I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    The creepy old pervert that just sits and leers at the women in the gym. Weirdo!

Ooh, this too. There's one at my gym who isn't even that old but he gets on a machine at the lowest intensity and then turns around and watches everyone, especially the women. I try to never make eye contact - he's really creepy.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on __________

bare midriffs.

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority but I really do prefer modesty. Dudes with no shirt, women with just sports bras and no actual top, ew. My old gym was horrible for these. I did most of my weight lifting with my eyes closed b/c it's my issue not theirs. Thankfully my current gym is company owned and most folks don't do this.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    oh man, but where would the entertainment go? I love my guido juiceheads for the comedic value alone.
  • aanderson1126
    Options
    the people that choose to use the machine next to you in an empty gym and then peer over to see how fat you're going...I'm not in a race, I'm here to work it off....

oh...also, the ditzy girls/ gym bunnies that show up just to talk while they hang out at the machines trying to look hot like it's a night club. Stop trolling for dates at the gym already!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Children.... which to me is ANYONE under 18.... (well, I could make an exception here and there, but it would be a case by case basis).

AND.... Mother's who have no freakin' sense and bring their 8 yr. old SON into the WOMEN'S locker room! There are FAMILY locker rooms just for this situation.

You must not have kids...

Right. There is a daycare at the gyms for a reason.
    Yet I agree on the 8 year old in the locker room. "/
  • Tadpole666
    Tadpole666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

I f**king hate that!!!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The creepy old pervert that just sits and leers at the women in the gym. Weirdo!

we have a young lad that does that
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I agree with kids not being in the gym part, but sometimes you have to drag your son into the women's locker room if the family one is full! Especially if he has to pee. I am not sending him in the men's locker room by himself!

Then you wouldn't mind if i walked in front of/ stood in front of your son buck *kitten* naked in the change room?:laugh:

LOL nope! He is only 4 though.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories.

ya know... that's kind of a bullsh*t thing to put a ban on. For some people it's hard enough just to get on the darn treadmill.

I find this comment hurtful and not all cool
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    People who take up machines and space while talking on the phone, reading, etc, etc... and never working up a sweat.

I am not sure if you are talking about me or not. I usually read the whole time I am on a treadmill but I definitely work up a big sweat and get a great workout. Reading just helps pass the time.

When I hit the stationary bike I am doing some multi tasking. While I am peddling my rump off and breaking a good sweat I like reading and listening to music.
  • jcpmoore
    Options
    People who take up machines and space while talking on the phone, reading, etc, etc... and never working up a sweat.

I am not sure if you are talking about me or not. I usually read the whole time I am on a treadmill but I definitely work up a big sweat and get a great workout. Reading just helps pass the time.

Me too. If I'm on the bike, I'm reading. I'd rather do that than watch yet another ep of Dr Phil on tv while I'm using the bike. I can work out just as hard while I'm reading as you can while you're not.

I actually saw a woman today that used four different machines, prob about 15 mins each, for an hour in the gym. Not sure if she worked up a sweat at all, but she didn't stink after. (She changed right next to me in the locker room. Not my choice.) She didn't shower but changed immediately. And she didn't seem to need a shower, either. But she's pretty fit. So I'll keep my opinions about whether she should have used the machines to myself. :)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    How about not banning anyone as long as they are working out, since that's awesome?

But if they're creepin', they need to GTFO.
  • LauraMyny
    LauraMyny Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    People taking the middle of three machines. :mad:

YESSSSSSSS!!!! I dont wanna do my hour long cardio next to you if I dont have to so go away! You are breathing in my oxygen and your breath/balls stink. Just sayin'.
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse than trying to lift heavy when someone walks past and knocks you out with their stench....or trying for that extra mile on the treadmill having to run next to someone who should be running outside by themselves....

Also, the nonsense at the gym, I typically enjoy....it is better than watching the crap on the TVs, which is usually the Food Network, and Paula Dean coating everything in sticks of butter!
  • jcpmoore
    Options
    when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories.

ya know... that's kind of a bullsh*t thing to put a ban on. For some people it's hard enough just to get on the darn treadmill.

^^^^
    This. Who died and made you my personal trainer? Or, more importantly, my physical therapist? If my physical therapist tells me not to use the incline because my knee injury, why should you care whether I'm doing it the way you would? Why are you even looking at the treadmill that person is using to see if they ARE using an incline? That seems more than nosy.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

oh ya! I find that so rude.

I have had them put a ban on eating food at the gym. Im allergic to bananas and I kept seeing the same guy walking on the treadmill eating a banana! WTH? I now have to worry about what this guy touched so I don't touch it? Im not deathly allergic, but I sure don't like looking like I was beat by a cheese grater.

I once saw someone eating on a treadmill and it made me laugh out loud - what was his point?? Seriously, the only time you have to grab a meal is DURING your workout? I mean, when training for a marathon I have sucked an energy gel on long runs but when I hop to the gym for an hour on the tread I don't bring a pot roast!

As a diabetic, I actually had to stop my workout to eat (once) because my blood sugar was dropping. But, I did go outside because I thought the sound of me crunching an apple would annoy folks.

Well now I feel like a jerk...sorry!...a medical reason never occurred to me. Hope I didn't offend you I was trying to be funny but it seems I might have been insensitive.
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options

You would think people would be happy to see "big" people in the gym, at least they are trying to do something about their weight. I don't know about you but I didn't lift my body weight or run a 5k the first time I went to the gym. Some people are ignorant.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Children.... which to me is ANYONE under 18.... (well, I could make an exception here and there, but it would be a case by case basis).

AND.... Mother's who have no freakin' sense and bring their 8 yr. old SON into the WOMEN'S locker room! There are FAMILY locker rooms just for this situation.

You must not have kids...

I agree with kids not being in the gym part, but sometimes you have to drag your son into the women's locker room if the family one is full! Especially if he has to pee. I am not sending him in the men's locker room by himself!

I can appreciate that a need is a need, but I've felt pretty violated before by unexpected male children in the adult locker room. If there's a family locker room that's child-friendly and an adult one that isn't, I choose the adult one, because I don't want to feel like a creep for being naked like I should be allowed to in a locker room. I really don't want to get naked in front of someone's 8 year old boy.

I know it's not as simple as just leaving your kids at home or whatever, but it makes me really uncomfortable to be confronted with other people's kids, particularly boys, when I'm naked.

I totally agree with worej. We have a policy in my gym that young men aren't allowed in the ladies locker room over the age of 5. We do not have dressing stalls, and because of the 2 pools the 6 toilet stalls are always wet from children in and out of the pool (swim practice goes from 3 - 830 PM). Unless you want to get your clothes soaked you change in the middle of the big room. I've asked mothers how old their sons are and requested that they remove the ones 6 and over. Children are curious (my son is 2.5, he's curious sometimes) and I don't need other people's children leering at me and making me feel creepy for doing what your supposed to do in a locker room: shower, dry off, change.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

Well I'm not a dude, so maybe this doesn't apply, but I drop the weights after reps. If I'm lifting heavy then I don't want to waste my strength carefully lowering the bar. Then again, the floor at my gym is designed for dropping so maybe it's different.

I wish my gym would ban that one guy who flings sweat everywhere when he shakes his hair in the middle of a treadmill workout. Seriously, that is nasty. Get a bandana.