a green cloud around him to at least warn me.

I'd rather smell disgusting old sweat BO than be perfumigated.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    peeps who dont wipe down the equipment and I say this cause I got ringworm on my face from peeps who dont do this,so dont touch your face no matter what. and wipe your machine down b and after.,...just sayin;)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on wearing perfume etc in the pool. Oh wait, it does,

I've lost count the amount of times I've been swimming, pass someone and they smell of perfume or cologne or something else. It's chokable. Lol.
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    exercise anorexics. I know it's a serious illness but it is hard to watch a skeletal girl kill herself on the elliptical for an hour.

Banning them isn't going to cure them, and we don't ban other people we don't enjoy looking at...
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Children.... which to me is ANYONE under 18.... (well, I could make an exception here and there, but it would be a case by case basis).

AND.... Mother's who have no freakin' sense and bring their 8 yr. old SON into the WOMEN'S locker room! There are FAMILY locker rooms just for this situation.

You must not have kids...

I agree with kids not being in the gym part, but sometimes you have to drag your son into the women's locker room if the family one is full! Especially if he has to pee. I am not sending him in the men's locker room by himself!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Over charging me for crap I don't want or use.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    People taking the middle of three machines. :mad:

I am so curious what is annoying about this? Seriously, not being snarky here just perplexed! Do tell.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    MMA and UFC wannabes. bad tattooss and bro downs need to go!
    Ha!
  • richied26
    richied26 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Steroid junkies who drop the weights.... just to let everyone know they can bench the weight of a small family car
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Cell phones, frat boys sitting on machines and not using them, pizza (I hate pizza night at the gym, nearly made me puke all over last night!)
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Cell phone usage. This lady would NOT stop talking on the treadmill behind me! and I had my volume pretty high..
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    ...attention *kitten*...
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    ...On wearing a sports-bra as a top for women who have grab-able fat on their abdomen. There is 1 young girl who does this. Since she’s like 19 with a bellybutton ring I guess she feels she is hot stuff but her blubber literally has some overhang onto her pants, ewww! Keep it covered until you have something worthy to show off. It’s possible she weighed a lot more so now she is hot stuff compared to her former self but unless you keep a before photo tagged to your back all we see is gross squish, no thanks.

That is pretty rude!! Just because you don't have the confidence she does, does not give you the right to put her down. Maybe you should think about wearing a ski mask over your face. Take it as you will!!!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Women walking naked all over the locker room just for fun.

Unfortunately, I never see women walking naked all over the locker room in the gym where I work out.....
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Beards.