cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I workout at my little apartment gym

- the tvs
    - dropping/clanging weights
    - talking on the phone
    - talking with a friend
    - heavy perfume or other stink
    Or basically anything that disturbs my iPod groove or breathing. Best if no one else is there but if they are quiet I don't care what they're doing and I am even happy to see them as long as they don't compete for the equipment I want :laugh:
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on................... women dousing themselves in body spray, hair spray, scented lotion, perfume, etc. Totally choked out last night getting back to my locker, walking through a veritable cloud of perfumigation.
    x10000
    Was next to a woman the other day, I actually had to move it was so freaking strong. Ladies, I dont care what other days...sweat is sexy!
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on................... women dousing themselves in body spray, hair spray, scented lotion, perfume, etc. Totally choked out last night getting back to my locker, walking through a veritable cloud of perfumigation.

Was just about to post the same thing. I would rather smell your stink than your perfume, please.

NOT ME! I was doing the elliptical next to a guy who reeked of BO so bad I couldn't take in a breath without it going into my mouth. Then another time it was a girl who stank of cigarette smoke. Both were much, much worse than any perfurme to me.
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on: people on the machine next to you looking at your progress and what you're doing. ARGGHHHH!! It's my machine and my workout!! :D

I had that problem...and me being a BIGGER person and not being on an incline, I knew people were looking at my screen. I started to put my towel over the display, now they can't see and I am not counting down the minutes LOL!!!1
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts....also banned at Planet Fitness. That place is a joke
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I can't stand these fakers with the make-up. Just there to scoop up guys. Unfortunately, it sometimes works! :P
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Women walking naked all over the locker room just for fun.

I am not sure what walking around "just for fun" includes. However, I certainly feel like it's ok to be naked in the dressing room. I hate conservative, Southern gyms that make me feel like I have to hide behind some silly curtain in a cramped space to change clothes. What is the biggie? Also, if I am showering at gym and drying my hair I am probably hot and remaining out of my clothes while getting ready (I do wrap a towel around me) helps keep me cool. Who wants to sweat while applying makeup?

Being naked to change is fine, the rest of us have a problem when it's naked chatting, makeup application or hair styling or naked texting – prolonged nakedness ESPESCIALLY when you involve others. Don’t chat me up if you are nude, it’s distracting and never attractive. You don't have to hide if you don't want but the rest of us don't want a prolonged show. Myself and some co-workers belonged to an expensive gym in Toronto for a month and the nakedness was one of the reasons on my con list when asked afterwards why we didn't join and hand them $1200+ a year. 65 year olds with implants and women who have never shaved below the waist are not attributes the rest of us want to see.
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i agree! but i do take pride in the fact that i am there soley to better myself through my workout, and not by trying to "look cute" and pick up guys.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please

:indifferent: I do this...it is where my hands are most comfortable...:ohwell:

this eliminates most of the work you are doing, if you need to hold to then lower the incline and/or the speed. I see people do this then talk about how many cals the burn (based on the treadmill reading) of course the treadmill thinks you are not holding one which takes a lot more work.
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    Our gym has 1 cubicle in the changing rooms so everyone has to get changed in front of each other.... I don't mind too much but don't wander round naked, I do a quick change under the towel where possible...

The part about this that bothers me is the number of people that come and start touching me and yanking on my towel to look at my tattoos! It's unbelievable!

And the people who pull touch me and generally rearrange my clothing to 'see how far that one goes' I swear I should just punch someone out! Ha ha!

I have a couple, and get that treatment once in a while. I've learned to get pretty stern about my boundaries. My best friend, who has a full sleeve as well as a bunch of other ones, has seriously become such a ***** about strangers touching her... and rightfully so! I can't believe people think that's appropriate. So rude.

I can appreciate curiosity, and if someone asks nicely, I'll usually show them the whole thing or answer questions. But you're not entitled to touch me without asking!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please

:indifferent: I do this...it is where my hands are most comfortable...:ohwell:

do you walk/run off the treadmill like that?
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Lycra lurkers - the ones who stand around hogging a piece of equipment, not actually using it but just standing on or by it chatting - and if you DARE ask them to move, will then turn on you and scathingly say that THEY are on that piece of equipment!!!
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    people too old to walk let alone workout
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Can we ban *kitten* who spend their time *****ing on the internet about the annoying **** other people do rather than exercising? That would be awesome.

Hello pot, meet kettle
  • bignas76
    bignas76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is proabally a bit over the top BUT it really grosses me out. All the older men who walk around butt *kitten* naked in the locker room. And I dont mean from the shower to the lockers. I mean the guys who walk around naked, brush their teeth and shave at the sinks like they are at home. That is just uncalled for. IMO
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...wearing makeup.

I hate being the only bummy-looking bare-face girl there. :/ but at least I know my workout isn't going to cause me a breakout!

I don't picture you ever looking bummy lol, but that's just me.

Oh, you'd be surprised what a long run can do to a girl!! Lol...but thank you.
    I think it's more the sweaty hair that bothers me. But dripping sweat is a good thing!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    spandex
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Perhaps Planet Fitness bans sweat too? I imagine that as a place where one walks in and they hand you a magazine to read as you sit on the recumbent bike on the lowest setting for an hour while watching the news.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Robot cheetahs on the treadmill. They make me look bad.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    on people who make horrible noises while lifting the weights. we are going for reps most of the time, so if you cant move the weight easily then obviously you arent as strong as you want everyone to think and you need to take some weight off your bar!