I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Also, the nonsense at the gym, I typically enjoy....it is better than watching the crap on the TVs, which is usually the Food Network, and Paula Dean coating everything in sticks of butter!

LOL! It seems that EVERY time I'm at the gym, Paula Deen is on at least one of the TV's!! What is up with that?!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    This is REALLY picky, but I wish we could have assigned lockers. When I used to go in the morning I used to always use this one locker that was near the mirror and plug for my hair dryer. Then this lady started coming the same time I did and always beat me to that mirror by just a few minutes. I hated feeling like I either had to rush to beat her there, or get stuck at a locker not near a mirror (I am too paranoid to leave my stuff unattended to go to the mirror).
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    That stupid song that they play Way Too Often. I don't know the name, but it repeats endlessly, "I like my beat fast and my bass down low". I want to cover my ears and scream, they could break terrorists with this song!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    the "moves like jagger" song...geez

NO!!!! I move like jagger to that song! :laugh:
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on: people on the machine next to you looking at your progress and what you're doing. ARGGHHHH!! It's my machine and my workout!! :D
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    Totally agree on this on this one. It is sooo gross when people don't wipe the machines down..
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Well I did not go through all the answers but for me its the damn teens who do the weights but sit on the machines while they break for 10 mins in between each set. and they dont move out of your way when you are trying to use something close by so annoying
  • chefgorman
    chefgorman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    People taking the middle of three machines. :mad:
    True
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories.

ya know... that's kind of a bullsh*t thing to put a ban on. For some people it's hard enough just to get on the darn treadmill.

I find this comment hurtful and not all cool

^^^^
    This. Who died and made you my personal trainer? Or, more importantly, my physical therapist? If my physical therapist tells me not to use the incline because my knee injury, why should you care whether I'm doing it the way you would? Why are you even looking at the treadmill that person is using to see if they ARE using an incline? That seems more than nosy.

Agreed! People who don't think someone else is lifting enough weight or working out hard enough to justify the space they're taking up or whatever need to chill. They pay the same gym fees as you do. Even if someone is reading a book and taking an easy pace on the bike, they're still getting a workout. There are plenty of obnoxious things that people do in a gym, but I just don't feel like not working out hard enough is much of an offense.
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Perfume and cell phones...
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on: people on the machine next to you looking at your progress and what you're doing. ARGGHHHH!! It's my machine and my workout!! :D

I usually put a towel on the display or keep a magazine open. I don't like even seeing my own progress constantly; if I'm watching the timer or the calorie count, it seems to take twice as long, lol.

But yes, that's annoying.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options

That's absolutely not true. I go to the gym straight after work and do not take the time to take off my make-up. That doesn't mean I am not there to work out. I take pride in how I look, whether it be at the gym, grocery store, work, etc. I also think I look DAMN "pretty" when I work out, thank you very much. & I sweat A LOT.

P.S. I also don't break out from wearing make-up to the gym. Let's try and remember that everyone is different.Thanks.

I didn't say that all people who wear makeup to the gym aren't working out hard. But at my gym (I work out at my college) I see a lot of girls just leisurely pedal on the stationary bike for an hour while texting. they tend to be the ones wearing a full face of makeup.

Also, I personally have sensitive skin that breaks out when I wear foundation and then sweat in it. I'd rather be the one bare-faced girl today then be the girl with the giant pimple tomorrow.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    People sitting on the equipment and preventing others from using it while they talk on their cell phone.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Can we ban *kitten* who spend their time *****ing on the internet about the annoying **** other people do rather than exercising? That would be awesome.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Perfume and cologne. I don't care how people look or what they do, but once they start messing with my sinuses... it's WAR!
  • logitech
    logitech Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Using the 24 hour gym as their apartment. Many times I've come into the locker room in the morning to find someone sleeping on the couch. You can tell they were not there to work out.
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please

:indifferent: I do this...it is where my hands are most comfortable...:ohwell:
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I am probably guilty of this... I tend to look around when I am on the machine for too long and sometimes if someone is next to me I peek at their machine. I don't do it long but it's just a curiosity. I never say anything, but I'm always thinking "wooo can't wait until I can be that good lol"
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Our gym has 1 cubicle in the changing rooms so everyone has to get changed in front of each other.... I don't mind too much but don't wander round naked, I do a quick change under the towel where possible...

The part about this that bothers me is the number of people that come and start touching me and yanking on my towel to look at my tattoos! It's unbelievable!

And the people who pull touch me and generally rearrange my clothing to 'see how far that one goes' I swear I should just punch someone out! Ha ha!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    holy heck Charlie... that's not cool at all!