I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    About the only thing I have not seen mentioned is people who will wait for a place to park up close to the entrance instead of walking across the parking lot. Haha.... looks so funny.

Guilty as charged on this one but I can tell you precisely why I try to park up front and will even wait for a close parking spot -- I go at night and the the parking lot is so dark. Recently, we've had a rash of thefts at my gym and even an attempted murder in the parking lot. So where I choose to park has nothing to do with me not wanting to burn some calories. :)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    People taking the middle of three machines. :mad:

I am so curious what is annoying about this? Seriously, not being snarky here just perplexed! Do tell.

Haha, in one part of the gym there are three bikes in a row, and so many times there is someone on the middle one. I go with a friend and we like to bike together, but we have to sit apart because of the person in the middle. It's like in a bathroom, you should take the outside stalls, not the middle.

You didn't think maybe before you and your friend arrived that there may have been someone next to the person in the middle and they left. Is that person that is now in the middle alone suppose to stop working out and move over! wow! lol omg! 1st world complaints.

I have thought of that. But def #firstworldproblems.
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I workout at my little apartment gym

- the tvs
    - dropping/clanging weights
    - talking on the phone
    - talking with a friend
    - heavy perfume or other stink
    Or basically anything that disturbs my iPod groove or breathing. Best if no one else is there but if they are quiet I don't care what they're doing and I am even happy to see them as long as they don't compete for the equipment I want :laugh:

When I used to work out at my apartment, my biggest pet peeve was when I was in the middle of an elliptical workout, someone would come to the door and knock on it because they didn't have their keys, wanting me to stop and open the door. You try to ignore them, but they are staring you right in the eye pointing to the door knob. Ugh!! I also hate when the kids would gather around the gym window and just stare.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    People taking the middle of three machines. :mad:

I am so curious what is annoying about this? Seriously, not being snarky here just perplexed! Do tell.

Haha, in one part of the gym there are three bikes in a row, and so many times there is someone on the middle one. I go with a friend and we like to bike together, but we have to sit apart because of the person in the middle. It's like in a bathroom, you should take the outside stalls, not the middle.

What if the person simply got left in the middle after others have left?
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    People who dont use lockers, they just drop their duffle bag and outdoor shoes next to the treadmill they are about to use.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    people who spend more time chatting and less time working out and hogging the equipment as a result!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    on people who make horrible noises while lifting the weights. we are going for reps most of the time, so if you cant move the weight easily then obviously you arent as strong as you want everyone to think and you need to take some weight off your bar!

Huh? Heavy lifters don't "go for reps" they go for failure.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    women who wear shorts so small and short you can see there vagina when they stretch. yes this bothers me, how would you feel if my stuff was hanging out all the time??

You've seen someone's vagina?? Wow.

Im outraged. which gym was this did you say?

HAHAHA! at ^ ,
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

my gym DOES have a ban on that! :-)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down their equipment after using it! So, SO gross! :\

SAME HERE ugh its awful I mean really come on
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't like the creepers at the gym that stare at me (and it's pretty darn obvious). It was the reason I was hesitant to start a weight lifting program, because the weights side of my gym is almost always exclusively male except for girls with their personal trainers. I'm on week 2 of the New Rules of Lifting. Yes, I can deadlift 60 lbs already, yes I'm wearing a tank top, and no, that doesn't invite you to stare at my boobs the entire time I'm working out. I belong in the weight's section too...

I do workout with my makeup on though, I go to the gym straight from work and I don't ever both to wipe it off. It's usually a mess by time I'm done anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me. I've never put makeup on prior to going to the gym if it's the first thing I'm doing in the day or something.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...wearing makeup.
    I hate being the only bummy-looking bare-face girl there. :/ but at least I know my workout isn't going to cause me a breakout!

girl you're gorgeous, but there are people who will defend this left and right. to each his own I guess, but I still will never understand makeup put on with the intention of sweating, waste of money/product at best, okay /rant
  • oceanamy2287
    oceanamy2287 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Men wearing spandex. Seriously.
  • racote2
    racote2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Music that sounds like a bitter divorcees ringtone. What ever happened to upbeat and rhythmic music?
  • oceanamy2287
    oceanamy2287 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OMG... Me too! I swear I'm the only one in there at 5 a.m. who looks rough!
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The 90 pound women on the tredmill, that sound like a 450 pound man.....BAM BAM BAM BAM! LMAO!
  • ad5qa
    ad5qa Posts: 1
    Options
    singing aloud while listening to the iPod and/or talking on the cellphone while on the treadmill.
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    lol.... ALL the above .... (except the girls in the shorty shorts):devil:

About the only thing I have not seen mentioned is people who will wait for a place to park up close to the entrance instead of walking across the parking lot. Haha.... looks so funny.

All these res reasons I'm glad I do my workouts at home ... plus the money I save. (I wonder if I can get my wife to wear those shorty shorts though.....)

THIS! the parking lot at my gym is RIDICULOUS! and people will literally wait and watch the door to see if someone is going to their car in a close spot. It holds up traffic clear onto the main road and IMO is just DUMB. You are AT THE GYM. walking an extra 50 feet REALLY wont kill you.... I always like to smile at the people waiting as I walk from the far end with my 25 pound kid in my arms and make it on TIME to my class.
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel like a jerk for saying this, but the "resolutioners" or the people throughout the year that decide they are going to go to the gym for like 2-3 weeks and clog up all of the classes & machines and then decide not to go again. If you keep with it, then good for you! But, I hate not being able to get into a class when its filled with faces I've never seen before and probably won't ever see again. April will probably begin another round when people realize bathing suit season is just around the corner... grrr...
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    ...hogging the cardio equipment. The treadmills at my gym are programmed to automatically shut down after thirty minutes, but I've seen people who just reprogram it and start again. There isn't even an automated shut off time for the elipticals, stairclimber, bikes, and wave gliders so people just keep going, and going, and going...even when they see that people are waiting for the machine. :angry: :mad: :explode: :grumble: